Tired of trainwrecking other peoples threads? Well then, come party at the captains! Trainwreck this thread with…….trains? Anything goes here……….

• Thread starter Captspaulding
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sourorangedieselkush

sourorangedieselkush

Smoke more it'll cure it, it cures lots of things
That’s usually what I do
Thats unfortunate. I have had friends in the past that have had this happen. The one I can recall stopped smoking for a while but is back at it now. Could try taking a break or maybe switch to a sativa?
Gonna try switching strains and if that doesn’t work may take a month or two off

TreeBee

TreeBee

I was so high once I thought I had telepathic discussions with the dog. Thing is, I still think I could. He didn't solve any of the world problems or anything buy talked about bitches and food and sniffing the wives underwear, so it made sense.
Truffles are different.
My dogs 100% read my mind. If I even think "I should take the dogs out" they are up and wiggling.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
So Mr Soul from Brothers Grimm is hooking me up with some seeds from his main fem lines. Well, Mrs Soul, actually. So, I'm pretty excited about that. May be that one day I'll do a collaboration with them, as we're in the same state and I have my own genetics I have been working on for years. That would be cool.

Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

So Mr Soul from Brothers Grimm is hooking me up with some seeds from his main fem lines. Well, Mrs Soul, actually. So, I'm pretty excited about that. May be that one day I'll do a collaboration with them, as we're in the same state and I have my own genetics I have been working on for years. That would be cool.
That is awesome, Deadstill. I bet a DeadSoul, or Mr. Dead?, strain would be fantastic.

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
I've smoked it.. but never grew it.. Same with the Forbidden Fruit. I bet a cross would be FIRE
How was the C99 smoke? I know nothin about it other than it's his most popular strain.

and as for FF it's an amazing strain but harder to grow and only medium yield. I've been working on making it easier to grow and higher yielding while keeping the terps as close to original FF as possible.

Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

How was the C99 smoke? I know nothin about it other than it's his most popular strain.

and as for FF it's an amazing strain but harder to grow and only medium yield. I've been working on making it easier to grow and higher yielding while keeping the terps as close to original FF as possible.
C99, from what I heard, is bred from a bean he found in a pack of Jack Herer. definitely has the uplifting, euphoric effects of the Jack, but the flavor is more on the citrus side of the scale than the Jack's spicy pine .

You are doing good work with that FF. The terps on the FF are very unique

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

How important is it to check ph before you do anything else when you have deficiencies etc etc ?
Ph is pretty important, there’s a range that uptake happens in and being outside that range consistently can affect your plants ability to uptake nutrients. I have gotten away from bottled nutrients and gone organic but I remember 5.5-6.5 was that range where most macronutrient uptake is possible.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Soil guys. That sounded like an insult but you know what I mean.

So, I was in the local gardening shop yesterday, again.

I was harassing a guy in there about wanting to recycle small amounts of potting soil organically indoors.

He said I should get this bucket of coal and mix in.

I have been thinking about this for a while now.

Am I understanding things right that I can take used potting soil, with clay or perlite and all, remove large roots and stuff. Soften it up with water, add powder compost (what should I look for?), let sit and use it again?

Sorry for this noobish question. Looking to save a buck, shit, $8 for 3 gallons 😵
Of course you can, look at the natural process, not any repotting going on outside. Just a natural recycling process.
Now if you were using bottled nutrients you would probably want to flush said reused soil. But if not, just reammend with compost or earth worm castings and some dry amendments. Maybe add pumice or perlite to aerate the soil a little.

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
C99, from what I heard, is bred from a bean he found in a pack of Jack Herer. definitely has the uplifting, euphoric effects of the Jack, but the flavor is more on the citrus side of the scale than the Jack's spicy pine .

You are doing good work with that FF. The terps on the FF are very unique
Yeah, I first came across Forbidden Fruit in a dispensary in SW Oregon in 2017, and I spent the better part of 2 years searching for a seed, a clone, anything. I was calling dispensaries and grow ops all up and down the West coast, begging for someone to come off of a clone or seed, to no avail.

Finally, my wife's friends from Hawaii happened to have Forbidden Fruit and had their parents in SoCal send me a clone after we did some "work" for them. At the time, I was instructed not to share any clones or seeds of FF with anyone, that was part of the deal. I could breed it and do whatever I wanted with the results but I couldn't share the original FF.

Now, finally, FF is more widely available. I got some FF seeds from Blimburn and they turned out to be legit, so I'm happy that this strain is no longer "on lockdown" like it was. It's pretty obvious the original breeders of Forbidden Fruit did NOT want their genetics to get out there, but that shit is only a matter of time when you got something everyone wants, it leaked eventually.

So far I've been working on crossing it with Super Silver Haze, and Blue Dream. The SSH cross I have narrowed it down to after a couple years of breeding and pheno hunting, is fuckin insane. Very dense buds, easier to grow, and the flavor? Unbelievable. Like Juicy Fruit gum mixed with Zebra Stripes gum and multiplied by 10, it's truly something to behold. I'm going to have some tester seeds of this available, soon.

Top Bottom