4x4 1000w Bestva And 2 X 400w Mars Hydro With Some G13 Labs Purple Haze

• Thread starter bigmikeyg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

hey all .. just thought i would start a grow log here
4x4 tent with 1 x1000w bestva and 2 x 300 mars hydro

i’m growing a mother plant in a cloth grow bag with promix and some stone in the bottom my buddy had under a hps for a bit..

had it in a 2x4 then decided to go bigger ... surprise surprise

i kept the 2x4 tent for clones and mothers i left the carbon filter in that tent and sealed it off and ran a 6 inch vent to my 4x4...

just started the three lights and was curious everyone thoughts on how i got the setup going ..

still need to do some clean up but the setup is close to done

any thoughts on the sealing up the one tent and sucking only one 6 inch vent back to it ?

the 2x4 tent is sucked in and the bigger one isn’t at all have a small 4 inch fan sucking.. i have a cheap carbon filter from amazon on it

seems to be 84 at lights and 70 on floor

4x4 1000w bestva and 2 x 400w mars hydro with some g13 labs purple haze
4x4 1000w bestva and 2 x 400w mars hydro with some g13 labs purple haze 2
4x4 1000w bestva and 2 x 400w mars hydro with some g13 labs purple haze 3
Last edited:
D

ddimauro

My first thought is damn that's a lot of light for a 4 by 4 tent LOL ...and awesome that the temperature is where it is.

bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

these are mars 300w not 400 sorry can’t figure out how to modify topic

bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

My first thought is damn that's a lot of light for a 4 by 4 tent LOL ...and awesome that the temperature is where it is.
the 300 are 132 at the wall and the 1000w is 185 at wall so 450 of billable power :)

it’s my first grow and it would have been nice to have 4 seeds to plants but
i’m not sure what that 450 power will produce for yield

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I always shoot for at least 40 watts (true) per sq ft..I run about 505 watts true in a 3x3 (4 crowded plants) and yields average about 4.5 ounces dried per plant..depending on strain:cool:
1 30 18 1

bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

decided to add a second 6 inch vent between the big tent and the small tent, now i have negative pressure in both tents and it looks like the 84 dropped to 82

bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

I always shoot for at least 40 watts (true) per sq ft..I run about 505 watts true in a 3x3 (4 crowded plants) and yields average about 4.5 ounces dried per plant..depending on strain:cool:
View attachment 778113
nice ... if i can get 75 % of what you get with the cheap leds i would be laughing ... but i guess more like 50%

kinda jaded coming in with a plant that was grown outside my environment , but still should be interesting .. plan is to go four from seed next round

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

nice ... if i can get 75 % of what you get with the cheap leds i would be laughing ... but i guess more like 50%

kinda jaded coming in with a plant that was grown outside my environment , but still should be interesting .. plan is to go four from seed next round
Not really, It is very possible..Here is a Nitro lemon Haze..grown entirely under a Meizhi 450 ($100 and 195 watts true)..It is very possible..note one plant under this light, in a spare bath tub no less..LOL.
4.75 ounces + tons of larf for hash and butter:)
12 02 17 NHL

bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

so i went in and did some trimming on the lower stuff did a fair amount would rather not take more than i should ...

this is my first tome growing like this so send the comments in if you have any :)

i also moved back and lowered the one light in then back far right as the canopy isn’t very good there..

these light stats seem weird while the one 1000w bestva says close to a 4x4 coverage area the 300 mars says 2x2 and they seem to be the same size light not sure how they are that different ... but i assume that will help for now and i’ll have to figure out the best formation when i switch to flowering...

i was thinking of going another week or two with veg and top some
of the taller tops to even out canopy add another trellis net then give it a few days to recouped then switch to 12 12

also seems like even adding the second 6 inch vent the temp and lights is up to 85

E7D5C994 DC07 440C 968B CB5C8B847C9B
598709FF 64DD 4681 9FF8 6F79C60AE2EC
36EE16B9 9F08 4FF0 AF1D BD160036BA7C
4D709CF5 CB22 4B6F B61D 7ADA9FE8F48E
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Just three things IMO...
1st is you could still use some thinning out in the middle before you flip, to get good ventilization and promote bud sites in the middle (they will continue to re-leaf until about 3-4 weeks into flower), 2) Those holes in the trellis net seem too large from here and the netting is too thin ()..2-3 inches is better, 3) The Halo ring should NOT be at an angle..That will make uneven watering ..They come with spikes to dig into the soil and will keep them horizontal..Just my 2 cents..Looking good!! :) If you feed Silica, not only will it help promoting stem/branch. leaf strength..It also helps the plants during high temperatures..Pretty cheap..I am using Armor SI from GH (Hate the new owners (Monsanto), but it is a damn good product)

bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

Just three things IMO...
1st is you could still use some thinning out in the middle before you flip, to get good ventilization and promote bud sites in the middle (they will continue to re-leaf until about 3-4 weeks into flower), 2) Those holes in the trellis net seem too large from here and the netting is too thin ()..2-3 inches is better, 3) The Halo ring should NOT be at an angle..That will make uneven watering ..They come with spikes to dig into the soil and will keep them horizontal..Just my 2 cents..Looking good!! :) If you feed Silica, not only will it help promoting stem/branch. leaf strength..It also helps the plants during high temperatures..Pretty cheap..I am using Armor SI from GH (Hate the new owners (Monsanto), but it is a damn good product)

no i’m good thanks for the input

the halo i move around while watering ... don’t ask :)

yeah was gonna do more thinning in couple days after this one ...

