Testing 1,2,3

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Today is day 5 since 26 beanz went into germination mode. To date 8 have popped. I am using a heated mat to keep the temps are 76 Deg F and am getting concerned at this point why I am not seeing more above ground activity. I typically see sprouts within 48 hrs using this method. With 100% success typically.

I am not sure why they arent moving faster as the beans were big and fat and very healthy looking. But I havent given up hope on the remainder. I hope to see more in the next few days. :)

I will keep an eye out and will post once I get a final germination count.

mancdank

mancdank

Today is day 5 since 26 beanz went into germination mode. To date 8 have popped. I am using a heated mat to keep the temps are 76 Deg F and am getting concerned at this point why I am not seeing more above ground activity. I typically see sprouts within 48 hrs using this method. With 100% success typically.

I am not sure why they arent moving faster as the beans were big and fat and very healthy looking. But I havent given up hope on the remainder. I hope to see more in the next few days. :)

I will keep an eye out and will post once I get a final germination count.
Did u pre soak until they break or have u just put them straight into a medium ?

mancdank

mancdank

I did a 24 hour soak, then into medium. Like I said I get typically 100% using this method. And the heater mat with 76 D seems to work real well. So I am a tad baffled at this point. :(
I used to use the same method but now I just keep em in the glass until then suckered pop if this takes longer than 2 days I change the water maybe speak with the breeder and find out about the germ times and if any of these have needed a little scuff to get em going some of these suckers have real hard shells

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I used to use the same method but now I just keep em in the glass until then suckered pop if this takes longer than 2 days I change the water maybe speak with the breeder and find out about the germ times and if any of these have needed a little scuff to get em going some of these suckers have real hard shells
Hopefully we will hear from DG in the next couple of dayz. @DigitalGenetics

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
It's that weak t5 fixture You gotta squeeze like 32 bulbs in that there tent :cool:.

You can fit 2 of these in there (47 x 24.5 x 3 inches) 160k lumens total.
https://www.amazon.com/T5-Grow-Light-Fluorescent-Hydroponic/dp/B00SC6XMN6

Get on it chief!!
Ahhh grasshoppa, hasnt the Master taught you anything yet? LOL When germinating it isnt about lux, lumens or PAR/PPFD ..........it is about temperature and moisture!!! It isnt until they break dirt that light becomes a factor. They are roasting at a comfy 76 deg like chestnuts by an open fire.

Seeds after a winter in the forest scruff work their way down into the soil and forest detritus and are perfectly happy in the dark.. So I am not sure I understand your comment. Or are you just attempting to get me in trouble with the boss lady spending more $$$$ on my op. :( She really believes departing me from my hard earned cash is her sole responsibility. :cry: And she does a damn good job I might add!!!

PS when taking your link this is what the site says, remember the devil is in the details slacker!!!!! :p

Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

Last edited:
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey Farmers, been a few since last post. To preface if anyone else runs any of these genetics I would recommend doing a light surface scuff of the seed shell as these beans are very fat and healthy and I reckon this will help.

Or as the breeder recommends allow to soak for a tad longer before they are put to grow medium.

My final tallies are as follows,

" The WiFi Connection" 7 out of 13

" SnowBerry Blue" 8 out of 13

Other than soaking longer or scuffing I am not sure what to attribute this poor rate to as I typically get a 100% rate. Not hating by any means I am just scratching my head on this one. The remaining seeds just sort of disintegrated upon trying to handle them at all.

I will post up some veg pics once I get them upotted to larger shoes.

At the end of the day, I appreciate the opportunity to check out this gene pool and look forward to the rest of the run right up to a smoke report!!!!

Top Bottom