4x4 Tent Upgrade From 400w Hps To Led Suggestions

• Thread starter DVB403
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DVB403

DVB403

could you guys suggest a good LED to replace 400w mh/hps in a 4x4 tent would like upgrade from the 400w yield thanks dvb403 long time listener first time caller :smoking::fire:

thanks dvb403

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
There are a lot using quantum brds, depending on budget , endless options.
My personal fav that’s cheap and works for a 4x4, viaspectra par 700 lights. Works well and yeilds about what you would out of a 400 hid.

F

FarmerDaniel

Rapid LED sells a lot of good DIY horticulture set ups. You'll think less and get set up pretty quick with their stuff.

I like the COBs. The CXB3590s can run at 3600ma but I run them at 1400 and they still give me 1500 PAR where I want it. Easy to get coverage too

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Hlg lighting quantum boards. It’s what I run in both my 4x4 tents. I have several posts containing lots of information. I highly recommend them. I run 9 132qb per tent. I run mine at like 70-80% load in flower. Here’s a couple shots but I have it all in a post, with details of what I used if you want any information on my experience with these give a shout
6DD81CE7 CA71 4DFB A955 A477B1158C56
C4FAE83C A136 426F 8ADB F6F0DC441EA7

DetGrnThumb

DetGrnThumb

Just to throw a bit of a curveball, consider tossing 2-315 watt CMH fixtures with 4200k bulbs in there. I'm a big fan of the UV-A and UV-B output as well as the efficiency of the units.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Just to throw a bit of a curveball, consider tossing 2-315 watt CMH fixtures with 4200k bulbs in there. I'm a big fan of the UV-A and UV-B output as well as the efficiency of the units.

Those are super nice. Heat. Cost to buy two is more than building. Bulb replacement. The stuff I have seen produced with those 315s is amazing as well. Those where my considerations, and why I ended up building what I did.

DetGrnThumb

DetGrnThumb

Those are super nice. Heat. Cost to buy two is more than building. Bulb replacement. The stuff I have seen produced with those 315s is amazing as well. Those where my considerations, and why I ended up building what I did.
Heat isn't too bad and I prefer running individual 315 fixtures on 20-22" centers than a 630 fixture with the bulbs almost butting ends. I think those 630 units create some "hot spots" if you will and if you run two rooms with rhe same wattage with the only difference being 630 watt fixtures and 315 watt fixtures, the 315's will dominate every time. Kind of like running 600's on tighter spacing in basements with height restrictions instead of 1000's

DetGrnThumb

DetGrnThumb

The reason why I'm such a CMH slappy is because I've yet to come across a LED fixture that can produce UV and IR spectrums like the CMH. That's where you get all that bonus trichome/thc/terpene production from. If you really want to get into light/spectrum manipulation get yourself some UV-C output bulbs and run them for 15 minutes every hour. Just be sure to only run them when there are no people in the room. That UV-C is the wavelength that'll give you skin cancer with the quickness

Top Bottom