2kw Tent Grow

• Thread starter Pisces
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pisces

Pisces

First and Foremost, This is a Legal Med Grow for Me and My Patients!
Every single plant grown in this thread is allowed by my State & Personal Doc's Recommendation.

Secondly, I'd like to give a special thanks to Skitty who created this setup and style of growing and for taking the time to show a few of us just how simple & easy it can be to grow indoors with little to no effort.

So then let's get down to it Shall We!?!?

Reservoir, is a Brute trashcan that gets filled with with RO Daily.

Pump is a 1200gph Little Giant, and it is much too strong
so I have a ball valve inside the tank open halfway to release the pressure.

This also creates a mixing action in the Rez so that I don't have to manually mix my nutes anymore.

Mixing the nutes takes about 3 minutes, watering close to the same!

What used to literally take an hour, now only takes a few minutes, and saves my back

I water one table at a time,
controlled by a 2 line manifold with each line having it's own ball valve.

Each table has it's own hard line manifold circling the buckets,
with soft Black vinyl tubing going to each of the nine plants.

Rings are 6" in diameter, each with 7 holes drilled 1/8

I plug in the pump, turn on valve #1 for approx 1 minute as each table takes about a minute to water
I then close the Valve#1 and open Valve#2 for a minute

System is completely DTW with plumbing running through the floor and eventually outside.

System is made with various home depot and hydro store fittings
1/2" black vinyl tubing, 3/4" black & clear vinyl tubing, and 1/2" semi-rigid irrigation tube.

Buckets are; 8" Mesh Bottom Pots (HG8MESHPOT)
without the holes on the sides.
This is very important as you don't want your medium to spill out

~Medium~
Root Riots (clones)
Grodan 4" x 4" x 4" Cubes
Grodan 1/2 Rockwool Grow Cubes (Croutons)

~Nutes~

*Pro-Tekt Silica
*Magical
* GH Micro & Bloom

No additional additives or boosters Needed!

Nutes mixed fresh every morning.
Entire reservoir used, then refilled with RO overnight.
Buckets get fed every day, appx 1 gallon of solution per pot, providing ample runoff, to waste.

* Microbelift bti @ 1.1ml per gal.*
(every other day to keep fungus gnats away)

* ~Mycostop~ *
~(every two weeks)~
Mycostop drench every two weeks, starting from rooted clones until week eight of flower.
Ratio; 1 grams... per 10 gallons of nutes

~Key Highlights of Mycostop~
Control or suppression of many root rot and wilt pathogenic fungi. Pythium, Fusarium, Alteraria, Phomopsis, Phizoctonia, Phytophthora, Botrytis. Plants often respond with increased vigor and yield, like a vitamin boost.​
  • Safe to apply.​
  • Organic!​
  • Non-phytotoxic.​
  • Use on all crops such as vegetables, herbs, ornamentals.​
  • Easy application by drench or through hydroponic delivery.​
  • Small packets store for 1 year when frozen.​
  • EPA registered since 1994.​
  • Increasingly used by large and small growers.​
  • Great for Hydroponics!​

When applied as a drench or spray the dried spores and mycelium of the Streptomyces culture in Mycostop germinate and begin to grow on and around the plant roots. In doing so, they create a biological defense against root infecting pathogenic fungi which cause disease such as wilt and root rot. Mycostop is used by growers for disease caused by Pythium, Fusarium, Rhizoctonia, Alternaria, Phomopsis, and to a lesser extent for Botrytis and Phytophtora. Mycostop has particularly good activity against Fusarium.

Mycostop is increasingly used as a seed treatment for Pythium, Fusarium, and other seedling pathogens.

Mycostop has been shown to increase plant vigor and yields even in the absense of obvious root pathogen activity. The explanation is that the Streptomyces produce plant root stimulating hormones (which has been demonstrated in the lab) or the Streptomyces contro minor root pathogens which slowly feed on and damage roots.

