And You've Got Me Bloody Rental Car, Fear And Loathing In New Zealand...

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Worked for United Airlines and visited New Zealand 10 times back in the day. We would smuggle in QP of weed and mushrooms.
We also rented from Avis the old original Mini Cooper Rental car.
1st you rent it, then you wreck it, it's an Avis renta car was our motto. We were on handbrake holiday.
The Mini is front wheel drive. we would get some speed up and jerk the handbrake and got real good at spin outs long skids all sorts of stunts we could do, got real proficient.
We were drinking heavy in a pub one night and the locals were wondering what we were up to. We explained were on handbrake holiday and took several runs around town smoking weed and skidding handbrake, they loved it.
Come next morning at 6am there was a knock on the door of our hotel room and lo and behold it was the Avis agent and ministry of transport, the local cop.
He was really upset and told us to come have a look at your rental car. We got up and proceeded to the entrance of hotel where we discovered the rental parked the wrong way in front of hotel with a long skid mark behind, driver door open a huge chunder, vomit, on ground under drivers door, the sack of weed on dash..
All over town there were skid marks.
The Minester of transport was real mad stating if his wife was not in hospital birthing twins were would be in lock up.
The tires were wore out, flat surfaces due to excessive skidding and we had to pay for new tires and they took back the renter, so we rented from Hertz and off we went skidding as usual...
Many more tales to tell of our adventures to come.....

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
One day were sick with hangover. We were hitch hiking drinking bottled milk to ease the stomach. this Jaguar car stopped briefly and as soon as we grabbed our backpacks it took off. It did this several times till the lady got out and told us she was sussing us out to make sure were decent kids.
We got in and off we went. This lady Molly, had white hair, blue eyes, smoked non filter cigarettes and drove like a bat out of hell. I was in front seat and was bracing for a head on collision. She would pass slower cars with other vehicles coming head on, they call it center lane passing, scared the hangover out of us.
She insisted we visited her farm and meet her 3 sons, James, Phillip and Cedrick.
We got there and it was one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. rolling green hills full of sheep.
Her husband Ken was also a white haired blue eyed Kiwi and a very interesting chap. He became my inspiration to some day become a farmer. this man was so amazing, hard worker the love of farm, wife and kids was so The hardest working man I have ever met. Wonderful person. There farm produced more sheep per acre than any other farm in the southern hemisphere.
We rode farm motor cycles on endless green pastures, sat and ate incredible farm meals, lots of real butter and Hogget , older sheep, mashed potato's and green peas, delicious lamb sausage and eggs fro breakfasts.
The 3 boys were true Kiwis. What is a Kiwi?? Rugby, racing and beer, they did all three and were tops at all.
They rode farm bikes since they could walk and raced motor cross, the boys usually placed 1st 2nd and 3rd or very close to.
We returned every visit and had a ball.
One day James the oldest son wanted to try some weed. He was very paranoid as it's really illegal down there. We got a case of beer and headed up to a secluded spot in his Mazada car which he drove like a race car on roads he knew well fast as hell.
found some trees drank some beer and fired up several joints which as he said had no effect mate.
We drank up the beer and were starting to leave when all of a sudden he freaked out and stated...
I don't like this. if I was to be found up here in this condidtion in charge of a motor car I would be prosecuted straight away...
He did not want to drive so I took the wheel.
we got going no faster than 25 mph or so and he freaked out saying slow down were going to crash..
Funny this guy drove like he was in the Indy 500 constantly and was scared to death at 25 mph...
We made it home he did not wish to partake again...

Top Bottom