trying to find a nutrient schedule that works for sure.

• Thread starter Northdank67
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Northdank67

Northdank67

Hey, I'm not a first time grower but my latest grows have went to shit.. nute lockouts and all kinds of problems.. i've propably experienced every single kind of problem that can happen during an indoor coco, hydro or soil grow..I dont grow in a large scale, only for myself but it just pisses me off that for the past 3 years every time i've tried to grow i've been having a lot of problems with feeding the plants with correct nutrients at correct growth stages. and this npk thing has really started to confuse me alot lately. I've previously managed to grow some beautiful and tasty bud, and had ok Yields in coco but lately I've been starting to question myself and my knowledge alot after wasting thousands of Euros on stuff (nutes media pots, you name it) and had 0, and i repeat 0 success..
so I've decided to come here to ask for your help, i can only get my hands on products that can be bought online inside the EU, and I'd rather not spend too much money on nutrients that work.
I'd be super thankful if some of you more experienced guys could push me into right direction, I have two differents kinds of setups i could use for growing, a NFT GT100 hydro with a watercooler or to grow in coco+ perlite mix.
allso it would be very helpful if someone showed me a feed chart that works 100% i've read the fatman nute guide, but honestly i can't understand anything that hes saying.. :'D

thanks alot everyone.

B

benjones

i would go with coco and perlite as it's a bit more forgiving than NFT

as for a feed chart , every nutrient company usually has their own guidelines as to how much of each nutrient to use at which stage

what nutes are you using ?

BryanOconner

BryanOconner

I would go with soil . A 2 year old child can grow monster plants .
Add water and nutrients every time . Done. You question is subjective how often to feed in soil. But coco everytime
Like the person said above what are you feeding ?
coco . If you grow in that i cant help or hydro . Post all question in the hydro section.
You know coco is watered differently then soil . Fed differently . It has zero stored nutrients . It cost more It sucks . That is my subjective opinion about coco. Unless you using drippers to water or some other ways to water not hand watering
This tells you how to water coco . And ph is different then soil .
coco enjoy the mess every time. Like it says 20 % run off every watering . Have fun with that . Bring the towels

Last edited:
Northdank67

Northdank67

hey guys! thanks for taking your time and share your opinions! for now i've decided to go with coco+perlite mix (70/30) and i went a head and bought the whole biobizz nutrient line, one bottle each.. i kind of have my hopes up for now and i've regained some belief in my ability to grow but we'll see..

Northdank67

Northdank67

Add water and nutrients every time . Done. You question is subjective how often to feed in soil. But coco everytime
coco . If you grow in that i cant help or hydro . Post all question in the hydro section.
You know coco is watered differently then soil . Fed differently . It has zero stored nutrients . It cost more It sucks . That is my subjective opinion about coco. Unless you using drippers to water or some other ways to water not hand watering
coco enjoy the mess every time. Like it says 20 % run off every watering . Have fun with that . Bring the towels
i have a pretty different belief since i find watering soil harder to mess up than coco, for me its just very simply to water untill about 10%-20% runoff once or twice a day depending on how fast the water in the medium gets absorbed. and haha yeah i've been trought the towel mess thing :D learned from that bought a table and a drainage tray that has a hole in it so i can just place a bucket under and all the runoff will drain there. :)

B

bloodeye

hey guys! thanks for taking your time and share your opinions! for now i've decided to go with coco+perlite mix (70/30) and i went a head and bought the whole biobizz nutrient line, one bottle each.. i kind of have my hopes up for now and i've regained some belief in my ability to grow but we'll see..
I'm a first time grower myself and this grow is about the experimentation and finding out things, so I'm by no means an expert.

