32 plants, 12k vertical, SS#4 beds, 1st try...

• Thread starter Billyboat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

monkey5

Premium Member
Supporter
Billyboat, so you are Billyboat! Very nice plants and your room is fine too! I will be looking in here often! Thank you for showing us your girls! monkey5

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
All your ladies turned out quite exquist !! ( never heard that before ) and the room nice job ... Thanks for the look ...M

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Man I could never get my Wilma to root. WTF?? I think I should go back and pop some more seeds.

You are a master well beyond your years!

Billyboat

Billyboat

All your ladies turned out quite exquist !! ( never heard that before ) and the room nice job ... Thanks for the look ...M

Thanks! I love the vertical, on a 2.5 potatoe starfighter plant, 11 grams of larf!!

Man I could never get my Wilma to root. WTF?? I think I should go back and pop some more seeds.

You are a master well beyond your years!

She seems to be a little finicky with nutes, a light feeder, but she puts out nicely.

And that means a lot coming from the man himself! I'm trying the best I can over here as a fairly new farmer.

Cheers

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
So I have one of those pre done cabinet grows the flower part has Florecent lights that lay on the bottom. Why couldn't u lay those under Provided u don't electricute yourself. Sorry for spelling phones and fingernails don't jive together

Billyboat

Billyboat

So I have one of those pre done cabinet grows the flower part has Florecent lights that lay on the bottom. Why couldn't u lay those under Provided u don't electricute yourself. Sorry for spelling phones and fingernails don't jive together

I just don't think the light output from the t5s would be worth the hassle in my situation, I'm liking caps idea of double stacking a 600 gavita and a 1k mh/hps bulbs.

I threw a mh in this room for the last two week and I feel like plants in that area really were frostier.

Sometimes I drive my self insane always changing things, but then again that's what keeps it fun!

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Mh on along with hps. On at same time to achieve these

T

toquer

It's hard to beat that blue spectrum for frost, hps for weight. Dual arc bulbs are too finicky for me.
How are they finicky? I've still got a couple. Really like them when used vertically.

Billyboat

Billyboat

How are they finicky? I've still got a couple. Really like them when used vertically.

I don't know, but for me, they didn't like my lumatek ballasts very much. Both bulbs I tried failed pretty quick, a month or so in.

Billyboat

Billyboat

16 plants, 12 lights, 4 mhs and 8 hps...going to veg a week or two longer.

WSG99

WSG99

I just don't think the light output from the t5s would be worth the hassle in my situation, I'm liking caps idea of double stacking a 600 gavita and a 1k mh/hps bulbs.

I threw a mh in this room for the last two week and I feel like plants in that area really were frostier.

Sometimes I drive my self insane always changing things, but then again that's what keeps it fun!

I have been flowering with mainly 1k MH and like the results. Best bet is to mix them.

Billyboat

Billyboat

Great show! I love 2:1 HPS/MH in flower.

Are yields that much better to justify the added labor? It's a very long veg under a lot of wattage?

Plant counts are why I run a set up like this, But the yield was fantastic last round. On a day to day basis this room is less work then my horz garden. I have a dedicated veg room where they were in 8 gallon pots for 2 months.

20kwDreamer

20kwDreamer

Plant counts are why I run a set up like this, But the yield was fantastic last round. On a day to day basis this room is less work then my horz garden. I have a dedicated veg room where they were in 8 gallon pots for 2 months.

After I posted I realized plant count is probably your reasoning. You're doing an awesome job. I remember on Overgrow the colosseum and those 8" hanging pvc pipe vertical grows, but the numbers were bananas. Sorry if you said this already but...so you veg in a separate room I assume without any vertical support. Do you top/train in any other way (in veg)?

Honestly I've never considered a vertical tree type grow, now I am though for the same reason - numbers. I love stuffing 12-24 in a 5x5 no veg time but that's almost a life sentence. Again thanks for sharing!

Billyboat

Billyboat

After I posted I realized plant count is probably your reasoning. You're doing an awesome job. I remember on Overgrow the colosseum and those 8" hanging pvc pipe vertical grows, but the numbers were bananas. Sorry if you said this already but...so you veg in a separate room I assume without any vertical support. Do you top/train in any other way (in veg)?

Honestly I've never considered a vertical tree type grow, now I am though for the same reason - numbers. I love stuffing 12-24 in a 5x5 no veg time but that's almost a life sentence. Again thanks for sharing!

I veg in a separate spot and I use 6 foot bamboo stakes to support the plants. Yea I top, fim, pinch, bend, break, basically what ever is needed to get them to grow the way I want them to. I veg with horz cmh first, then once to desired height I switch to verts in the veg room.

Top Bottom