Fire Og Help!!

• Thread starter ranger2992
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

ranger2992

Hello All,

I am posting because I am truly in need of some expertise. I am 6 weeks into flower on a batch of Fire OG and half of them have gone whacky on me. I have a total of 20 of these in flower, on two separate trays. One tray is doing great and the other ones are messed up (see pics).

Both trays of these plants took off right away when I put them in flower. At day 10, I was amazed how many little flowers I had. They were about an inch apart, and covered a good eight to twelve inches of each main branch. I separated the two trays by height so I could maintain a good light distance. One batch was between 3-5 feet tall, and the other was all three footers. The tall plants continued to take off, but the shorter ones just stopped.

I use the GH Flora series recirculating. I have, and use all the additives except the Dry Cool Bloom. My feeding schedule is twice a day, and by the basic chart. My reservoir is 25 gallons, and I change it out every week I grow in rockwool.

My questions are:

1. What does the mutation in the pictures indicate. One of the books I have shows nitrogen toxicity and the pictures look similar.

2. Can I save these plants?

3. If I can't save them would they be ok for edibles?

4. Does anybody have a grow log for Fire OG?

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Joe

Fire og help
Fire og help 2
Fire og help 3
Fire og help 4
Fire og help 5
R

ranger2992

Tonight I did a complete flush. Before I did I checked the PPM of the res, which was 1750. PH was 6.1. I flushed and made up a new batch using GH chart for week 6 of flower. I made it at 3/4 strength (900 ppm). I also set the PH to 5.5.

Brandon7861

Brandon7861

Hello All,

I am posting because I am truly in need of some expertise. I am 6 weeks into flower on a batch of Fire OG and half of them have gone whacky on me. I have a total of 20 of these in flower, on two separate trays. One tray is doing great and the other ones are messed up (see pics).

Both trays of these plants took off right away when I put them in flower. At day 10, I was amazed how many little flowers I had. They were about an inch apart, and covered a good eight to twelve inches of each main branch. I separated the two trays by height so I could maintain a good light distance. One batch was between 3-5 feet tall, and the other was all three footers. The tall plants continued to take off, but the shorter ones just stopped.

I use the GH Flora series recirculating. I have, and use all the additives except the Dry Cool Bloom. My feeding schedule is twice a day, and by the basic chart. My reservoir is 25 gallons, and I change it out every week I grow in rockwool.

My questions are:

1. What does the mutation in the pictures indicate. One of the books I have shows nitrogen toxicity and the pictures look similar.

Joe
Maybe its a hemp plant

R

ranger2992

Thanks for the comments. I guess we will see what shakes out over the next few days. If I can't save them do you think they can be used as an edible, or is it just best to get rid of them? It's a shame because in the beginning these looked like they were going to yield the mother lode.

Btw I don't think it's mites. I have knocked them down to nothing with predator mites.

Thanks again,

Joe

R

ranger2992

Looks like reveg to me. Check your timers.

If it's reveg can the plant come back from it?

I went out of time for a few days and on the last night I was gone the timer failed to shut my lights off. The plants ended up getting 20 hrs. It's odd it would only get this one tray though?

G gnome

G gnome

Hello All,

My questions are:

Joe

Looks like a type of mite issue don't they give the leaves that appearance.
Bzzzz nope!

I was thinking maybe those first pics look like nitrogen toxicity
Bzzzzzzz!!!! Nope!
Could it be trying to reveg? Maybe overfed with nitrogen and interrupted light schedule
Ding!!!!

@ranger2992
Ur plants r def revegging. I cant say why its one tray and not the other. I wud advice u to check for light leaks. Even tho u sound like u got it figured out w the timer issue i wud dbl check for light leaks......ime plants in a certain part of a rm that starts to reveg when others do not is because theres light beaming in to only a certain portion of ur rm. I wudnt be surprised that in addition to a timer failure u also have a light leak

R

ranger2992

Recovery from this? How much extra time would I add? Would it be like going from the start of flower again?

Bzzzz nope!

Bzzzzzzz!!!! Nope!

Ding!!!!

@ranger2992
Ur plants r def revegging. I cant say why its one tray and not the other. I wud advice u to check for light leaks. Even tho u sound like u got it figured out w the timer issue i wud dbl check for light leaks......ime plants in a certain part of a rm that starts to reveg when others do not is because theres light beaming in to only a certain portion of ur rm. I wudnt be surprised that in addition to a timer failure u also have a light leak

G gnome

G gnome

Recovery from this? How much extra time would I add? Would it be like going from the start of flower again?
They'll never bet what they cudda been. In the past ive just takin new clones and harvested the shit as soon as i had plants ready to go in to replace the messed up ones.

straincreation

straincreation

They'll never bet what they cudda been. In the past ive just takin new clones and harvested the shit as soon as i had plants ready to go in to replace the messed up ones.
Im experiencing this same issue its 100%not reveg this is the second time its happened to me and its always one table, onw timw it was on the other end of a 20 ft room and the now the complete oppisite. Ivw come to the conclusion that it has to do with my feed, its not only my ogees, evwn my gorrillas get whacky. The reason i say for sure its not reveg
1. I have no leaks and my timers are on point both times.
2. You cant explain why one table is only doing it. That's the thing neither can i why is the exact same cut doing fine on the other half of the room.
3. If it was light wed have dicks 99% of the time this late in flower.
Okay so the buds develop to week 4 perfectly nice crowns sets all that jaz even start to trich, and as soon as i hit with pk 13/14 wgen the start to stack they slowly start this shit. Not like leaves poppin stem elongation. Loke inches over night. Instead of focusing on the bud priduction it wants to build stems not leaves, or foliage slender stems that are brittle and fucken weird. Lole 15 years growing im scatching my head
20180828 213222

Its almost like it has N tox. Im like okay cut calmag, to no result. Flush, half strength nothing. Its like ahormone is triggered and the plants will not stop untill it time to tuck pistils and swell calyxes.
Thays the weirdest fucken thing is you end up with swollen frosty 0.8g 1.6g nugs and they are fully developed. Reveg does not do this. This anomaly only happens when i began using pk 13/14 in rockwool. Ive used it in soil prior with great success, and in rockwool. This is what im sayin half the fucken room is gonna kill 2 packs a light all day. This tavle in a half is completely fucked. Like its seems to be getting worse. So in week six noe amd have began the hardner cause obviously big bud us jusy going to waste on these table at this point.
Here is a picture where i tried to get a perfect bud in the foreground and the fucked up table in the back.
If this catches on i will take beyter pics tommorow.
20180828 213249

Now i already have a tgread on this problem but with no real solutions. I didnt really have a culprit than but i am starting the process of elimination and this seems to be it. Im going to run table comparison nest run.

Please bump this fucken thread! Thank you!
And vefore anyone ask
No light leaks
All feed same feed
Yes ive ran this cut succesful numerous times with good results

Also i did ask canna about it never recieved a responce.

Latest posts

Top Bottom