White Urkle in Coco, CO2, Dual-Arc, 2nd Grow Log!

• Thread starter nMEEKS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kushluvr

kushluvr

oh yeah baby.....trich city on its way..........btw meeks.......you def are turning that thumb greener and greener each round i see.....everyone has there mistakes...its how you bounce back, that makes your thumb NEON!

so wifi......urkle......master kush.....whats next? curious? or you gonna play with these 3 for a bit!

keep up the stellar work brotha!

Kush

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
oh yeah baby.....trich city on its way..........btw meeks.......you def are turning that thumb greener and greener each round i see.....everyone has there mistakes...its how you bounce back, that makes your thumb NEON!

so wifi......urkle......master kush.....whats next? curious? or you gonna play with these 3 for a bit!

keep up the stellar work brotha!

Kush

Trichs are developing full blast right now, no towers yet, but everything is getting that early powder coating, and the buds have already begun to swell!!

I learn a ton every round, I think the biggest skill that will take me a while to get perfectly honed is just being able to properly read my plants, and then react fast enough to keep them happy.

I haven't 100% made up my mind on what genetics will replace the White Urkle yet, right now I am leaning towards the WiFi round 2, but who knows! My plan at the moment is to stick with these 3 strains and get my routine down pat and learn to master each of the three! I have a ton of other OGR beans in the vault though, so I could get ambitious and try out something new, but I need to get my keepers selected so I can trash the other clones and get my plant count lower before I start more seeds.

Thanks for the support and for checking back a few pages on the forums to find this log!

I learned something very cool in my Fruit Science class today, I learned that besides Avocados, all fruit stop developing new cells shortly after the fruit is formed. There is a growth curve that starts off slow, then becomes rapid, and then plateaus during maturation. I learned that new cells are only created in the fruit during the slow early period (AKA before the plants really start boosting in weeks 3-6). So my last grow with the WiFi got a stressful early period, which lead to fewer cells being created, which prevented my buds from swelling as large during weeks 3-6. It may not be obvious when they are small cells, but once they begin to swell, having fewer cells to swell up means smaller overall buds. All this translates to: Flowering week 1-3 is the most crucial period to prevent stress for overall yield to be the highest.

-Meeks

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
A couple quick pics I snapped off a few days ago at this point, They have swollen and frosted up noticeably since these were taken, but it shows a little bit of their size. They aren't done stretching yet, but have finally slowed down for real this time (I hope). The plant in the back left grew over 2 feet in the last 19 days, and they started off being tied down with the tops no more than 8" above the media.

IMG_02923.jpg

IMG_02981.jpg

IMG_02992.jpg

The smells have really begun to show themselves on each phenotype. With the WiFi, every plant had an over powering kush smell, with some stronger than others, but all very very similar. With these new White Urkle, each plant has a very unique smell that would not be confused with any other, and I would bet money on a blind smell test for identifying each of my plants at this point. I have to go back and refresh myself on which plant I have letter which, but I can describe the smells based on position in the group picture.

The back right plant has a strong grape cough syrup smell, very candy-like with a hint of an astringent in the background. The plant in the back left is straight lavender, with the classic purple taste being noticeable as you breathe deep from the bud. The front right plant is perfectly described by a candy called Hi-Chew, and if you have ever had their mango flavor, you have tasted exactly how this plant smells, a nice mango candy scent with just a tiny hint of grape and citrus in the background. The front left plant is really a treat, it smells like you have a fresh orange peel held up to your nose and you just exhaled a bowl of lavender at the same time, with the orange slightly overpowering the lavender! If you can't tell, I am really loving all these smells and can hands down say that I have never been happier with the health of my plants and the genetics inside them :banana:!!

-Meeks:animbong:

kushluvr

kushluvr

those sound yummy meeks......man i wish i could taste that now!!!! i dont think anyone up here has those flavors of OGR.....maybe u can mail me a cut or we can swap a bean or two, hahaha! this run is looking spot on so far keep it up dude! i threw up some pics of my whites and bubba's getting water n molasses...did ya c it? in my sig i think?

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
those sound yummy meeks......man i wish i could taste that now!!!! i dont think anyone up here has those flavors of OGR.....maybe u can mail me a cut or we can swap a bean or two, hahaha! this run is looking spot on so far keep it up dude! i threw up some pics of my whites and bubba's getting water n molasses...did ya c it? in my sig i think?

I wish I could taste it now too, this is going to be a fun, but long 6 weeks before harvest! The smells I described were not underwhelming. I don't like fishing for hints of smells and then saying the weed reeks like that flavor. I am being completely honest when I describe each of those smells as VERY prominent when you rub a leaf! I hope that the mango keeps its tropical fruit smell all the way to my bowl! Thanks for the kind words, and I am sure Seattle has its own magical flavors to easily compete with what we have down here (personal experience finding those amazing treasures)!

