315 Cmh, 4 In 3x3 With Hempy Pots.

• Thread starter Newfieocean
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newfieocean

Newfieocean

On December 13th after 4 days I got 5 out of 6 fem seeds to germinate. 2 Channel no5 and 3 Green Crack. Got these from Montreal Cannabis seeds.
315 cmh 4 in 3x3 with hempy pots 2
315 cmh 4 in 3x3 with hempy pots

10 days after the last seed popped I transplanted into a 50/50 mix of Coco and Perlite.
315 cmh 4 in 3x3 with hempy pots 3
I think I was over feeding in the beginning. Using Advanced Nutrients 3 part and their feeding schedule is clearly overkill so I dialed it back to half. No ppm meter as of this point in the grow. On Christmas morning I got my 3x3 tent (thank you wife) and moved them from the tiny t5 light and dome to my 315CMH. The light has a 3100K temp bulb and came from growlight.ca which is where I got the tent and fan/filter combo. Super fast shipping and great prices for low-mid level equipment and free shipping to anyone living in Canada
315 cmh 4 in 3x3 with hempy pots 4
315 cmh 4 in 3x3 with hempy pots 5
315 cmh 4 in 3x3 with hempy pots 6

Dec. 30th they were fimmed and rested while I wait for my order to come with hydroton. I can tell they needed a transplant. But decided to wait.
315 cmh 4 in 3x3 with hempy pots 7
Temps are ok. Usually steady at 26c dropping to 19c during lights out on a18/6 schedule. Humidity has been hard to keep up. The dead of winter isn't helping and to keep cool I need my fan running. But I'm keeping it above 50% so I'm happy. Few nights ago I built a scrog from PVC. Fun build. And fits like a glove
315 cmh 4 in 3x3 with hempy pots 9
So tonight (January 5th) is 21 days from the first signs of life and I finally received my PPM meter and hydroton yesterday. After a few hours of getting my Hempy buckets prepped and a transplant here we are. I'm just draining into the tent and shop vacckin' it out for now. They really needed a bigger home!! Any tips and criticisms are appreciated! Thanks!
315 cmh 4 in 3x3 with hempy pots 11

315 cmh 4 in 3x3 with hempy pots 8
315 cmh 4 in 3x3 with hempy pots 10
Last edited:
Newfieocean

Newfieocean

Thanks. This is my first indoor grow. I had one previous attempt, a single plant that had to be a male of course. I've spent the better part of a year reading alot of information trying to absorb as much as possible. Took me that long to get the equipment all purchased (feeding 4 kids and a wife is pricy lol) now I'm excited to see how much my planning has paid off.

Newfieocean

Newfieocean

Ok so would it be wise to just leave my tent open untill the smell kicks in so I do not need to run my fan/filter and save the electricity. Light is at 16in above canopy with temps are keeping at 24-26c while it's on.

Also any comments on these pics from first fimming would be great. No idea what I should be expecting visually (I've only ever topped) and not sure if it was even done properly lol. This is Wk3Day4, 8 days from the fim. Feeding every 2nd day at ~500ppm, 1056ec. Water is 17c when I remember to check.
IMG 20180107 221029
IMG 20180107 221059

Newfieocean

Newfieocean

Anyone with some fimming exp? Id love an opinion on this. Pretty sure I fucked it, wondering now if I did and if it would be safe to go ahead and top.

Newfieocean

Newfieocean

Noticed what I think is a slight deficiency today. Maybe. Finding some accurate info that is consistent has been sketchy. I upped the feed from 500ppm to 600pmm, 1156ec. Humidity has been low and can see some leaves are a little twisty. Not sure if that is shit genetics or a rh problem. Maybe pH, my meter has yet arrive and these liquid tester are far from accurate. Trusting "pH perfect technology" isn't something I'm want to do.
IMG 20180109 024810
IMG 20180109 024732

Also thinking this fimming was a fail. Retop? Anyone?

brazel

brazel

On December 13th after 4 days I got 5 out of 6 fem seeds to germinate. 2 Channel no5 and 3 Green Crack. Got these from Montreal Cannabis seeds.
View attachment 769080 View attachment 769078

10 days after the last seed popped I transplanted into a 50/50 mix of Coco and Perlite. View attachment 769081I think I was over feeding in the beginning. Using Advanced Nutrients 3 part and their feeding schedule is clearly overkill so I dialed it back to half. No ppm meter as of this point in the grow. On Christmas morning I got my 3x3 tent (thank you wife) and moved them from the tiny t5 light and dome to my 315CMH. The light has a 3100K temp bulb and came from growlight.ca which is where I got the tent and fan/filter combo. Super fast shipping and great prices for low-mid level equipment and free shipping to anyone living in CanadaView attachment 769082 View attachment 769083 View attachment 769084
Dec. 30th they were fimmed and rested while I wait for my order to come with hydroton. I can tell they needed a transplant. But decided to wait.
View attachment 769085Temps are ok. Usually steady at 26c dropping to 19c during lights out on a18/6 schedule. Humidity has been hard to keep up. The dead of winter isn't helping and to keep cool I need my fan running. But I'm keeping it above 50% so I'm happy. Few nights ago I built a scrog from PVC. Fun build. And fits like a glove
View attachment 769087So tonight (January 5th) is 21 days from the first signs of life and I finally received my PPM meter and hydroton yesterday. After a few hours of getting my Hempy buckets prepped and a transplant here we are. I'm just draining into the tent and shop vacckin' it out for now. They really needed a bigger home!! Any tips and criticisms are appreciated! Thanks!View attachment 769089
White fuzzy roots! They good but circling a bit, loosen them up before transplanting.
Yeah I've done some fiming.
In my experience I didn't have consistent results.
Yeah you can leave tent open but use a regular fan at least for air movement.
They don't look fimed.

Newfieocean

Newfieocean

Every 48hrs. I was told to keep the Coco wet and flush out the old water in bottom of the Hempy. Maybe I'll wait a 3rd day this time and see.

Newfieocean

Newfieocean

Should it be safe to retop them now? Thanks for the relies too greatly appreciate any help!

brazel

brazel

Yo, I was just giving my opinion by how the leaves look.
I've heard you can't over water coco, so yeah then there's that
I don't know if any of these are true, so I wouldn't go by them.
My opinion was given as an option to look at, not to go by.

Cheers

brazel

brazel

I wouldn't top
Should it be safe to retop them now? Thanks for the relies too greatly appreciate any help!
I wouldn't top a plant that's not healthy, I stand by that.
I don't know the condition of your plants atm.

If your plants ain't growing, then focus on that. I'd clone before I'd try to save. IMO

Newfieocean

Newfieocean

Just a couple pics. Everything is going smoothly. Humidity steady a 60% but I'm not that confident in my cheap rh meter. New one next wk. Green Crack on the left Channel no5 on the right.
IMG 20180113 214242

This Channel is where most my clones are gonna come from. I have more GC seeds and she looks the best of the bunch
IMG 20180113 214255

FarmerDi

FarmerDi

Looking good man....keep it up and will be watching. Starting my 2nd grow soon and experimenting with a couple of auto-pots and one Hempy bucket. Cheers

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

Very nice setup man. Are you going to let them fill out the scrog before you flip? Again killer setup, good luck Newfieocean.

Newfieocean

Newfieocean

Thanks and yes that was the plan anyway. Going to give the main tops some LST tonight help it along.

Top Bottom