What is happening to my plants?

• Thread starter BakedMarley
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BakedMarley

Hi guys, I'm a new grower and till my autoflower entered the flowering stage everything was fine. But since then the fresh leaves got yellow at the tips and it kinda progresses further. What do you guys think is the problem?

What is happening to my plants
What is happening to my plants 2
What is happening to my plants 3
PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

Grow days to harvest?
Grow medium?
Nutes?
Lighting?
Water/fetigation schedule?

Being an auto it might just be normal fade. All plants will use the stored nutrients in leaves as it finishes its life cycle.

B

BakedMarley

Grow days to harvest?
Grow medium?
Nutes?
Lighting?
Water/fetigation schedule?

Being an auto it might just be normal fade. All plants will use the stored nutrients in leaves as it finishes its life cycle.
-The plant is 5 weeks old. From seed to harvest should be around 10-12 weeks.
- I'm not sure if the soil is like a light mix or all mix. Maybe somewhere in between.
- I watered the plants with a bit of a 5 in 1 biological nute mix. But not much, I'm afraid of giving them too much nutes.
- the light is a 300w led dimmed at 50%. It was hanging around 30-40 cm above the canopy. I hang it a bit higher to 50-60 cm, cause I thought it might be light stress. ( But in veg everything was fine with 30-40cm)
Light schedule is 18/6
- I am watering the plant every 3-4 days with 2 liters, when the pot feels lighter.

Beachbumm

Beachbumm

Hi guys, I'm a new grower and till my autoflower entered the flowering stage everything was fine. But since then the fresh leaves got yellow at the tips and it kinda progresses further. What do you guys think is the problem?

B

BakedMarley

-The plant is 5 weeks old. From seed to harvest should be around 10-12 weeks.
- I'm not sure if the soil is like a light mix or all mix. Maybe somewhere in between.
- I watered the plants with a bit of a 5 in 1 biological nute mix. But not much, I'm afraid of giving them too much nutes.
- the light is a 300w led dimmed at 50%. It was hanging around 30-40 cm above the canopy. I hang it a bit higher to 50-60 cm, cause I thought it might be light stress. ( But in veg everything was fine with 30-40cm)
Light schedule is 18/6
- I am watering the plant every 3-4 days with 2 liters, when the pot feels lighter.
Edit the fertilizer is 4.5 0.5 5.5
But like I said, I didn't use much

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
It reminds me of zinc deficiency, which can occur in alkaline soil or soil that's too acidic. So, it would help to test either the runoff pH or do a slurry test for the pH of the soil.

Didn't test, when I want to test it, should I use only pH adjusted water or water with nutes?
Good question. I'd say to start with water without nutrients to see where that leads us.

Beachbumm

Beachbumm

Didn't test, when I want to test it, should I use only pH adjusted water or water with nutes?

If you're in regular soil your pH should always be adjusted regardless if it's water or nutrients.

This site might help too

Last edited:
Stokes

Stokes

I think its a phosphorus issue mainly, a secondary potassium issue. Look to be about week 2 flower, that phosphorus in your nutrients isnt nearly enough, same for potassium but not as bad

Dont see it being a lighting issue, several shades of green, the darker ones will continue to get darker and the yellow will continue to yellow. Not the best time to be conservative with nutes, its when your plant needs them the most. If you do it will be a long flowering period

Last edited:
Stokes

Stokes

If youre organic get you some seabird guano and some sulfate of potash. Molasses will give some potassium, also a solid amount of calmag. With the potassium in your nutrients and molasses you should be solid. Liquid nutes would probably be the option here.

Last edited:
B

BakedMarley

I think its a phosphorus issue mainly, a secondary potassium issue. Look to be about week 2 flower, that phosphorus in your nutrients isnt nearly enough, same for potassium but not as bad

Dont see it being a lighting issue, several shades of green, the darker ones will continue to get darker and the yellow will continue to yellow. Not the best time to be conservative with nutes, its when your plant needs them the most. If you do it will be a long flowering period
Thank you guys.
To sum it up:
More nutes in general especially regarding phosphorus, magnesium and a bit of potassium.
Is that right?
And regarding the lighting, I put the lamp a bit higher above the canopy(50-60cm).
Is the intensity with a 300 watt led at 50% right?

Beachbumm

Beachbumm

Measured the runoff. It is about 5.9ph and only about 200ppm. Was feeding 800ppm
Flowering plants require more nutrients than in the vegetative state, I would start feeding around 600 PPM & slowly increase

Recommend using the Epson salt spray recipe in the first link I sent, spray just before lights out

The runoff is a little low, possibly causing the lockout.

Also look into dolomite, it raises and balances soil pH, makes life easier

Last edited:
cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Light stress causes that deficiency, because it is closely linked to photosynthesis. Less is more with most good lights

Top Bottom