Tired of trainwrecking other peoples threads? Well then, come party at the captains! Trainwreck this thread with…….trains? Anything goes here……….

• Thread starter Captspaulding
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

We've been looking at Tennessee for 5-6 yrs now for about 30 acres, 24/7/365 stream, well and pond(s) with a fixer upper farm house. Seen a few within price range but we're so fking spoiled here with the weather. Friends in Murfreesboro (30 mins SE of Memphis) had a fking tornado roll through the other day. Fk me. I grew up here with the earth shaking a little every so often but I've never even seen a tornado in person. We've also gotten to that age of health issues catching up so we'll be staying put and dying in our home. I really can't complain other than the June gloom. It really sucks trying to grow from seed without proper light until July. Then come July and it's 100+ F every day until September and no real cold until November and by cold I mean under 70F🤪 You've seen the New Years day parade from Pasadena. 9 of 10 are 80F. New Years frickin day. Feb-March are usually coldest nights with a couple freezing. Otherwise it's 50ish at night and 80+ during the day for the most part. I'll just have to suffer through🙃

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

We've been looking at Tennessee for 5-6 yrs now for about 30 acres, 24/7/365 stream, well and pond(s) with a fixer upper farm house. Seen a few within price range but we're so fking spoiled here with the weather. Friends in Murfreesboro (30 mins SE of Memphis) had a fking tornado roll through the other day. Fk me. I grew up here with the earth shaking a little every so often but I've never even seen a tornado in person. We've also gotten to that age of health issues catching up so we'll be staying put and dying in our home. I really can't complain other than the June gloom. It really sucks trying to grow from seed without proper light until July. Then come July and it's 100+ F every day until September and no real cold until November and by cold I mean under 70F🤪 You've seen the New Years day parade from Pasadena. 9 of 10 are 80F. New Years frickin day. Feb-March are usually coldest nights with a couple freezing. Otherwise it's 50ish at night and 80+ during the day for the most part. I'll just have to suffer through🙃
i live in TN lol. It gets just as hot here as SoCal in summer 100% (have lived in both places), but it also gets opressively humid like the gulf states, and can have a bit of gnarly weather in winter. Grew up here, moved back recently.

You are in for a rude awakening though as far as growing here goes if you think what you call "june gloom" as bad growing weather. That sounds amazing to me.

You wont be growing any 2+ lb per monster plants out here, if you did that, ill tell you right now come the september thunderstorms youll be picking up some broken plants and branches out of the mud, even if you net them. If that's your jam invest in a greenhouse lol. Come october our weather swings cold pretty stupidly fast.

My plants have already pushed through pyrethrin immune aphids and quarter sized hail lol. Keep em low, keep em bushy, and keep the interiors defoliated and full of air flow. Do not fall in love with individual plants if you grow out here. And if you put out any heavy indicas, go ahead and light their funeral pyre as you plant them, and if you really want to fully finish up some real sativas, back to that greenhouse thing lmao.

And the cannabis climate, although still illegal, is FAR more relaxed in TN then NC or Texas or something. If you get caught and you dont have any other charges youll prob be let go and just told to keep the stuff at home. They dont do fly-overs looking for pot plants anymore, and if you walk down the street asking people if they smoke pot, more random strangers here will say yes, then anywhere else ive been, even Denver.

Not an exaggeration: You can be at 63f first day break in a May morning here, by lunch time, it can be into the 90s, causing plants to excessively transpire and bump the humidity to near 100%. Come 3-5pm, the temps will drop back to 63f and a crazy electrical thunderstorm with some hail and straight line wind will blow through. And itll be back to 85 and muggy by the time the sun sets. Come september it's that all over again, then all of a sudden its winter again.

In june and august, it likes to hit near 100 and break with a thundershower almost every single day lol. The humidity arrives as soon as all the abundant plant life goes green in may. Doesnt go away until it all disappears in october.

Tennessee Is literally the stretch of land where low pressure systems flowing over the plains from the pacific ocean hit warm moist gulf air and re-energize lol.

DO NOT purchase land with kudzu vine on it, you have been warned lmao. It kills everything in time, and can only be completely removed from land by stripping the top 14 inches of topsoil completely, and burning the surface that remains.

Welcome to TN maybe!

Last edited:
dankfrank83

dankfrank83

i live in TN lol. It gets just as hot here as SoCal in summer 100% (have lived in both places), but it also gets opressively humid like the gulf states, and can have a bit of gnarly weather in winter. Grew up here, moved back recently.

You are in for a rude awakening though as far as growing here goes if you think what you call "june gloom" as bad growing weather. That sounds amazing to me.

You wont be growing any 2+ lb per monster plants out here, if you did that, ill tell you right now come the september thunderstorms youll be picking up some broken plants and branches out of the mud, even if you net them. If that's your jam invest in a greenhouse lol. Come october our weather swings cold pretty stupidly fast.

My plants have already pushed through pyrethrin immune aphids and quarter sized hail lol. Keep em low, keep em bushy, and keep the interiors defoliated and full of air flow. Do not fall in love with individual plants if you grow out here. And if you put out any heavy indicas, go ahead and light their funeral pyre as you plant them, and if you really want to fully finish up some real sativas, back to that greenhouse thing lmao.

And the cannabis climate, although still illegal, is FAR more relaxed in TN then NC or Texas or something. If you get caught and you dont have any other charges youll prob be let go and just told to keep the stuff at home. They dont do fly-overs looking for pot plants anymore, and if you walk down the street asking people if they smoke pot, more random strangers here will say yes, then anywhere else ive been, even Denver.
So interesting reading about this, thank you.

