5 Days Of Light Rain Incoming... Cover?

• Thread starter Kaskadian
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kaskadian

Kaskadian

Definitely chop the rotten bud and two inches below. Cut out the rotted part and dry the rest. Monitor everything closely

Thanks for the advice! I have some brown crispy leaves but they don't pull right out and it's only on one side of the plant. I'm wondering if it could be where the tarp was resting on the buds? Here are a few shots that don't really show the brown. I'll try to get some pics asap.

IMG 5566
IMG 5567
IMG 5568

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

Here are the brown shots for comparison... my gut is telling me bud rot, but it hasn't progressed since yesterday and the leaves don't just fall out. No obvious evidence of caterpillars (knock on wood), but I know these buds had a heavy ass tarp on top of them for a bit. Thoughts?

IMG 5569
IMG 5570
IMG 5572

BudBogart

BudBogart

Here are the brown shots for comparison... my gut is telling me bud rot, but it hasn't progressed since yesterday and the leaves don't just fall out. No obvious evidence of caterpillars (knock on wood), but I know these buds had a heavy ass tarp on top of them for a bit. Thoughts?

View attachment 743101 View attachment 743102 View attachment 743103

Yup, if all those brown spots are where the tarp could touch, that would be my guess, since you checked caterpillars. The brown should be soft and progressing if it is rot.

Rcubed

Rcubed

I was worried a situation like this may happen (week of rain in late flower). So I equipped my shade cloth structure with a retractable plastic sheet cover (bunched up on right side). I pull strings on both ends and my girls don't get wet. Deploys in about 3 seconds. The fan also has its own cover, and should move enough air to prevent any rot issues.

I hope.
Hey Enforcer, how many hours of direct sun do you get on those plants? I have a side of the house spot like that but I haven't used it because I didn't think I'd get enough sun on them. Your plants look great so I might be trying that spot.

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

Yup, if all those brown spots are where the tarp could touch, that would be my guess, since you checked caterpillars. The brown should be soft and progressing if it is rot.

I sure hope that's the case! I'm going to keep watching them closely as we get closer and closer to harvest. Thanks for your feedback!

Damn that is some nice purple. Cut the rot now

Thank you! The colder nights are definitely contributing to the purple. We've had a few nights in the 40's.

I'm going to eyeball these buds, I'm not quite sure it's budrot. I'm checking multiple times daily. I'm thinking it's where the tarp smushed the buds a little. The buds aren't squishy, the leave aren't able to be pulled out with ease, and it hasn't progressed at all. Right under the brown crispy leaves the buds are nice and frosty, and still very green.

Really nice looking flowers man.

Thank you brother!

BudBogart

BudBogart

I sure hope that's the case! I'm going to keep watching them closely as we get closer and closer to harvest. Thanks for your feedback!

Thank you! The colder nights are definitely contributing to the purple. We've had a few nights in the 40's.

I'm going to eyeball these buds, I'm not quite sure it's budrot. I'm checking multiple times daily. I'm thinking it's where the tarp smushed the buds a little. The buds aren't squishy, the leave aren't able to be pulled out with ease, and it hasn't progressed at all. Right under the brown crispy leaves the buds are nice and frosty, and still very green.

Thank you brother!

I came back to suggest you might want to carefully cut out around the brown...rot or not you will want to trim out the brown before smoking. May as well do it now and be safe. You don't have to take the whole cola, just enough of the bud to clean it up. If you get it all you don't have to worry about what it is.

Madbud

Madbud

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

Could be just a bruise from the tarp. A caterpillar would be inside the bud. Nice colors.

Thanks! I opened the buds up without breaking them. I know it doesn't mean there isn't one of those bastards hiding deep in there, but I haven't seen any evidence to suggest otherwise. Fingers crossed! We have a much needed 10-14 days of sun and no rain. I'd like to take these girls out another couple weeks if the weather holds.

I came back to suggest you might want to carefully cut out around the brown...rot or not you will want to trim out the brown before smoking. May as well do it now and be safe. You don't have to take the whole cola, just enough of the bud to clean it up. If you get it all you don't have to worry about what it is.

Thanks for the suggestion! I went out and did a light clipping and removed the majority of the brown leaves.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Hey Enforcer, how many hours of direct sun do you get on those plants? I have a side of the house spot like that but I haven't used it because I didn't think I'd get enough sun on them. Your plants look great so I might be trying that spot.

During the height of summer I got about 5 hours of direct light. Morning and evening was indirect light. I trained the GG#12 plant to grow flat as I didn't want it over a 6' fence and to get as much light as possible to all bud sites during the direct light time. The lower buds are a little small but over all I'm pleased with my first outdoor grow. We should have a week of sun coming up, so I will let them soak up as much sun as they want to finish. Thanks for the compliment.

Enforcer

Enforcer

I just moved them back out into the sun. I think I made it through relatively unscathed.

IMG 1298
IMG 1299
BudBogart

BudBogart

I just moved them back out into the sun. I think I made it through relatively unscathed.
During the height of summer I got about 5 hours of direct light. Morning and evening was indirect light. I trained the GG#12 plant to grow flat as I didn't want it over a 6' fence and to get as much light as possible to all bud sites during the direct light time. The lower buds are a little small but over all I'm pleased with my first outdoor grow. We should have a week of sun coming up, so I will let them soak up as much sun as they want to finish. Thanks for the compliment.

Very frosty, good looking. Growing the GG flat will get all those buds to turn up and all get full available light on each bud. Even though I don't worry about height, I still hang weights on stems to make them grow flat. It can really expand your plant canopy, good job.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Very frosty, good looking. Growing the GG flat will get all those buds to turn up and all get full available light on each bud. Even though I don't worry about height, I still hang weights on stems to make them grow flat. It can really expand your plant canopy, good job.
Thanks Bro

Some trich pics with my new cell phone scope
One Jager first then two GG#12 pics.

IMG 1301
IMG 1302
IMG 1304
BudBogart

BudBogart

Thanks Bro

Some trich pics with my new cell phone scope
One Jager first then two GG#12 pics.

Great shots. I don't have the phone scope, making me wish.
Plenty of trics on those plants.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Well guys, we have 5 MORE days of rain coming starting Friday. I'm letting them soak in these last two days of sun and I'm cutting them down on Thursday. I already took off 90% of the fan leaves. I think they're pretty much ready anyways. Not bad for my first grow I think.

IMG 1333
IMG 1334
IMG 1335
IMG 1336
IMG 1337
IMG 1339
IMG 1340
OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Dude, I feel your pain. I live near you and the upcoming forecast is killing me. If we could have gotten just one more week. I have some big girls that could really use the time.

Irish063

Irish063

@Enforcer - I think that storm system made it this way. 4 days straight of rain in the forecast. I was hoping to get home early enough to try and build something again today but couldn't. Hopefully tomorrow.

Top Bottom