My Rosin Thread

• Thread starter Theapprentice
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Theapprentice

Theapprentice

Greetings farmers! I have been practicing my rosin craft a great deal lately. I notice there are many interested in this artform. I would like to share as much information as possible.
Cheers

My rosin thread
My rosin thread 2
M

Mr SG

nice love to lean more about roisn. what temp and pressures do you use for hash. what do you think is the best starting material hash dry sift or uncured flower. did you build your own machine what the max pressure it can press?

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
IMG 20160210 224334
IMG 20160129 201358
IMG 20160129 185142

I'm just using a hair straightener and a trigger clamp.
I turn the hair straightener on low and as soon as it heats up (it stops flashing) I start squeezing with the trigger clamp. I turn the hair straightener off as soon as i get the clamp tight.And continue the squeeze for 45 seconds. Easy...

Theapprentice

Theapprentice

Yea the hair straightener is pretty ghetto. Get yourself something digital so you can reproduce your results in a scientific manner. Yes I built the machine. We start at 180f for 20 sec , then 200 for 20 sec the. 225 for 20 seconds. The press is a 20 ton

M

Mr SG

Yea the hair straightener is pretty ghetto. Get yourself something digital so you can reproduce your results in a scientific manner. Yes I built the machine. We start at 180f for 20 sec , then 200 for 20 sec the. 225 for 20 seconds. The press is a 20 ton
nice thanks. what size micron screens/bags work best for hash. where did you fine the parts to build the machine. how much it cost to make.

Theapprentice

Theapprentice

I like running 90 micron for lower grade hash and flower and 35 micron for good hash. we have a team who builds the plates and such. We sell the complete unit (press, plates and temp control) for $1500. I throw in a few assorted micron bags , a shirt and stickers with each purchase.

Michal

Michal

Three separate pressings or one continuous press at rising temperature?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

My wax guy uses one of theae, but had a shop weld a top plate on top for added structural support. He sheared the original bolts off after about 10 runs.

Michal

Michal

Not gonna do all the work for you

My mistake. For some reason I thought you could answer a simple question on your technique.

But I can see this is proprietary information that cost you much personal loss to acquire. What was I thinking.

This thread is bumpin', I'll bow put and let the dozens of other posters fawning in admiration say a few words of kudos to such an esteemed gentleman.

"I'll share as much info as possible."

Do they let you push the button? Or just sweep the floor?

Last edited:
SpiderK

SpiderK

u can pick up those presses for dirt cheap in the midwest ( from a machine shop ). with manufacturing very slow and technology advancing many older presses just collecting dust.

i think my buddy has five or six of them just sitting in a corner.

if your gonna build one from scratch, check out some manufacturing sites selling used stuff or call around. chicago, gary indy, michigan .....

Top Bottom