the trellis netting is all i can get locally see some
people build their own or something with pvc pipes gonna look into it cause yeah i agree with ya

the silica i am not and not dominant with i’m gonna look see if amazon will deliver or if not head into the local shop

thanks

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

no i’m good thanks for the input

the halo i move around while watering ... don’t ask :)

yeah was gonna do more thinning in couple days after this one ...

the trellis netting is all i can get locally see some
people build their own or something with pvc pipes gonna look into it cause yeah i agree with ya

the silica i am not and not dominant with i’m gonna look see if amazon will deliver or if not head into the local shop

thanks
Mason string and PVC..Home Depot/Lowes etc.
When I used to scrog. I never glued it so it is easy to take down and store..You will cut the netting down when you harvest and with this sort of thing..restringing takes about 10 minutes..I never even tried to make the holes even, too lazy..LOL
Upload 2018 2 15 8 12 23

MW7945

MW7945

I ran 450 true watts on my last grow and ended up with about 10oz of dry bud. and that was with some mistakes. But better LEDs.

IMO you need to defoil and flip soon. That thing will double in flower.

erocknroll

erocknroll

Gonna reiterate what buzzer and MW are saying about defoliation. From the last pic you posted you still got a lot of vegetation that is getting in the way of prime bud sites. Try getting rid of some of the biggest and oldest fan leaves towards the top that are covering bud sites. This will improve your light penetration as well as airflow. Theres also a lot of lower leaves and bud sites I see that are still in the dark so its really up to you to decide if you get rid of that lower vegetation or get rid of higher vegetation to let light shine through. You have a nice size healthy plant so it'll do plenty of growing when you flip so it could get crowded really quick. As long as you have the proper air flow and light pen then she should produce some nice chunky buds.

bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

Mason string and PVC..Home Depot/Lowes etc.
When I used to scrog. I never glued it so it is easy to take down and store..You will cut the netting down when you harvest and with this sort of thing..restringing takes about 10 minutes..I never even tried to make the holes even, too lazy..LOLView attachment 778414
been calling lowe’s home depot and home hardware (in canada) and none have a 3 way elbow or. 4 way t to be able to put legs on it .. frustrating ... it’s to bad these tent kits didn’t have something to go on the outside of the outside of the frame

Westie

Westie

been calling lowe’s home depot and home hardware (in canada) and none have a 3 way elbow or. 4 way t to be able to put legs on it .. frustrating ... it’s to bad these tent kits didn’t have something to go on the outside of the outside of the frame
Lowe's had them in stock. Link... Dunno about Canada availability. Or Amazon? Good luck.

bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

Lowe's had them in stock. Link... Dunno about Canada availability. Or Amazon? Good luck.
thanks .. bought the pipe and some elbows and some t’s and i cut each 4 foot section in half and put the t for legs... haven’t put it togeather yet will post pictures once tied

bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

so the pipes were ok the legs i abandoned as it wasn’t really that good and the new way i got it to the tent legs i can move it

so i got two sections of 1/2 pvc and 4 elbows and the tees could have been not purchased..i cut the lengths into 4 foot sections and connected. i used 20 screws just for me to tie on one end and wrap around the other..
once i snugged it up on the screw i then tied to itself to make it so it won’t come off

i then put it in tent and used a couple zip ties in each corner to support...

i then spread out the tops and tried to level the canopy the best i could and cleaned up some more leaves as everyone suggested

i went and got some silca and will be adding to the what i’m using now..

added another fan in the corner

8B20172A 4DED 43D7 BBF3 950086FF6593
999A6938 5E1C 4904 8B35 511DBB1FD367
3D629833 2BA3 41C2 ADA9 7A850DCD2317
5DEF2B4C 976D 430C 8024 CEC7BF8E0930
280AA60A 69B2 4B9B 834C 6A759D601F04
AF31CF70 5997 4927 A1B5 BCAB72E67EEE
4CFD9FF3 2AD5 4E69 BFD2 5A96C5E3C65E
316810E1 A8E1 4F64 9757 D01C327A942B
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Good job..
Remember, you will be working/watering under or thru the net..next time, maybe Mason string would be a bit more durable..The sheer bud weight:) later on, will sag almost any type of string..
Hint: it is easier to simply wrap the string around the screws, instead if wrapping it around the pvc and tieing it off on the screws.
Your plants are filling in nicely and this is just the beginning..it will become very crowded as things progress..

MW7945

MW7945

Looks a little crooked.. I just built one out of wooden dowels and used bungees to make it free float. No legs needed.

That being said if you're going with the scrog id give it one more week to fill the net in and them lollipop and flip. Shave them legs clean under the net

Top Bottom