Skunk #1 (Afghan x Colombian Gold) x Acapulco Gold by Mel Frank - Todd McCormick

• Thread starter Week4Bytch
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

The Cannabis Karen (I'm a Bytch)
Supporter
Shooting from the hip with this one folks. I see it playing out in my head as growing a female out and then grabbing a few clones to maximize some flower production. Regular seeds. We dropped 4 beans in some rapid root pods. Not sure which tent will be available by the time a female reaches maturity, so we'll all find that out when we get there. I have an infinity seed/clone kit coming in by Sunday. Seems like I should have done that before starting anything, have the pods in my daughter's Disney bowl..lol. but they're starting to pop, at least one is right now... go figure.
Skunk 1 afghan x colombian gold x acapulco gold by mel frank   todd mccormick 3
Skunk 1 afghan x colombian gold x acapulco gold by mel frank   todd mccormick
Skunk 1 afghan x colombian gold x acapulco gold by mel frank   todd mccormick 2

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
In 1988 Mel Frank begot Skunk No.1 seeds from Skunkman Sam, put them into the the refrigerator until 1996 when he reproduced them 8 years later. Then Mel Frank properly stored them for another 24 years until 2020, when they were grown and selected by Todd for the more acrid terpene phenotypes.

This is the legendary Skunk #1, developed by Skunkman Sam in the 1970's and is a relatively stabilized, true breeding hybrid.

Originally offered by Sacred Seeds and Cultivators Choice, it is a combination of:

(Afghan x Colombian Gold) x Acapulco Gold

Last edited:
Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
And....HERE!! And just in time, a few are starting to stretch to high to my liking. The great news is...even in that makeshift seedling tray (my daughter's Disney bowl) is that they all popped.
The AC Infinity Propagation Kit is impressive. Easy to set up, and it included an extension kit. We can raise the roof on this mother for when we drop party cups in here. (Seems like there is room for 6 party cups.) Without the cups we can drop 40 seedlings in this unit. (5x8 pockets) the top is made of some thick tough see through plastic. Not them cheap flimsy ones you find at the hydro store. And the included lighting (Samsung) LED kit takes it up a notch. I have it sitting above an old heat mat I already had. Saved a little money there but they do have a kit with the heat mat included. I might add that extension kit here soon. See how these seedlings react to how it's set up now. Comes with a cool little controller for the lights too. I think I'll leave mine on 24/7 for now. I can set it for 18 hour cycle with a sunrise setting if I wanted ..lol, way cool. So we'll see how this thing jives with some real world use. So far I'm impressed.
PXL 20231211 012140100
PXL 20231211 011157616PORTRAIT
PXL 20231211 010830898
PXL 20231211 010802863
PXL 20231211 010917342PORTRAITORIGINAL
PXL 20231211 0109085422

Last edited:
Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
Awesome, hope you don't mind if I follow along. I've been looking at agseedco for a minute, thier (ON haze x Original haze) × NL2 will probably be my next seed purchase
Welcome aboard @2Water I don't know why Todd McCormick gets a lot a flack, this guys been around forever. He's been an ambassador for cannabis for a very long time. His beans have popped quick compared to others I've tried so far.

2Water

2Water

Welcome aboard @2Water I don't know why Todd McCormick gets a lot a flack, this guys been around forever. He's been an ambassador for cannabis for a very long time. His beans have popped quick compared to others I've tried so far.
I have really only seen positives about him, but nothing about his plants. No pictures, grow journals, and I've checked all the boards🤷‍♂️

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
I have really only seen positives about him, but nothing about his plants. No pictures, grow journals, and I've checked all the boards🤷‍♂️
Todd has some big names out there that really don't like him, Nevilles followers and Joe Peitri for example have some beef with Todd.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
That's a shame
I agree, and Todd was really cool to chat with me for an hour just talking Cannabis (about a year ago), I didn't even know who I was talking to really until the end when he mentioned stuff about himself, I had to ask him ...are you Todd McCormick!? It was him. He's really down to earth guy who will talk to anyone on his websites chat. He mentioned I reminded him of a good friend he had in high school, even sent me some free beans. He must have been in a really good mood. So, yeah, been a Todd McCormick fan ever since. Grabbed his book, it's a little dated but still worth grabbing. Some history in that book.

2Water

2Water

I agree, and Todd was really cool to chat with me for an hour just talking Cannabis (about a year ago), I didn't even know who I was talking to really until the end when he mentioned stuff about himself, I had to ask him ...are you Todd McCormick!? It was him. He's really down to earth guy who will talk to anyone on his websites chat. He mentioned I reminded him of a good friend he had in high school, even sent me some free beans. He must have been in a really good mood. So, yeah, been a Todd McCormick fan ever since. Grabbed his book, it's a little dated but still worth grabbing. Some history in that book.
That's freaking amazing

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
Got bored and transferred the pods into party cups. Just for reference for something I might want to try in the near future. And that's to just germinate straight into party cups instead of the Rapid Root Pods. I think it'll work but the lighting has to be at maybe 300-350 par. (lighting set at #6-7 with this unit) These seedlings STRETCHED out some long goose necks. 😒 They did start out in some really low lighting in the indoor tent sitting at the bottom. I have the lighting on this unit set at #4 right now. I'm guessing maybe 200-250 par from the top of the cups. These won't sit here to long anyway. They're almost touching the top of this thing, (good while it lasted). The tap root was already coming out the bottom of 3 (out of the 4) root pods. I have a vegging section (closet) that these will probably sit for the next 2 weeks or so. These are growing out faster than anticipated. 😐 (Happy Frog soil)
PXL 20231213 010723869
PXL 20231213 010548602

Last edited:
Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
never heard of him...do you know who todd is? just a reminder seeds is currently "legal" however sending them thru the mail is not legal or across state lines. why do you think seeds are sent thru the mail if it is illegal to do so?
Think again...
Screenshot 20231213 071943

2Water

2Water

never heard of him...do you know who todd is? just a reminder seeds is currently "legal" however sending them thru the mail is not legal or across state lines. why do you think seeds are sent thru the mail if it is illegal to do so?
If you google search agseedco or Todd's name plus forums, you'll find info on all of the forums. The only "negative" I've seen is that some complain his IBL lines are open pollenations so not very stable, but that is literally the only one I found

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
If you google search agseedco or Todd's name plus forums, you'll find info on all of the forums. The only "negative" I've seen is that some complain his IBL lines are open pollenations so not very stable, but that is literally the only one I found
I think he's being sarcastic

the rrock

the rrock

Shooting from the hip with this one folks. I see it playing out in my head as growing a female out and then grabbing a few clones to maximize some flower production. Regular seeds. We dropped 4 beans in some rapid root pods. Not sure which tent will be available by the time a female reaches maturity, so we'll all find that out when we get there. I have an infinity seed/clone kit coming in by Sunday. Seems like I should have done that before starting anything, have the pods in my daughter's Disney bowl..lol. but they're starting to pop, at least one is right now... go figure.
View attachment 2084769View attachment 2084767View attachment 2084768
the skunk #1 were given away as freebies years ago(20+) from Sam Skunkman. Tried to grow these multiple times but just never found room,still have some of his skunk#1xHaze freebies.From the cannabisworld site or overgrow

Top Bottom