60w Led Corn Lights As Supplimenta Lighting

• Thread starter Northernpop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Northernpop

Northernpop

Hi Guys,

I use a 1000w LED over a 2 x 3" scrog grow. I'm going to try supplimental lighting around the four corners of the room with 60w LED corn bulbs. Have I wasted my money ? Or will it add some bulk to the periphery of my grows? Any experience would be appreciated. I manage ok with the 1000w, but the buds are not as full around the edges.

Cheers

Northernpop

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Hi Guys,

I use a 1000w LED over a 2 x 3" scrog grow. I'm going to try supplimental lighting around the four corners of the room with 60w LED corn bulbs. Have I wasted my money ? Or will it add some bulk to the periphery of my grows? Any experience would be appreciated. I manage ok with the 1000w, but the buds are not as full around the edges.

Cheers

Northernpop
If its 1000 watts at the wall over a 2x3, you have plenty of light.

Northernpop

Northernpop

Thanks Rootbound. My light unit is only about 200x300mm in size. I think the distribution is the issue, although the true wattage is only around 260w from the wall. It's a cheap Chinese unit, but it does work. Lol.

dan1989

dan1989

I found that when I did a grow in my stealth box the edge buds were also smaller than the middle. Is your grow area quite short? LED panels without reflectors don't spread out the light very much, in my unprofessional opinion I'd like to think having those lights around the edges could only improve the situation. Unless you've got a expensive panel like a Cali lightworks solarstorm or something like that, it's probably not pulling 1000w at the wall. If it's something like this then it's probably 200w equivalent if you're lucky. IMHO
HTB14T6zKFXXXXa7XXXXq6xXFXXXZ 1024x1024

dan1989

dan1989

I found that when I did a grow in my stealth box the edge buds were also smaller than the middle. Is your grow area quite short? LED panels without reflectors don't spread out the light very much, in my unprofessional opinion I'd like to think having those lights around the edges could only improve the situation. Unless you've got a expensive panel like a Cali lightworks solarstorm or something like that, it's probably not pulling 1000w at the wall. If it's something like this then it's probably 200w equivalent if you're lucky. IMHO
View attachment 744075

@sixstring is an LED freak, check out his COB threads, I hope to build my own one day soon. You will find it quite interesting if LED is your thing.
Can't remember how to search for individual threads lol. There's a search bar somewhere :D

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

its better than a mars,,,,slightly haha
honestly it did pretty good, buts its only 3x3 but good depth.
I like thier 1100 solar system led
but I cant pay 2500 to replace my lights,
at least not at this time

sixstring

sixstring

honestly it did pretty good, buts its only 3x3 but good depth.
I like thier 1100 solar system led
but I cant pay 2500 to replace my lights,
at least not at this time
one of my buddies has the big one,1100ss i think with the 2 uv lamps on the ends.he likes it.but he always complains how hot it runs,plus he buys weed from sixer lmao :happy:

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

one of my buddies has the big one,1100ss i think with the 2 uv lamps on the ends.he likes it.but he always complains how hot it runs,plus he buys weed from sixer lmao :happy:
he has the 880 Solar storm if he has the uv bulbs..
I got the 440 Solar Storm with uv bulbs
the solar system line is their commercial line,
and they dont have UV bulbs in them...
Lol I guess commercial growers dont hold much water in UV?

Harley09

Harley09

I've got two of the older SS 400's I got nearly 1 gram per watt out of them but for the money I would go with DIY COB LEDs here are some pictures of my first grow with them

IMG 0776 1024x576
IMG 0873
IMG 0874
IMG 0877
IMG 0878
Top Bottom