Help Please, Problem During Lst

• Thread starter aash2009aash
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

aash2009aash

Hello guys, I tied my plants for LST and used a wire. After 1 month now I saw that the wire is inside the plant stem or the stem has grew over it. I don't think I can remove it without damaging the plant..
What do you think I should do ?
Picture : https://ibb.co/f2H0hx
f2H0hx

Dan789

Dan789

Ever see a tree where it’s grown around attached fencing?, same effect, nothing to do just don’t repeat. I’m looking out the window at my witless attorney neighbor who allowed that to happen with three tree tie offs, totally encapsulated by the tree.

A

aash2009aash

So Sir I shouldn't worry about it ? just let it be and avoid it from happening last time ?

Reactions: Ina
Daikokuten

Daikokuten

So Sir I shouldn't worry about it ? just let it be and avoid it from happening last time ?
Removing it will damage the plant temporarily. I didn't look at your pic but if it's flowering or near the base, i would just leave it. Leaving it in shouldn't cause any problems unless the wire is gonna be moving or something. Basically, only obvious, physical issues should arise.

A

aash2009aash

Yes u r right sir, please look at the picture.
removing it will definitely damage it. It has just started growing tiny little white hairs3-4 days ago, Im super excited and worried. help me
Thanks!

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

If it' bare metal.....
Metal rusts. If said enclosed wire starts to rust, the plant may absorb the metals. Not 100% sure, but sounds hella good in my head.

A

aash2009aash

https://invalid.com/a/gpupc

here is the picture sir please check it!

A

aash2009aash

pls cut invalid and put imgur.. I cant upload need desperate help!

Enforcer

Enforcer

I looked at the picture. If it was me, I would carefully remove the wire, and cover the area with duct tape to protect it while it heals. I’m not sure if that would be the right thing to do or not, but I don’t think I could just leave it there.

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

Okay looked at it and think i agree with enforcer. You won't stunt it i don't think and that stem will get thicker. My only concern though is that it may become an opening to pathogens in the future. I would probably just carefully remove it and put tape around it if it looks wet and leave it if it looks dry. I would probably just use making tape or medical tape so i could remove it after and put it on loosely. That stem will expand and get woodier over time. Your goal is a physical barrier until the plant creates its own.

Latest posts

Top Bottom