monstacropn

monstacropn

Basic thermal1
Basic thermal1

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Very cool concept, thanks for sharing!

Was that 99' of hose you said you've got buried there?

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Very interesting.

One quick question. You mentioned that the geothermal tubing that is in the ground is slotted or has holes in it, what effect will ground water have in the tubing if it rains?

monstacropn

monstacropn

Very cool concept, thanks for sharing!

Was that 99' of hose you said you've got buried there?
I used 4 inch flexi drain pipe of 100 foot and because it's slotted I used a sealed 4 inch flexi pipe for intake and exhaust, so there would be no leakage
Diagram of hoses

monstacropn

monstacropn

Very interesting.

One quick question. You mentioned that the geothermal tubing that is in the ground is slotted or has holes in it, what effect will ground water have in the tubing if it rains?
At 9' below ground surface it doesn't rain, lol only the sealed hoses are exposed to or even close to the surface. I got 2 15' sealed hoses and attached them to the ported hose at 9 ' mark

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
At 9' below ground surface it doesn't rain, lol only the sealed hoses are exposed to or even close to the surface. I got 2 15' sealed hoses and attached them to the ported hose at 9 ' mark
LMAO I don't think that it rains Underground.
I guess you really didn't understand the angle of my question.

If that hundred foot of coiled tube is not sealed and solid tubing you could be setting yourself up for failure. Ground moisture + warm air = perfect breeding grounds for bad bacteria, which is then pumped right into your sealed grow. Hope you realize a hepa filter is needed on your intake if indeed the recirculating air is exposed to raw ground.

monstacropn

monstacropn

If that hundred foot of coiled tube is not sealed and solid tubing you could be setting yourself up for failure. Ground moisture + warm air = perfect breeding grounds for bad bacteria, which is then pumped right into your sealed grow. Hope you realize a hepa filter is needed on your intake if indeed the recirculating air is exposed to raw ground.
Thank you for info and will apply it if you could link the filter you're referring to; as I know of the threat of bad bacteria but don't know what filter should be used. Also as you said to apply it to intake to stop the bacteria from forming down there?

monstacropn

monstacropn

is charcoal filter the same as Hepa as far as filtering? If not do u know of a place who sells 8' inline hepa

Dunge

Dunge

I am entirely confused by this posting.
If this is simply a effort to warm the soil by by pumping air through tubes in the ground than that is not geothermal.
Geothermal is the extraction of heat energy from soil to heat other things.
Pumping warm air through tubes in the ground is a common way of warming soil in interior Alaska.
But if this is what you are attempting to do it sounds to me like your system is not very well engineered.
With all the energy you are putting into your fan you might just as well put a heat pad down there.
I apologize if I am completely missing the idea here. I will admit to being confused.

monstacropn

monstacropn

I am entirely confused by this posting.
If this is simply a effort to warm the soil by by pumping air through tubes in the ground than that is not geothermal.
Geothermal is the extraction of heat energy from soil to heat other things.
Pumping warm air through tubes in the ground is a common way of warming soil in interior Alaska.
But if this is what you are attempting to do it sounds to me like your system is not very well engineered.
With all the energy you are putting into your fan you might just as well put a heat pad down there.
I apologize if I am completely missing the idea here. I will admit to being confused.
Geo thermal goes both ways for cooling and heating as you can see from the graphs above. Summers here average 104 and winters almost freezing. I have already completed test that show significant test numbers that shows it's a working concept that reduces heat in summer and have to wait for winter to finish testing I am getting a hepa filter for Geo before I run it continuous to gain exact numbers.. Now if it drops temperature 15 degrees lets say; and the temp is 104 that bumps it down to 89 so how much effort would my A/C use to drop it down another 10 degrees? Not very much at all and the fan is speed dialed and consumes a fraction the A/C uses. Therefore actually it's not a concept but a prototype now.

B

BarbaraMarti

Amazing stuff very clearly you saw your all plan how we can make geo thermal grow shed. But it would be better if video should not be vertical. Because to see we need to rotate our neck to check out video.

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

Depending where water table is this can in fact be a issue
being a sealed room moisture is going to be killer i would of re wired my panel box on the outside somewhere or made a different room and all AC , humidty tools outside the box making a lung room sorta which will create less heat inside actual grow as well more space ..
now i have messed with geo thermal its you need a good conductor and water is pretty much the best we have used GHP s
Geo thermal heat pumps that not only heats homes but cools them as well :)
interesting looking forward to see how this works trial and error
but i think glycol, or water looped systems are more efficient
Geo thermal not only heats but should cool as well why you got that AC unit in there lol

monstacropn

monstacropn

Amazing stuff very clearly you saw your all plan how we can make geo thermal grow shed. But it would be better if video should not be vertical. Because to see we need to rotate our neck to check out video.
lol yeah i'm not the best at filming but I'll work on it

monstacropn

monstacropn

Depending where water table is this can in fact be a issue
being a sealed room moisture is going to be killer i would of re wired my panel box on the outside somewhere or made a different room and all AC , humidty tools outside the box making a lung room sorta which will create less heat inside actual grow as well more space ..
now i have messed with geo thermal its you need a good conductor and water is pretty much the best we have used GHP s
Geo thermal heat pumps that not only heats homes but cools them as well :)
interesting looking forward to see how this works trial and error
but i think glycol, or water looped systems are more efficient
Geo thermal not only heats but should cool as well why you got that AC unit in there lol
I'm hoping I wont need the A/C but cant take the chance of it not being in there; it has a thermal plug in outlet that will kill the power or engage it only when needed. Also I have a De-humidifier inside as well that will eliminate excess humidity . I just got my filter for intake to eliminate harmful spores and mold; so now I'm starting up the shed today

Top Bottom