2 8inch Raptor Hoods In A 4x8

• Thread starter Brownboi419
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Brownboi419

Brownboi419

I just recently got 2 8 inch raptor hoods and was just wondering feed back on them. Aswell as do you guys think 2 will get the job done for my 4x8?

H

heisen

I just recently got 2 8 inch raptor hoods and was just wondering feed back on them. Aswell as do you guys think 2 will get the job done for my 4x8?
the single ended bulbs they use suck,Best to put double ended in them.You can run a couple 750 Double ended HPS in them and theyll be good to go

H

heisen

Is there a way to convert them?
yeah,I just bought a nanolux 1000W DE CMH and screwed it into the raptor and wired it up.I had to take some wires apart and rewire it but it wasnt hard.Just pull the wire cord through the raptor so you have extra room and wire it to the double ended adaptor.
Whatever ballast you get that is double ended just use it remotely.Make sure if you swap out the single ended recep you also use a double ended ballast.
I know the double ended nanolux can be used like that.

H

heisen

20180817 205352

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

I have two of them I run over a 4x8 and really like them. I have the dual socket fixtures and run two 315 CMH in them and they rock.

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

i got a grow with them going now

What do you think about it so far ? My only concern is the bulb life after the issues growers house had but I’ve been reading nanolux uses a low frequency ballast and that should address it. If Phillips made the bulb I would be sold on it LOL

H

heisen

It's really not that hard.the wires are connected inside the de fixture.all your doing is swapping the wires.

Brownboi419

Brownboi419

Ok do you have a link to order the de fixture? I was originally going to buy the mogul to convert to cmh but if you think de cmh would work better I probably will save my self the hassle now rather then down the line.

Top Bottom