Adjusting Hydroton For Ph And Ec

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

I'm preparing my hydroton and ph'd the water to 5.8. When I just went and checked on them the ph had risen to almost 8. That's in a 24 hour period

My question is should I be readjusting the ph back down to 5.8 until it balances or is the internal ph of the hydroton still at 5.8?

Sorry if that's a stupid question I just never read about people readjusting their hydroton solution.

Thanks and sorry for another post!

C

cannasaurus

hydroton is inert and shouldn't effect the pH up or down
what is in the water you are pH adjusting? nutrients?
what are you adjusting the pH with?

sometimes a pH correction can go back to the way it was but not due to the hydroton having an effect

S

Shawnery

Yeah I get that it's not the hydroton or shouldn't be but it still happened. I'm adjusting with phosphoric acid.

Water is not an RO but it removes chlorine and chloramine among 99% of everything else. I treated the water with h202 just incase any pathogens get through the filter.

My nutrients are dry nutes called Masterblend which is on the same level as Jack's. Just cheaper than paying for all that friggen water.

C

cannasaurus

if you got minerals like calcium in your water (tap water has them) that could be an issue. phosphoric acid can get eaten up by those minerals. I've only seen ROing take care of the problem.

the only other thing i can think of is if you're re-using hydroton and you got something on there like soap

Latest posts

Top Bottom