Plants are:
Rear left - big bud in only soil (miracle gro potting mix)
Rear left - crème brulee in soil and perlite
Front - vertigo in Coco and perlite

My observations:

Soil only and being miracle gro so far doesn't seem to be as shit as everyone says it is, (it is actually recommended on royal queen seeds how to grow guide) but as I said, first time grower so what do I know? Maybe the smoke will be horrible or it'll switch up on me in a few weeks and cause issues, who knows 🤷🏻‍♂️
The Coco seems fine as the plant looks healthy and growing well, she's just coming into flower but I will say, I had to review my watering schedule it all purely because (I've the same full biobizz nutes line up) all I was seeing was £££ signs going down the drain with the watering, so I've started watering every 2 days now (and my Coco will be dry dry at this point). I've pushed my soiled plants to ever 3 days with reduced 2 day breaks thrown in every now and then, everything seems to be fine with this schedule and I'm not seeing any slowing of growth.

When I started with the nutes I burnt the shit out of my young plants so my advice here would be to start at a 1/4 dosage and work up.
Also let the plants tell you how they're dealing with feeds. I think my plants look healthy (even the crème brulee that the carbon filter fell on and snapped a stem. She seems to be repairing well (I cable tied it back on) and she's just starting to show orange hairs on the buds) because I listen to them now.
The schedules are a great idea, but don't treat it as gospel. Use it as an idea. Eg if they say use x amount at week 3, which is half way through the flowering according to their schedule and you've got a 10 week flowering stage, then you're going to need to drag out each week a bit longer.

Oh and if you're doing autos like me, work at half of what the schedule recommends. So start at a 1/5 then go to 1/4 then 2/5 then to 1/2.

And lastly, keep a diary on here. That's really helped me with knowledge and advice of what to expect and how to react to things.

Hope this helps

Oh and very last thing, I'm still weighing up soil or Coco for my next grow. Soil seems easier and with less management of pH etc and less mess to clean up.
Coco is more engaging and involved but nutes take longer to set up, watching pH etc (I don't bother with conductivity and ppm and all seems fine to me 🤷🏻‍♂️) and then having to clean up the run off (I use a wet vac and towels).
So I'm still not entirely sure myself which way to go next

N

Natep

Buy some soil from build a soil get the 3.0 mix. Do 1 ten gallon pot. Just add water till you are ready to flip to flower. Top dress with worm castings and build a soil craft blend. Quit playing with synthetic nutrients. To much of a pain in the ass.

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

Buy some soil from build a soil get the 3.0 mix. Do 1 ten gallon pot. Just add water till you are ready to flip to flower. Top dress with worm castings and build a soil craft blend. Quit playing with synthetic nutrients. To much of a pain in the ass.
biobizz liquid nuts are 100% organic

we have few more organic nutrients brand in the EU than in the US

Bilber

Bilber

I was considering switching from peat/perlite to coco/perlite due to it being more environmentally friendly, but.......

I think my next swap will be dwc, but I'm still stuck with peat/perlite......

I love it though......soil was hit and miss, but now that I'm more experienced than I was, it's all on the table.....just not ready....

Northdank67

Northdank67

heres the thing i was saying before, i live in Europe so i can't access the US stuff like build-a-soil.. would of loved to try that but theres no such thing like that in europe

M

monkey47

Hey, I'm not a first time grower but my latest grows have went to shit.. nute lockouts and all kinds of problems.. i've propably experienced every single kind of problem that can happen during an indoor coco, hydro or soil grow..I dont grow in a large scale, only for myself but it just pisses me off that for the past 3 years every time i've tried to grow i've been having a lot of problems with feeding the plants with correct nutrients at correct growth stages. and this npk thing has really started to confuse me alot lately. I've previously managed to grow some beautiful and tasty bud, and had ok Yields in coco but lately I've been starting to question myself and my knowledge alot after wasting thousands of Euros on stuff (nutes media pots, you name it) and had 0, and i repeat 0 success..
so I've decided to come here to ask for your help, i can only get my hands on products that can be bought online inside the EU, and I'd rather not spend too much money on nutrients that work.
I'd be super thankful if some of you more experienced guys could push me into right direction, I have two differents kinds of setups i could use for growing, a NFT GT100 hydro with a watercooler or to grow in coco+ perlite mix.
allso it would be very helpful if someone showed me a feed chart that works 100% i've read the fatman nute guide, but honestly i can't understand anything that hes saying.. :'D

thanks alot everyone.
If you are having that much difficulties why not grow organic in soil. Can't overfeed taste and quallity is much better (ooh do I miss my organic weed) no need for ph and ec meters. Just grow, Bloom and pk that's all you need.

