Advice/suggestions Please

• Thread starter Gherb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Gherb

Hello folks,

So I am a couple weeks into flowering and I have some concerns. This is my first indoor grow and I'm loving it but like most new growers I learned some lessons the hard way.

1. I vegged way too long.

2. 6 plants are way too much for a 5'x5' grow tent.

3. LST is a lot of work and I went a little overboard with it.

4. I still don't get the whole ppm in, ppm out part of the grow.

My questions are:
1. I have 6 of these big bastards in my tent and starting another tent right now is not an option.
Should I:
a. Leave them to fight it out and hope for the best.
b. Defoliate the crap out of them to get some light in the canopy.
c. Kill 2 of the 6 or give them away to a friend. (That would break my heart)

Any suggestions on what do about the spacing would greatly appreciated. My 600 watt light just doesn't give enough ump.

My first adenture with LST was fine. I spent hours tying down branches and tucking them under. Is SCROG easier? It seems like you just tuck here then tuck here.

Will a 1000 watt hps provide enough light and coverage for a 5x5 tent?

In a 5x5 tent, bow long do you veg for 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 4 weeks, 6 weeks?

Last question, my plants look great they are doing what I them to do. However, I am using bloom nutes at 350 to 550 ppms. On Saturday I give straight water pH 6.8. The next day on sunday I give them about 450 ppm of bloom formula. No nitrogen burns and I see daily growth. My plants look healthy and happy.
It seems like with a good straight flush of water on day 1 and then another flush with light nutes that my runoff would be less than 2000 ppm. The most confusing part is I'm putting very little to get such heavy runoff.

Has anyone ever taken their hot runoff and diluted it back down to 400 ppms therm used it again? It seems like I could just keep doin that every week and stop using fresh nutes.

So is leaving my tent crammed full of plants going to hinder my harvest? Seriously, should I defoliate the crap out of them, kill or give away 2 of them, or ride it.

20161220 205214

Top Bottom