36x36x72 Grow Tent Question

• Thread starter Smurfberry
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Smurfberry

Hey peeps, I just bought a vivosun 36x36x72 grow tent
And I'm ready to get my inline fan and carbon filter.
I would like to know what folks on here use, last thing I want to do is betray my gardening on account of a crappy fan and filter. Any suggestions would be most helpful.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
im a die hard can fan guy and phresh filters I have a 720 cfm can fan still spinning after 8 years :D

S

Smurfberry

im a die hard can fan guy and phresh filters I have a 720 cfm can fan still spinning after 8 years :D
My tent has 7 inch ports on the sides
And one 9 inch port at the top
I was figuring on running my ducting straight across the tent so my fan and filter are at max efficiency and out the 7 inch port so therefore I was thinking I need 6 inch ducting...and I CORRECT?..

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Been using a 6" Hydrofarm + speed controller..24x7 1.5 yrs now..no worries..($70)
(next will be a Hyper fan I think)..
As far as filters go: We ain't got (or need) NO STINKIN FILTER..roflmao

S

Smurfberry

Been using a 6" Hydrofarm + speed controller..24x7 1.5 yrs now..no worries..($70)
(next will be a Hyper fan I think)..
As far as filters go: We ain't got (or need) NO STINKIN FILTER..roflmao
Well you live where I live, and have a neighbor come over and catch a whiff of bud and when the local county cops show up and haul your ass off to jail you would be sitting in the pokey thinking if you had a filter you wouldn't be in jail right now..my state hates marinuana and will fuck your life up over it
Yo jailoff1

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Well you live where I live, and have a neighbor come over and catch a whiff of bud and when the local county cops show up and haul your ass off to jail you would be sitting in the pocket thinking if you had a filter you wouldn't be in jail right now..my state hates marinuana and will fuck your life up over it
Yo jailoff1
Was being funny..here it is legal and cops don't give a rat's ass..Soooo...I still don't need no stinkin fliter..If I did..Would go with Phresh like @jumpincactus did.

S

Smurfberry

Was being funny..here it is legal and cops don't give a rat's ass..Soooo...I still don't need no stinkin fliter..If I did..Would go with Phresh like @jumpincactus did.
Well where I live it is illegal as fuck,
If I ever hit it good on the stock market I'm going to move to a much more free state

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
My tent has 7 inch ports on the sides
And one 9 inch port at the top
I was figuring on running my ducting straight across the tent so my fan and filter are at max efficiency and out the 7 inch port so therefore I was thinking I need 6 inch ducting...and I CORRECT?..
sounds about right. Keep your filter as high up as you can due to all the heat rising. the straighter your flex tube runs the more efficient it pulls or pushes.

S

Smurfberry

sounds about right. Keep your filter as high up as you can due to all the heat rising. the straighter your flex tube runs the more efficient it pulls or pushes.
Thank you good sir..appreciate your input

S

Smurfberry

State of virginia. Govemor is all for legalizing weed, its the fucking legislature here that keeps fucking everything up...

newh

newh

I have a 48x48x72 tent with a 6 in exhaust fan on a speed controller that vents out the window with no filter.I put eye bolts with large fender washers thru 3 sides to pull the sides of the tent out.One side is tied to the wall 2 sides to the ceiling,it works good actually gives me a few more inches of room otherwise the 6 in fan sucks the sides in a mushes my plants.If I need cool air i have a 4 in booster that brings air from my cellar

20160710 174248
newh

newh

I have a 48x48x72 tent with a 6 in exhaust fan on a speed controller that vents out the window with no filter.I put eye bolts with large fender washers thru 3 sides to pull the sides of the tent out.One side is tied to the wall 2 sides to the ceiling,it works good actually gives me a few more inches of room otherwise the 6 in fan sucks the sides in a mushes my plants.If I need cool air i have a 4 in booster that brings air from my cellar
see the eye bolt?works like a champ.It been like that for 3 or 4 years with no ripping.Thats an Apollo Horticulture tent

newh

newh

That's cool man..thanks for the idea
If you think you might try the eye bolts get 2 nuts and 2 big washers for each bolt.Put a nut on the bolt then a washer poke it thru the tent add washer then nut tighten em good. Im kinda surprised they havent started wearing on the tent I like to run alot of air thru it

S

Smurfberry

If you think you might try the eye bolts get 2 nuts and 2 big washers for each bolt.Put a nut on the bolt then a washer poke it thru the tent add washer then nut tighten em good. Im kinda surprised they havent started wearing on the tent I like to run alot of air thru it
Ok, will keep that in mind

Top Bottom