Nft is one of the harder hydrophonic systems to master and the main benefit is that is is cheap on water. But water is cheap so who cares. Not was created for horticulture in space.

Northdank67

Northdank67

If you are having that much difficulties why not grow organic in soil. Can't overfeed taste and quallity is much better (ooh do I miss my organic weed) no need for ph and ec meters. Just grow, Bloom and pk that's all you need.

Nft is one of the harder hydrophonic systems to master and the main benefit is that is is cheap on water. But water is cheap so who cares. Not was created for horticulture in space.
yeah that seems like a good plan, but i have previously grown in soil too and it worked out ok, got like a g/w result and some ehh decent smoke (there was other issues like overwatering so i decided to back to hydro, speaking of hydro it seems like i've been able to fix all the problems just had to tinker around a bit, main issue was rising ph bc i was using citric acid as ph down and it just kept rising... plants seem healthy and all the previus seem to be fixed after i found some help and used my brain to figure out the ec/ppm conversion and the correct ratio to mix my nutes to get the fatman's nutrient recipe right haha, anyway now that i finally understand how to mix the ratios if anyone has a better recipe with ppm/ec targets for each primary nutrient feel free to share it and i'll try it out in the future! thanks for all the help guys i just have to add that i was very confused about NPK for a while since it's been a few years since my last grow, and my previous succesfull grow.. i'll post the results when im finished. might even make a thread in the case someone wants to follow it, currently im in 70%coco30%perlite mix 1gal pots and dripfeed. i'd say week 1 of actual veg since i fucked up the seedling/early veg so badly with my dumb mistakes and poor understanding of what i was trying to achieve.

PooToe

PooToe

yeah that seems like a good plan, but i have previously grown in soil too and it worked out ok, got like a g/w result and some ehh decent smoke (there was other issues like overwatering so i decided to back to hydro, speaking of hydro it seems like i've been able to fix all the problems just had to tinker around a bit, main issue was rising ph bc i was using citric acid as ph down and it just kept rising... plants seem healthy and all the previus seem to be fixed after i found some help and used my brain to figure out the ec/ppm conversion and the correct ratio to mix my nutes to get the fatman's nutrient recipe right haha, anyway now that i finally understand how to mix the ratios if anyone has a better recipe with ppm/ec targets for each primary nutrient feel free to share it and i'll try it out in the future! thanks for all the help guys i just have to add that i was very confused about NPK for a while since it's been a few years since my last grow, and my previous succesfull grow.. i'll post the results when im finished. might even make a thread in the case someone wants to follow it, currently im in 70%coco30%perlite mix 1gal pots and dripfeed. i'd say week 1 of actual veg since i fucked up the seedling/early veg so badly with my dumb mistakes and poor understanding of what i was trying to achieve.
I don't understand why it's so hard to figure out how to water weed. I use the light pot method in dirt and it works beautifully for me.

I'll put my vote in for dirt also. Easiest method to run and when shit starts going deficient in other media soil has my back. Coco is great for growth but a pain in the ass when it comes to deficiencies. Coco doesn't hold magnesium well so that always seems to be an issue when you're in coco.

Organic is fine if you don't want to deal with mixing up nutes. I like to go synthetic as it's easier to steer my plant if I need to along with being able to switch up nute ratios depending on the stage of growth. In water only amended soils you can't really do that.

I run General Hydroponics products in my grows but I also don't run any boosters or anything as I've found almost all of them to be snake oil. Everything I need is in my base nutes and cal/mag. Armor Si through veg and stretch, Mycorrhizae on transplant and Voodoo Juice for bacteria the first couple weeks of seedling/clone.

Northdank67

Northdank67

I don't understand why it's so hard to figure out how to water weed. I use the light pot method in dirt and it works beautifully for me.