-Meeks

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
arent you tired bro...

theyre all hoarding it!!! hahaha!

No doubt they are all hoarding it, I know a few hoarders of genetics and dried flowers up there for sure! Sleep is dearly missed, but exhaustion can't get in the way of the day to day.

-Meeks

K

kes5480

nMEEKS, looking good bro!!:party0044: Im lovin those white urkles man! Your doing a kick-ass job on this grow my friend which is expected from a grower as urself. ;)
Keep it up and keep us posted.
peace
KeS

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
nMEEKS, looking good bro!!:party0044: Im lovin those white urkles man! Your doing a kick-ass job on this grow my friend which is expected from a grower as urself. ;)
Keep it up and keep us posted.
peace
KeS

Thanks Kes! I have a hard time working in there right now, I just end up stopping and starring at their beauty and then spend even more time just smelling them! I think my favorite picture to date has to be the first picture in my recent picture update to the WiFi thread. It has the WiFi up front the morning of harvest, and it has the White Urkles in back, and you can tell they are way more massive and healthy than the WiFi, but still just beginning to show their stuff! The picture actually came out so high quality that I had to reduce my resizing settings even more than normal to put it up on The Farm because the original file was like 9Mb! It is going to be my desktop background for a while I think! I will update as frequently as I can, things are getting bigger daily so I always feel the need to be taking pictures but never have the time. . .

-Meeks

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Hello Farmers! It has only been 5 days since the last time I uploaded photos, but those pics were a few days old when I finally got them online, so here are some shots about a week later than the ones I put up last. They have been under 12/12 for about 3.5 weeks now, and they are FINALLY done stretching, and starting to pack on the frost and the weight! One of the phenos is even frostier than my WiFi was! The smell are changing daily, the one that was super lavender is now being over taken by lemons, and the one that was super mango is kind of a vanilla cream at this point. . . I have no idea what they will be like when they are done, but I hope that they turn out like Willy Wonka's 3-course meal gum, with Lavender smell to the bud, lemon on the inhale, and then vanilla cream on the exhaul!! Haha, as long as I don't turn into vanilla cream after I smoke it (or maybe that would be a good thing?). Anyways, sorry I cannot provide pictures in smellivision, I think Emeril is still working on that. I hope you can imagine the aromas and enjoy the photos as much as possible!

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_03422.jpg

IMG_03433.jpg

IMG_03444.jpg

IMG_03463.jpg

More updates to come as these buds start to swell rapidly over the next few weeks! Thanks for stopping in and checking things out!

-Meeks :bong2:

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Looking great brother... was wondering what your watering schedule and feeding schedule is like with coco?

Really great grow brother!

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Looking great brother... was wondering what your watering schedule and feeding schedule is like with coco?

Really great grow brother!

That's a great question G-Al, with a complicated answer that may not be very helpful. I have been avoiding posting my feeding and watering schedule on these first few grows from seeds because the plants are variable with different phenotypes and sometimes receive individualized waterings or feedings based on what I am seeing them do. For this reason I don't really advise anyone trying to copy my feeding plan too closely because I have not proven it's success through an entire grow yet.

So far the White Urkle have been drinking a lot more than the WiFi ever did. The WiFi would be content with water/fert. every 5-6 days when it first went into flower, up until around week 5 when it started drinking enough to be watered every 4 days on average. Then by the end I was feeding every 3 days just to keep thing moving through the media and because that was the time I had to deal with watering.

The White Urkle like I said has been drinking considerably more than that. I have to water every other day, the same amount I was watering every 5 days for the WiFi. I think part the of the problem with the WiFi was the cold temps early on, so every other day might become my normal routine. I water until I get 15% runoff, which is usually around 12-14 gallons total for the 4x 7gal Root pots.

I feed almost every watering, but I usually feed 50% every other time. This is because after filling my 20 gal res with nutrient solution, I water 12-14 gallons and then have 6-8 gallons left in the res. 2 days later I fill the res back up with RO to around 15-16 gallons and then re-adjust pH and water with 50% strength of what I did on the previous watering. Usually I have 2-3 gallons left in the bottom of the res that I dump after this second watering. Then I repeat the process again 2 days later starting with an empty clean res.

Now the part that you won't really be able to copy, and will have to figure out yourself: What is a good ppm to start with for the first more concentrated watering? I have found that House & Garden is absolutely crazy with their instructions for fertilizers! I am now down to using their base at 50% recommended strength for my more concentrated watering! I also took their Roots excel down to 50% along with Bud XL down to 50%. All these products have a ton of nitrogen in them and my leaves were clearly over dosing on the N. I am experiencing a slight Fe deficiency now in just one of my plants, but all the rest are a very lush (almost too lush) green and they are receiving 50% what H&G recommends and then 25% 2 days later, then back up to 50%. . . and seem to be more than happy!

