Any Help Would B Greate

• Thread starter tinderthumbs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

think its K def but I have changed nothing still the same soil and nute as before and never had plants in veg go funny thinking its bc they mother plant was lacking when I took the cuts so they where all ready on the edge of it does seem to be more mid/top of the plant not sure where to go from here even some of them the tops are tacoing and turning in to a black mush never seen that before

soil is promix 3g planters some 5g

Any help would b greate
Any help would b greate 2
Any help would b greate 3
xenon730

xenon730

That don't look like no k def to me. How fast did this come on? Looks almost like leaf septoria to me. Can you take a photo of the tops? That's usually cause by root issues or fusarium. Is she or the mother outside or greenhouse? What do you feed exactly. This degree of deficiency would be rare and slow to come on in veg.

Last edited:
tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

I edited that post a lot as i looked more. I'm not saying its anything yet but you're saying it took weeks?
yah it started with what looked like mag def then so I gave it mag seem to of stopped it then them lil spots started showing up they start light then turn red then brown

xenon730

xenon730

Yeah wow that would be the latest k deficiency in veg to my eyes. Definitely looks like very late stage k def. I've never seen one go far enough to actually cause rot in new growth. When I'm looking at something ill go and grab my books and read and this definitely syncs up with late late k deficiency.

Your description definitely almost mimics this book here ill shoot it for you lol. This is your ed rosenthals growers handbook ask ed edition. None of these books are perfect but this one is consistently more correct than the other 4 i also have to compare it against. In 9 years I've never seen a k def that bad in veg and I've done it in purpose but never past 4 weeks.

20170727 224128
tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

That don't look like no k def to me. How fast did this come on? Looks almost like leaf septoria to me. Can you take a photo of the tops? That's usually cause by root issues or fusarium. Is she or the mother outside or greenhouse? What do you feed exactly. This degree of deficiency would be rare and slow to come on in veg.
the last pic is of the top of that plant

they are in a back room I feed them earth juice 1 tb per gallon

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

Yeah wow that would be the latest k deficiency in veg to my eyes. Definitely looks like very late stage k def. I've never seen one go far enough to actually cause rot in new growth. When I'm looking at something ill go and grab my books and read and this definitely syncs up with late late k deficiency.
yep that is what my book are saying as well I even flushed them did not seem to do much

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

yep looks the like info in my book as well

don't know what to do really not sure if I should flush more or dump nute on them

SANY0253
xenon730

xenon730

yep looks the like info in my book as well

don't know what to do really not sure if I should flush more or dump nute on them
Yeah i checked that book also. It's far more descriptive about it. I was gonna shoot that one for you too about the rot lol. I use my own test notes also but they never went necrotic in the same way as yours so it looked alien at first.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

I don't know about ppm never had a reader kicking my self now
Im thinking a lock out as well I flushed then splash of nute on each plant

xenon730

xenon730

I Can tell you your ppm if you use popular products And list the amounts for me. What are you feeding and are you using promix hp?

xenon730

xenon730

this is what Im using
I haven't used earth juice very much but i have tons of experience with retail promix. That is promix hp with their organic fertilizer added. It depletes usually in about a month to 6 weeks of rapid growth and usually as stretch is ending when flowering. Youre basically growing in soilless now, peat and perlite. I would start feeding half strength grow regularly with a half strength shot of meta k just to get things rolling. You could just feed full strength bloom actually because the pro mix is full of n. The fertilizer they put in it is 20 8 8 so.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

I haven't used earth juice very much but i have tons of experience with retail promix. That is promix hp with their organic fertilizer added. It depletes usually in about a month to 6 weeks of rapid growth and usually as stretch is ending when flowering. Youre basically growing in soilless now, peat and perlite. I would start feeding half strength grow regularly with a half strength shot of meta k just to get things rolling.

so no flush feed half strength and a booster of mera k

what should the ph be with a basically soilless mix? does that lean on the lower side like coco?

xenon730

xenon730

so no flush feed half strength and a booster of mera k

what should the ph be with a basically soilless mix? does that lean on the lower side like coco?
Yupp. 5.8-6.2. You could feed the bloom formula cause there's probably some n still in there. The fertilizer they add to it is 20 8 8. Do you use catalyst in veg? It's a kelp humic+ iirc and could be used once or twice a week. I would wait to use it but if you want to add a little more food.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

Yupp. 5.8-6.2. You could feed the bloom formula cause there's probably some n still in there. The fertilizer they add to it is 20 8 8. Do you use catalyst in veg? It's a kelp humic+ iirc and could be used once or twice a week. I would wait to use it but if you want to add a little more food.
well that might be it right there I was ph at 7 then thought was to high so dropped it to 6.5
I do not use the cata in veg

Top Bottom