I'll put my vote in for dirt also. Easiest method to run and when shit starts going deficient in other media soil has my back. Coco is great for growth but a pain in the ass when it comes to deficiencies. Coco doesn't hold magnesium well so that always seems to be an issue when you're in coco.

Organic is fine if you don't want to deal with mixing up nutes. I like to go synthetic as it's easier to steer my plant if I need to along with being able to switch up nute ratios depending on the stage of growth. In water only amended soils you can't really do that.

I run General Hydroponics products in my grows but I also don't run any boosters or anything as I've found almost all of them to be snake oil. Everything I need is in my base nutes and cal/mag. Armor Si through veg and stretch, Mycorrhizae on transplant and Voodoo Juice for bacteria the first couple weeks of seedling/clone.
I just find it difficult to keep the moisture level perfect bc i have a bit of a OCD haha, allso I just find it way easier to fix problems in coco. when I've grown in soil I had a few other issues too a) I really don't know very well when to supplement with bottle nutrients bc I've had no idea what's in the soil for real and b) it can take up to 7 days to see any real change in the plants if i've tried to fix some nutrient issues. that being said, I'd love to try out growing in soil fully organically (with biobizz bottle nutes) + mycorrizhae ofc and just use a blumat to feed my plants so they could just pretty much water themselves so I wouldn't worry that if I go out for a few days/week and have to ask a friend to water the plants they don't under/overwater the soil to shit. (the last example being the third problem I've had with soil.) allso I will admit I had forgot so much about the correct ppm of nutes for different growth stages and saturated my brain with bro science that it felt like I was completely lost for a while. (allso i've had every singe pest problem you can imagine in soil, found that the best fix was to just order some mesostigmata to fix those issues, I can HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS FIX FOR PEST ISSUES!

Northdank67

Northdank67

If someone can refer me to some academia about different nutrient ratios for cannabis cultivation or any plant cultivation I'd be very flattered because I can't seem to find any, maybe Im just too lazy to look for it properly but it feels like only thing google suggest me are thease forums, not that theres anything wrong with forums and discussing with people I honestly love it but I'd allso love some interesting reads before i go to sleep.

PooToe

PooToe

Most of General Hydroponics original formulas are based on this formula.

I don't grow organically because, IMO, there is no benefit other than how the nutrient was derived. At root level both organic and synthetic look the same to the plant.

Northdank67

Northdank67

Most of General Hydroponics original formulas are based on this formula.

I don't grow organically because, IMO, there is no benefit other than how the nutrient was derived. At root level both organic and synthetic look the same to the plant.
I've used that formula in the past and had OK result's with it in soil and in coco. (~g/w with 630w DE cmh scrogging in a 5x5) Totally agree with you on the organic vs "synthetic" but i've heard so many claims about better taste and riper plants that I just must see it for myself.

