Trying to find a good medium I can feed/water every 2 days...(5 gal pot)

• Thread starter luxeluxe99
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Once every 2 days in veg, once a day in flower. 20% runout. My promix hpcc has never dried out. This twice a day or more bs is for people who have tiny pots, very low rh, very hot environments or OCD. All things that should be addressed instead of bandaiding the problem by watering more.

Standard rules apply, lift your freaking pot to tell how much water is left in it. If it's still heavy and wet, why would you water/feed it again? It's not rocket science.

I really think it's like most things. It depends on setup and environment. Driving plants hard with very high light you probably benefit from more and the opposite would apply. I think this is the reason most have such varying opinions on a lot of things. Different environment, grow style etc. Means different requirements.

We all swear it's the right way and we are all right because it is the right way for our grow

BigCube

BigCube

I really think it's like most things. It depends on setup and environment. Driving plants hard with very high light you probably benefit from more and the opposite would apply. I think this is the reason most have such varying opinions on a lot of things. Different environment, grow style etc. Means different requirements.

We all swear it's the right way and we are all right because it is the right way for our grow

Oh we are all running promix hpcc?

BigCube

BigCube

Nah that's what I'm saying bro. I have no doubt what your doing for your conditions are bang on. Same for others. Just trying to give the OP a perspective that all this great info needs to be taken as a guideline and tweeked to his grow.

I get it šŸ˜€

It would be nice if there were simple answers to questions like that. But the truth is, there are so many environmental differences between setups that no 2 will ever be the exact same. It pays to know what it is you're doing, so when you need to figure it out, you can.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I get it šŸ˜€

It would be nice if there were simple answers to questions like that. But the truth is, there are so many environmental differences between setups that no 2 will ever be the exact same. It pays to know what it is you're doing, so when you need to figure it out, you can.
Yup you can have all the great advice in the world but it still takes time to dial it in. 1 thing I always try to do is change one thing at a time and then adjust everything else it's affected. When you new you have so many things to try and balance out and most new growers don't understand this until they start so it's usually a rough first ride.
I still think the simplest best tip for a new grower is to keep the lighting on the low side of where ya want it. Plants are less demanding and more time to react until you get everything dialed in.

Most blast into it with to much light and everything out of balance.

Baby steps and most of us have learned the patience to do so. It's just trying to get the new grower who thinks more is better to understand this.

Patience and stability plants like stability. Making lots or big changes equals disaster.

Very nice grow btw

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
You all are making me jealous with your 2 waters a week. My plants will die if they don't get watered every 4 hrs in flower haha.

The Ocean Forest/perlite mix works great. What I started on with PBP (pure blend pro). Bag of Ocean forest and bag of Light Warrior also works great (used to be my mom mix for years). Size of your pot will be more of a factor with your watering schedule. As long as you are in at least 5 gals and not growing 4ft tall plants you should only need to water 2-3 times a week. Mushroom compost is a cheap add in that most every soil uses as a base if you want something extra in the soil.

Just premix you nutes in a container with at least 1 weeks worth of water. The more organic inputs you put into the mix the less PH stable it will be so take that into consideration if you don't want to adjust the PH more then once a week. Also adjusting PH isnt a crazy chore takes a couple mins so no big deal not a huge factor.

Best suggestion is stick with the least amount of things mixed into the medium and the least amount of bottles you will mix up. The more complex things get the harder it will to determine the problem if something goes wrong and which steps you need to take to fix it. Get a strong backbone and add stuff in steps. Not saying you will need to though. Simple stuff a lot of time ends up being the best. K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid. Best mantra when you are getting a handle on things.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
You all are making me jealous with your 2 waters a week. My plants will die if they don't get watered every 4 hrs in flower haha.

The Ocean Forest/perlite mix works great. What I started on with PBP (pure blend pro). Bag of Ocean forest and bag of Light Warrior also works great (used to be my mom mix for years). Size of your pot will be more of a factor with your watering schedule. As long as you are in at least 5 gals and not growing 4ft tall plants you should only need to water 2-3 times a week. Mushroom compost is a cheap add in that most every soil uses as a base if you want something extra in the soil.

Just premix you nutes in a container with at least 1 weeks worth of water. The more organic inputs you put into the mix the less PH stable it will be so take that into consideration if you don't want to adjust the PH more then once a week. Also adjusting PH isnt a crazy chore takes a couple mins so no big deal not a huge factor.

Best suggestion is stick with the least amount of things mixed into the medium and the least amount of bottles you will mix up. The more complex things get the harder it will to determine the problem if something goes wrong and which steps you need to take to fix it. Get a strong backbone and add stuff in steps. Not saying you will need to though. Simple stuff a lot of time ends up being the best. K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid. Best mantra when you are getting a handle on things.
Why would your plants die if you don't water every 4 hours? I'm not being smart, I'm just curious what process that you are using that requires such regular watering, hydro not included!

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Why would your plants die if you don't water every 4 hours? I'm not being smart, I'm just curious what process that you are using that requires such regular watering, hydro not included!
heat and rh ,unbelieveably hot in the south as he said florida,me texas,if you on a scrap yrd buget you buy and deal with cheaper gear,a ac or dehumidifier pretty hard to buy living on what i use to pay rent for,so you got a 90 degree room with 20% humidity fighting them hungry bitch threw to harvest ,i had 15 in a closet i always freaking wind up with 15 hahahahh no damn males 2 grows,but 3 gal pots with coco wore me the hell out im talking about i imagined them bitchs growing faster than soil hahahah 1 plant always need more,i was rocking 4 times a day plus 1 /5 times a day,them plants will lay flat on there face without that exchange,so there were all the difrence is in envorment,while they vegged once a day

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Hugos

Latest posts

Top Bottom