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

So interesting reading about this, thank you.
I genuinely thought he was being sarcastic the first time he said "june gloom" because of Tennessee weather 🤣

Man if he moves from SoCal to Tennessee, the weather is going to be a bit of a shocker for sure, and say bye bye to stucco and Palm trees, and hello to cedar and ticks, mosquitos big enough to kidnap your dog, and poison Ivy hahahaha. It's a beautiful place though, especially on the eastern side.

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

Not an exaggeration: You can be at 63f first day break in a May morning here, by lunch time, it can be into the 90s, causing plants to excessively transpire and bump the humidity to near 100%. Come 3-5pm, the temps will drop back to 63f and a crazy electrical thunderstorm with some hail and straight line wind will blow through. And itll be back to 85 and muggy by the time the sun sets. Come september it's that all over again, then all of a sudden its winter again.

In june and august, it likes to hit near 100 and break with a thundershower almost every single day lol. The humidity arrives as soon as all the abundant plant life goes green in may. Doesnt go away until it all disappears in october.

DO NOT purchase land with kudzu vine on it, you have been warned lmao. It kills everything in time, and can only be completely removed from land by stripping the top 14 inches of topsoil completely, and burning the surface that remains.

Welcome to TN maybe!
It's a bitch expecting sun and getting 2 months of overcast skies every year. I've planted in June and grew plants just as big as starting in April. The pain is real🤣 in Tenn I wouldn't expect good weather until summer so I planned on good lighting. Can't afford it here with rates. We had planned on installing geothermal using a pond and also a stream generator hooked to batteries so I could run that shit all night.

Also wanted to fish and hunt on my own land but again I'm getting too old for most of what I'd have to do. Sucks getting old. Pro Tip, stay high😉

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

It's a bitch expecting sun and getting 2 months of overcast skies every year. I've planted in June and grew plants just as big as starting in April. The pain is real🤣 in Tenn I wouldn't expect good weather until summer so I planned on good lighting. Can't afford it here with rates. We had planned on installing geothermal using a pond and also a stream generator hooked to batteries so I could run that shit all night.

Also wanted to fish and hunt on my own land but again I'm getting too old for most of what I'd have to do. Sucks getting old. Pro Tip, stay high😉
Hazy overcast blurry skies are the usual through summer where im at anyway especially through July. If a more major storm comes through youll usually get a day or two of straight sun immediately after though. If you want any sort of reliability whatsoever outdoors you're definitely going to want a greenhouse here, and yea def start indoors or use supplemental lighting. My outdoor grow is really just for hunting phenos while giving myself the time i need to build a DWC system back up without going broke all at once lol. I dont know any growers out this way that can souly rely on outdoor plants thats for sure.

Seriously, through the summer months its not just hazy and overcast a lot, itll cloud up and storm on you at least once, sometimes more, most days lol. Although on the western side thats not quite the case, but is very similar. Storms less days, but when it does its way more intense.

They can form, dump, and dissipate all right over your head because of the volume of plant life on the eastern side. The density of flora quite literally whips up thunderstorms to cool off the air.

Putthataway

Putthataway

They gather up behind your knees, belt line , top of your socks .

Now go poop in the woods 🤣✌️
😂 I will pass. I worked with some dude that would always try to shoot the shit about cars. It was building of a few thousand people, wasn’t in my department. I ended up training someone from his department for my department. She had seen him talking to me and man did she have a story about this guy. Apparently he had a bed bug infestation and would intentionally go into work sit at someone else’s desk wear their headphones, use their phone, keyboard, desk drawers, etc. Basically the asshole was trying to spread the infestation to other households intentionally. Eradication of bed bugs is tough shit.

Putthataway

Putthataway

I had some shit go down last night. Not too happy about it. If you been following along I added the pro 69 controller and had some problems programming it. Trainwreckers got me on track with everything except the humidifier. I got some help this morning but I still haven’t got the program portion. Anyway once I had it plugged into the controller it was running I was able to turn the port on and off at the controller but it wouldn’t shut off. So last night I unplugged the controller so it wouldn’t continuously turn on. I woke up and checked the app and it’s like 80% humidity. I look the thermostat is locked and was continuously running all night. All the seedlings that were praying yesterday were all droopy and the Cali blues has a weird spot. I am hoping was caused by water pooling on the leaf and the light flipping it on. I took them off the pot to lower them in the event it was too much light but they were praying last night so I am leaning on the water pooling. V
IMG 1364
IMG 1365
IMG 1366
^ It’s also on two leaves on this plant. Two leaves. The white stuff you see is d.e that I added before bringing the new seedlings in and is getting blown on that plant. If anyone has insight on those spots please let me know. I have finally unlocked the thermostat from the controller/ unplugged controller. I am not going use the controller. It’s way simpler to just use the humidifier which has a thermostat. I set for whatever humidity I want. On the controller app it’s asking for a temperature to activate. Way too much frustration for something that would have worked on it’s own and not sure having them on the same controller would be superior to separate operation.

Putthataway

Putthataway

I'll answer, but with my track record... you probably already have the answer...

You have it set to "On" Set it to "Auto" it will allow you to set parameters that you want to stay within. What you have set in "On" (currently set at 1 in that photo) it sets your max.

Step 1 - Set to on - Max it to 10
Step 2 - Set to Off - set to zero
Step 3 - set to auto and set your parameters.

leave it set to auto and you should be good to go.
I am not to technology savvy. I tried and I got to the auto. it wanted temperature, not humidity. I finally got the device unlocked and have set the humidifier to run for humidity without the controller. I appreciate your assistance and anyone else who has. Your instructions 100% makes sense on the fans for the other 3 devices. The humidifier not so much. I am not asking it to shut off at a temp level, a humidity level like the device is programmed to do.

Top Bottom