skyhighmontana

skyhighmontana

thanks alot everyone.
Dude advanced nutrients "bud labs" free app has there full line up with a weekly amount guide. Just swap out all the bud ignighter bullshit. Don't really need the voodoo crap either. Make sure your using something along the lines of "Mykos" in your soil. I prefer black and gold myself. Here is a big huge one for you. Don't fuck with the bud factor x, to expensive. Instead get your hands on some chitosan oligosaccharide instead and some brassinolide. Shit's all dirt cheap. Chitosan is immediate unlike the gradual release of factor x. Get it all off of Ebay. Need agricultural grade chitosan. Get you a little bottle of bud candy. Use it as a pre-load and shovel a ton of molasses behind it.
Brassinolide is a natural plant hormone in most flowering plants, it does crazy and beautiful things to cannabis plants when mixed with brassinolide. One key thing about brassinolide? It regenerates dead flower tissues.. those 2 chemicals right there can be used with any fertilizer game. And a guarentee to put a serious boost to your potency and a 2 to 4 ounce weight increase on your plant.
You may have different results if your using weak lighting. But you know the cool thing? You could get those same results growing in a inclosed room. They started studies on this stuff to combat low co2 atmosphere's.. no recycling or minimal of air exchange. I use 4000w LEDs myself. I've also seen all this stuff first hand under 1000w hps as well. You should look into what I'm tossing at you because it's truly game changing. You will not find alot of info on this stuff because I'm pretty sure the fertilizer companies don't want the info out. I got banned from a big site for even mentioning it.. you could spend under 20 bucks for enough chitosan to cycle a group of plants through. You can get brassinolide, 10 grams- a dose is a tenth of a gram. Is only 18 bucks or so. They got a place called powergrown.com where you can get the brassinolide. Guy does PayPal. I hope you use and enjoy this information. You know there's those who grow with bud factor x and then there's those who don't.. you can tell the difference. That switching your fertilizer to produce more trycombs is booty. Still don't produce nearly the same level if a person was using x. There is only 3 known ways to cause the effect I'm talking about. Bud factor x is 1 and the way I talk of is another. The only other way is you got to be some type of friggin chemist or something. Basically what I'm telling you is that you plug those 2 powders into your grow with some decent ferts and some bud candy. 2.75 to3 grams per gallon. Do not variate under that on the chitosan.
You will be getting top shelf potency for dirt cheap. You could bare bones your other stuff. Make sure you use a good base. Sensi bloom a and B are good. Run you alittle silicon blast for stalk strengthener. Some b52 and nirvana and you will be all set.

20240229 140008
skyhighmontana

skyhighmontana

Dude advanced nutrients "bud labs" free app has there full line up with a weekly amount guide. Just swap out all the bud ignighter bullshit. Don't really need the voodoo crap either. Make sure your using something along the lines of "Mykos" in your soil. I prefer black and gold myself. Here is a big huge one for you. Don't fuck with the bud factor x, to expensive. Instead get your hands on some chitosan oligosaccharide instead and some brassinolide. Shit's all dirt cheap. Chitosan is immediate unlike the gradual release of factor x. Get it all off of Ebay. Need agricultural grade chitosan. Get you a little bottle of bud candy. Use it as a pre-load and shovel a ton of molasses behind it.
Brassinolide is a natural plant hormone in most flowering plants, it does crazy and beautiful things to cannabis plants when mixed with brassinolide. One key thing about brassinolide? It regenerates dead flower tissues.. those 2 chemicals right there can be used with any fertilizer game. And a guarentee to put a serious boost to your potency and a 2 to 4 ounce weight increase on your plant.
You may have different results if your using weak lighting. But you know the cool thing? You could get those same results growing in a inclosed room. They started studies on this stuff to combat low co2 atmosphere's.. no recycling or minimal of air exchange. I use 4000w LEDs myself. I've also seen all this stuff first hand under 1000w hps as well. You should look into what I'm tossing at you because it's truly game changing. You will not find alot of info on this stuff because I'm pretty sure the fertilizer companies don't want the info out. I got banned from a big site for even mentioning it.. you could spend under 20 bucks for enough chitosan to cycle a group of plants through. You can get brassinolide, 10 grams- a dose is a tenth of a gram. Is only 18 bucks or so. They got a place called powergrown.com where you can get the brassinolide. Guy does PayPal. I hope you use and enjoy this information. You know there's those who grow with bud factor x and then there's those who don't.. you can tell the difference. That switching your fertilizer to produce more trycombs is booty. Still don't produce nearly the same level if a person was using x. There is only 3 known ways to cause the effect I'm talking about. Bud factor x is 1 and the way I talk of is another. The only other way is you got to be some type of friggin chemist or something. Basically what I'm telling you is that you plug those 2 powders into your grow with some decent ferts and some bud candy. 2.75 to3 grams per gallon. Do not variate under that on the chitosan.
You will be getting top shelf potency for dirt cheap. You could bare bones your other stuff. Make sure you use a good base. Sensi bloom a and B are good. Run you alittle silicon blast for stalk strengthener. Some b52 and nirvana and you will be all set.

Top Bottom