Advice Badly Needed On Affordable Ventilation

• Thread starter Creep420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Creep420

Creep420

Hello all, I have a question on ventilating a small tent.

-Currently I am using a 5 1/2’ tall by 3’ wide tent.
-200 Watt HPS Able to go up to 600w. (not a fan cooled hood)
-I have one Spinning fan cooling the canopy
-One small desk fan for an exhaust.
-Plants are about 30” beneath the light
-Roughly 75 degrees

My question is what is a cost effective way to cool this bad boy down when I want to crank the wattage up to 400w?
They are starting to bend towards the light as the wattage I am guessing is too low.
Would getting a 4” intake fan about 195cfm as an exhaust with the bottom tent flaps taken off cut it? It gets very very hot when it is turned up to 400w
Thank you in advance!

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Hello all, I have a question on ventilating a small tent.

-Currently I am using a 5 1/2’ tall by 3’ wide tent.
-200 Watt HPS Able to go up to 600w. (not a fan cooled hood)
-I have one Spinning fan cooling the canopy
-One small desk fan for an exhaust.
-Plants are about 30” beneath the light
-Roughly 75 degrees

My question is what is a cost effective way to cool this bad boy down when I want to crank the wattage up to 400w?
They are starting to bend towards the light as the wattage I am guessing is too low.
Would getting a 4” intake fan about 195cfm as an exhaust with the bottom tent flaps taken off cut it? It gets very very hot when it is turned up to 400w
Thank you in advance!
Any way to crack the tent open during light on? Honestly without sending in cooler air it’s hard just to pull air through and expect. Ideal temps

Creep420

Creep420

I have been doing just that. Luckily they are on 200 watts currently, and aren’t experiencing over heating.
Would you say that 200w would work fine for them until I send them into flower?
I don’t plan on getting them too tall. It’s a short tent

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I have been doing just that. Luckily they are on 200 watts currently, and aren’t experiencing over heating.
Would you say that 200w would work fine for them until I send them into flower?
I don’t plan on getting them too tall. It’s a short tent
Yea 200 should be ok , you plan on any training? Lst or scrogged net? If so then you can crank it up to 400 to help develop the canopy

Creep420

Creep420

I do plan on some training.
I did just switch them from a 300w LED set up in hopes the hps would bring better results. Once I made the switch, they experienced heat stress from the spectrum and temperature change. They would bend down and leaves would curl up. Even at 200w hps they seem to be a little stressed. So I am worried about cranking it up to 400. They are still adapting it seems . Since I don’t have much growing space heightwise left, I may send them into flower soon. I mean, they are 2 ft from the light. I am worried they will get burned by the light
I am new to this all honestly.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I do plan on some training.
I did just switch them from a 300w LED set up in hopes the hps would bring better results. Once I made the switch, they experienced heat stress from the spectrum and temperature change. They would bend down and leaves would curl up. Even at 200w hps they seem to be a little stressed. So I am worried about cranking it up to 400. They are still adapting it seems . Since I don’t have much growing space heightwise left, I may send them into flower soon. I mean, they are 2 ft from the light. I am worried they will get burned by the light
I am new to this all honestly.
She will adapt, you for any co2 in t here? You can get a yeast co2 w generator , but the higher light make sure u are bringing in fresh outdoor air to replenish the co2.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Praying up is ok but it indicitive of heat stress.

Creep420

Creep420

I may try a co2 generator. I’ve seen them made, seems simple. I keep the tent in my bedroom, so I have control over windows and air flow as far as the room itself is concerned. I just need to acquire an affordable intake for the tent.
They are about a foot tall. They really aren’t very big. It would suck to send them into flower, but I may need to simply invest in a bigger tent in the long run so I can get bigger plants with the light watt options. I’m reading they really shouldn’t be closer than 2 feet to a hps bulb?

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I may try a co2 generator. I’ve seen them made, seems simple. I keep the tent in my bedroom, so I have control over windows and air flow as far as the room itself is concerned. I just need to acquire an affordable intake for the tent.
They are about a foot tall. They really aren’t very big. It would suck to send them into flower, but I may need to simply invest in a bigger tent in the long run so I can get bigger plants with the light watt options. I’m reading they really shouldn’t be closer than 2 feet to a hps bulb?
Yea distance is critical in HID lighting. It’s why the scrog Méthod was developed to help tame the canopy and gain that distance but hps Also causes a huge stretch at flower so if have height issues now, you Will have issues at flower

Creep420

Creep420

I mean, the stretching isn’t horrible (Yet) But I know how fast they can grow, I’d rather avoid any issues :/
I should learn how to properly use the scrog method. It would definitely help in this situation.
I just know that the longer they spend under this light the harder they will stretch. Going on some sites and seeing if I can get the netting today

Top Bottom