Anyways, that was a long answer, to a short but very good question. I hope you can get what you need from all that I just typed, and if not, please let me know what specifically I can help you with. Thanks for checking out the log!

-Meeks:animbong:

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Damn, that sure ain't simple... Looks good Meeks!

Haha, well I tried to be detailed. I could make it sound a little simpler like this: Fill 20 gal res with nutrient solution, water half the res, top off with RO, water again 2 days later, drain the res and start over.

Thanks for checking in on things Dz1PnK, I was just staring at your journal pics and wondering how the hell you got those White S1's to blow up so huge! Congrats on your harvest!

-Meeks

kushluvr

kushluvr

right on buddy boy! Fire on the way...looking frosty! i can only imagine the shuffle of feedings your having to do...doesnt sound to complicated though..i understand! your managing the ppms and def's much better this round so far too...did you use the MOAB this rd? most people that use that stuff usually have the same issue you had! same with Bloombastic....really intense stuff! i always advise other to go really ez with those products! anyhow....im always happy to see the lovely pics broham! great job so far keep it up....i love the attention to detail!

Kush:passingjoint::passingjoint:

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
right on buddy boy! Fire on the way...looking frosty! i can only imagine the shuffle of feedings your having to do...doesnt sound to complicated though..i understand! your managing the ppms and def's much better this round so far too...did you use the MOAB this rd? most people that use that stuff usually have the same issue you had! same with Bloombastic....really intense stuff! i always advise other to go really ez with those products! anyhow....im always happy to see the lovely pics broham! great job so far keep it up....i love the attention to detail!

Kush:passingjoint::passingjoint:

Yea, the feeding shuffle was really crazy when I still had the WiFi going too! It has settled down now with just the White Urkle and White Master Kush. Oh and my WiFi moms, my White Urkle moms, and my White Master Kush clones, plus my soil nasturtiums and pansy flowers. . . . LOL, things are nice and simple with the watering around here! I am about to start some peppers in soil any day now too, so that should be exciting.

I have not started the MOAB yet, I think that is still a couple weeks away. I plan on taking these girls to around 63 days, maybe just a couple days more or less based on where the weekend falls. I will heavily drop my base nutrients (even more than I have already) when I introduce MOAB.

The pics came out really nicely I think, I am glad you liked them! Thanks for the pic of your grow room earlier, I like the long row of lights, but I think I spoiled myself with all the space I have to work in this room, I will never feel comfortable being so close to the walls on all 4 sides with my plants again. That reflective insulation is cool stuff, I am considering putting it on the inside of my garage door to add insulation and a little sound proofing there, but that is just another project to add to the list.

-Meeks

kushluvr

kushluvr

Yea, the feeding shuffle was really crazy when I still had the WiFi going too! It has settled down now with just the White Urkle and White Master Kush. Oh and my WiFi moms, my White Urkle moms, and my White Master Kush clones, plus my soil nasturtiums and pansy flowers. . . . LOL, things are nice and simple with the watering around here! I am about to start some peppers in soil any day now too, so that should be exciting.

I have not started the MOAB yet, I think that is still a couple weeks away. I plan on taking these girls to around 63 days, maybe just a couple days more or less based on where the weekend falls. I will heavily drop my base nutrients (even more than I have already) when I introduce MOAB.

The pics came out really nicely I think, I am glad you liked them! Thanks for the pic of your grow room earlier, I like the long row of lights, but I think I spoiled myself with all the space I have to work in this room, I will never feel comfortable being so close to the walls on all 4 sides with my plants again. That reflective insulation is cool stuff, I am considering putting it on the inside of my garage door to add insulation and a little sound proofing there, but that is just another project to add to the list.

-Meeks

Cool...glad its under control now, it shows! again, super nice dude! on there way to perfection!

im thinking of tearing it down soon...making 2 10x10's veg/flower! maybe this summer or the next, IDK yet! i want more room! hahaha!

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Cool...glad its under control now, it shows! again, super nice dude! on there way to perfection!

im thinking of tearing it down soon...making 2 10x10's veg/flower! maybe this summer or the next, IDK yet! i want more room! hahaha!

Expansion is always good :afroweed:

Here are some shots I took of a couple ladies today. They are really filling out!

IMG_04563.jpg

IMG_04513.jpg

IMG_04491.jpg

More shots coming soon!

-Meeks :animbong:

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Thank you so much for you post brother... I will be running the OGR wifi and kings kush. Small run as I am a noob at this and failed big time with DWC... alot of noob mistakes. Thank you again and will be watching your thread intently.

kushluvr

kushluvr

looking bomb dude....i think you pretty much have it nailed almost, huh? how far are these gals? i can see the frost piling on!

Top Bottom