About Ready For Harvest, Feedback Welcomed

• Thread starter Purple20
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Purple20

Put one baby in a dark room yesterday but that ones drastically different then this guy. Kinda stuck between letting this one stay out and dense up or just chopping it down tomorrow. Anyone wanna throw your 2 cents in feel free. Still in my forst couple grows and this guys delicious but different then what ive grown.

About ready for harvest feedback welcomed
About ready for harvest feedback welcomed 2
About ready for harvest feedback welcomed 3
About ready for harvest feedback welcomed 4
About ready for harvest feedback welcomed 5
About ready for harvest feedback welcomed 6
gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Looks close to me man i have a rule when ya think its done wait 2 weeks ya can scope the trics and see how amber they are . i prefer extra stony weed so i let mine go pretty far

P

Purple20

Looks close to me man i have a rule when ya think its done wait 2 weeks ya can scope the trics and see how amber they are . i prefer extra stony weed so i let mine go pretty far
Yeah thought i was ready to cut a while ago thank god i didnt. Im starting to get some rot though and the weather is getting wet so im in a loop on what to do with her

BioStimz

BioStimz

It's not going to densen up. I noticed a familiar discoloration in those pics (and that was before you mentioned anything).

Yank it out now, or you're gonna regret it.

~

dan1989

dan1989

Dark green leaves= bad taste = long slow dry and cure. Not being negative, just made this mistake before and learned the hard way. Fan leaves at harvest should ideally be pale yellow without yellowing affecting the buds/sugar leaves...

If your leaves are dark green it means there is plenty of nutrients present and feed strength (not frequency) should be decreased until they go a nice light green colour. This will give you enough time to back right off the nutes until harvest time and leach the remaining chems from the plant before the chop. My two cents...

BioStimz

BioStimz

If you let that sit any longer.... you might as well scrap the whole thing.

Are you seeing how the trichomes are discoloring near the arrows. I can't see the image too sharply, but some of that bud-leaf tissue looks like brown.... not purple.
20171010 183644

So unless I'm just seeing wrong.... she's losing THC as we speak. Past-due.

~

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
If you are getting rot pull man shes not worth loosing

BioStimz

BioStimz

Put one baby in a dark room yesterdaStill in my first couple grows and this guys delicious but different then what ive grown.

So there's an obvious lack of trich production up on top, but what would you say that was attributed to.... genetics. Lack of growth due to weather?

How far are you in? Didn't see much fan yellowing.... yet the trichomes on the top of the colas look over-done.

~

Last edited:
BioStimz

BioStimz

How far are you in? Didn't see much fan yellowing.... yet the trichomes on the top of the colas look over-done.
So we've got fan leaves that haven't reached senescence and coinciding with that, the flowers have a low [density] of trichomes.

Two obvious signs the plant that hasn't reached maturity.

So I'm just trying to understand why the trichomes on top are so over-done?

~

Ariesgal64

Ariesgal64

If you let that sit any longer.... you might as well scrap the whole thing.

Are you seeing how the trichomes are discoloring near the arrows. I can't see the image too sharply, but some of that bud-leaf tissue looks like brown.... not purple.
View attachment 748960
So unless I'm just seeing wrong.... she's losing THC as we speak. Past-due.

~
Interested in further explanation on purple verses Brown. I had a purplish part on my one and only (1st time)

BioStimz

BioStimz

Ok so is the affected section isolated to that spot right by your thumb? Or are there other sections like that?

I circled the section which personally, I would remove ASAP. It would be a good opportunity to check the inner calyces near the stem itself to see how far it's spread.
20171011 132918

BioStimz

BioStimz

Interested in further explanation on purple verses Brown. I had a purplish part on my one and only (1st time)

When we're talking mold and humidity during ripening, it's a good idea to look for any kind of discoloration of the leaf matter.

When I see pigment changes from colorful to blah, or unusual trichome degradation patterns.... it usually means a section or two is getting cut out.

Top Bottom