Contact Us
Want to advertise here? Contact us today to begin

710spirits Hella Cheap 200 Proof Etoh

Discussion in 'Concentrates & Processing' started by DemonTrich, Apr 15, 2018.

1. DemonTrich

DemonTrich Moderator Staff Member

Either I'm not reading it correct, or my rso HSA kicked in and I'm going blind.

710 spirits (Google it, dont wanna post a link yet), has 1gal 200 proof etoh for 35.00. A 5 GALLON pail for 112. Are you fn kidding me. That's super cheap.

I'm waiting on a call back. I'll take 5x 5gal pails at that price.

You may need a business account to order.

@GT21 @Douglas.C @Graywolf @MirrorZen @Crush It
    I'm sure there's a few other extract guys on here.

Graywolf, Crush It, G gnome and 2 others like this.
  2. GT21

GT21 I like soup Supporter

Thats a great deal. Organic booze is as high as 90 a g

MirrorZen and DemonTrich like this.
  3. DemonTrich

Yup
    I've only.found it at 100/g. Even using a rotovap, I dont think I could use 25g of etoh in a lifetime. Lol

GT21 and MirrorZen like this.
  4. Damn, that's insane. Beats everyone by a large margin. Thanks man, I am going to inspect further those prices seem almost too good to be true. 749 on a 55gal barrel, wild.

DemonTrich and GT21 like this.
  5. DemonTrich

I'm glad it's not the rso talking then.
    At 750 for 55g, I'll take the 55g, and retail a gal for 80 and still come out well ahead.

Edit
    See below post

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  6. DemonTrich

Just a heads up in case it's not k own. It's an n-heptane blend. That's how it gets around the tax n stuff. I'll stick with 100% etoh.

MirrorZen and GT21 like this.
  7. Whoa...that is not cool..

DemonTrich likes this.
  8. GT21

Whats that rule? Something about if it sounds too good to be true.....

DemonTrich, MirrorZen and Crush It like this.
  9. Should be fine for winterizing before distillation but that's about it. Only because distillate is solvent free. Other than that, fuck that. Heptane is gnarly. There is a reason that in testing they only allow less than 500 ppm. Pentane is very close in structure with Heptane but pentane has a much lower boiling point.
    Edit: pentane is good for "washing" "diamonds"

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    GT21, DemonTrich and Crush It like this.
  10. DemonTrich

Just got the call back. They are sending out a 1l sample bottle. I'll try it out on my CBD flowers I need to extract. I'm not happy with that heptane blend. They did say they have 100% Eton, no blend

https://hubs.ly/H0bvsrr0

BP chart

11. Dan789

Dan789

I’m sticking with the drinkable 200 proof alcohol I bought, no worries with that.

GT21 and DemonTrich like this.
  12. DemonTrich

Just got my free bottle in.

My stoner mind was thinking while doing some up putting. Why couldn't a person throw this in a rotovap and fraction off the ethanol and leave behind the heptane in the starting flask? Etoh has a lower BP than heptane, so should be relatively easy. Now if this can work, why couldn't one do this for more volume. Cost would be cheaper, depending on the % used/mixed.

CelticEBE, MirrorZen and GT21 like this.
  13. DemonTrich

Hmm 2l, 5l, 10l rotovap
    Lol

MirrorZen and GT21 like this.
  14. GT21

I need 2 jars of good shine... I want to make slabs with one and drink the other

Graywolf, DemonTrich and MirrorZen like this.
  15. n-Heptane is a 9 carbon chain simple Alkane hydrocarbon with a boiling point of about 98.4C/209.2F.

Ethanol boils at 78.4C/173F, so most of the Heptane will remain after it is boiled away.

Elevating a cannabis concentrate above around 57.2C/135F starts to accelerate the decarboxylation process, and by 98.4C/209F, the curve gets relatively steep, so you ostensibly won't end up with carboxylic acids as an end product.

MirrorZen, DemonTrich and GT21 like this.
  16. Pharmer Joe sometimes uses n-Heptane C9-H20 in his processes where the end product gets fractionally distilled into Clear. Heptane is relatively easy to separate under low vacuum levels, with precise heat control.

Clear distillate, is however no longer a carboxylic acid, so the long question is what are you going to do with the concentrate afterwards? If it is for distillate or carts, being in the non carboxylic acid form is not an issue.

MirrorZen likes this.
  17. DemonTrich

I was thinking of just distilling the 710 spirits and using the etoh only, and ditching the heptane

MirrorZen and Graywolf like this.
  18. A student brought some shine from his 7' compound refluxing still, and we did a QWET extraction with it. The extraction had a nice amber brandy color, so we cut some 60% with distilled water and passed it around. Actually a nice flavor, which combined the flavor of shine with that of cannabis extract. He left with a gleam in his eye and dreams of a new commercial product line, but that was several years ago and I've heard nothing since, sooooo wondering if he collided with Federal laws regarding alcohol??

That however doesn't preclude whomping up one's own CannaShine Brandy................................

19. GT21

Oh im excited... Hard to find in commiefornia... Need to take a trip to my bud in Oregon
    Strike 1 making booze
    Strike 2 growing drugs
    Strike 3 concentrate manufacturing

That would be fun to deal with feds

CelticEBE, MirrorZen and Graywolf like this.
  20. Sadly, they picked Heptane because it is heavier, but close to the boiling point of Ethanol, and forms an azeotrope with the alcohol, just to make it not easy to dodge the tax man.

MirrorZen and DemonTrich like this.