Monkeybigbuds

Monkeybigbuds

How old does a plant have to be before you can take cuttings from it
Could you use the first set of side shoots

Galgrows

Galgrows

How old does a plant have to be before you can take cuttings from it
Could you use the first set of side shoots
Well that's a good question. I've only taken cuttings from photoperiods that have been at least 6wks old. I learned to do the bottom half, mid section and if it top it i'll use that. I've heard say that the strength/vigor comes from the top portions but not for sure. I'd wait till you get some growth like 7-8 nodes and be sure the plant is healthy/strong enough to recover.

Monkeybigbuds

Monkeybigbuds

Well that's a good question. I've only taken cuttings from photoperiods that have been at least 6wks old. I learned to do the bottom half, mid section and if it top it i'll use that. I've heard say that the strength/vigor comes from the top portions but not for sure. I'd wait till you get some growth like 7-8 nodes and be sure the plant is healthy/strong enough t

Well that's a good question. I've only taken cuttings from photoperiods that have been at least 6wks old. I learned to do the bottom half, mid section and if it top it i'll use that. I've heard say that the strength/vigor comes from the top portions but not for sure. I'd wait till you get some growth like 7-8 nodes and be sure the plant is healthy/strong enough to recover.
Yes mine are 5 weeks old on Monday so still early thanks for your advice

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

Ten days from seed I took the tops of 6 noded plants when mainlining at the 3rd.

Never to young to spread the Love with friends.

F12C3FB8 1197 401F BAB4 1B0B8A5E5BD6

Top Bottom