~Grow Room Specs~

S.J. DR300W Tent
8" Raptor Hoods
SolisTek Matrix Ballasts
Ushio Bulbs (Veg)
Eye Hortilux (Bloom)
Botanicare 7" tall White 4' x 4' tables
Two layers of trellis netting

Clones taken from moms when big room is at 6-7 weeks of flower.
By the time clones are rooted, the big room is cleaned/empty and babies transplanted.

Small clones go right under the big lights and spend very minimal time under T5's

I also take at least twice as many clones as I am going to need and pick and choose the healthiest and most robust.

This greatly helps with crop vigor and yield.

Pics coming soon!

Pisces

Pisces

So before we did anything in this room, we switched from 110v to 220v. :)

we then placed the tent frame where it was going to live so that way we could get a feel for where everything was going to go.

Next we lined up the tables so we could get the measurements for the plumbing that needed to be installed.

After everything was measured twice, and marked we then layer pond liner down to protect the floors from any potential spills etc..

Once liner was down, we hung the support beams for the 8" Raptor Hoods. Again, this couldn't be done right unless we set up the tent frame first.

220v 1
Runoff dtw1
Runoff dtw2
Runoff dtw3
Pond Liner
Ceiling support for hoods
Pisces

Pisces

Once tent was set up, the carbon Filter & Raptors went in.

The scrubber is on one side of the tent while the intake fan is on the other.
That way all the cool air blows over the plants before being scrubbed

Hood1
Hood2

Pisces

Pisces

Irrigation….

Line comes from pump and goes to first manifold.
Once ball valve is open, it fills the second manifold that circles the pots on the table and waters all nine plants at the same time. Again, each 8" pot gets at least 1 gallon of nutes everyday with ample runoff.

Irrigation3
Irrigation4
Irrigation5
Irrigation6

Pisces

Pisces

Here's the drip rings that we use with this set up…

I guess the guy who makes them started selling them as H2ORings.

They are by far the best rings I have ever used.

Super easy to clean and they Never Clog!​

Dr1
Dr2
Dr3

Dr4
Last edited:
Pisces

Pisces

Now I'll explain how I built the trellis….

First, I cut wooden dowels down to size, then I drilled small holes on the end of each side of the dowels so I can screw in eye hooks without the dowels splitting.
This is important!

Next, I took trellis netting and taped the ends of them to the dowels so there was a nice and tight fit.
Then I literally taped the entire trellis to the dowels keeping it nice and tight the entire time.
This is also important as you don't want your trellis sagging or fitting too loosely!

Once done taping, I took zip ties and tied the dowels to the poles of the tent so they can slide up and down easily as needed. The trellis also keeps the walls of the tents from sucking in from the negative pressure in the tents leaving more room for plants to grow.

As you can probably tell, we do not rotate plants at all as there is no need to.
SB Day3 1
Sb day3 2
Trellis construction 1
Tent Trellis3

Last edited:
Pisces

Pisces

Here are some seedlings I started in kegger cups using croutons as my medium.
Again, watered once a day, top fed to DTW…

SFV Og x Tres Sister (Barefoot)

So dialed that mutants sprout out of nowhere :)

Two out of three were females!
Seed4
Seed5
Seed6
Seed8
Seed10
Seed11

RIVAL79

RIVAL79

Funk Master!
Supporter
Yo Picses! Things r looking really clean. I deff like the looks of the SFV x Tres Dawg. R those Flower pics of the girls u found from them seeds?

ElManiaco

ElManiaco

Nice! I'm jealous! I'll b checking this out so if ya don't mind, I got a front seat;)

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Super nice and clean. I run a very similar style. Not sure if that is a recent pic but the pic with your hand and leaf looks like there might be a couple of spider mites feasting underneath. Seedlings started in croutons for the win. I get way faster growth this way.

Nice thread start Pisces!

Pisces

Pisces

….looks like there might be a couple of spider mites feasting underneath

I literally haven't had a bug in my garden in almost two years strong bro…and even then it was just fungus gnats.

Ghost, wuddup homeskillet?
yup, tent is 5x10 and yep, 2kw. ..pullin an average of 2+++ per light with this set up.

I only need to veg for three weeks, so I actually get many more harvest annually.

Leaf1
Leaf2

Latest posts

Top Bottom