Anyone Heard Of Stem Splitting? Does It Work?

• Thread starter Betico
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Betico

Betico

Ok so I came across something I've never heard of called "stem splitting". You're supposed to do it 3 days to a week before harvesting and it's supposed to increase the THC levels by 20% any ever have any luck with this or tried it? I'd like some more info and explanation if possible.

Anyone heard of stem splitting does it work
Anyone heard of stem splitting does it work 2
Anyone heard of stem splitting does it work 3

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Ok so I came across something I've never heard of called "stem splitting". You're supposed to do it 3 days to a week before harvesting and it's supposed to increase the THC levels by 20% any ever have any luck with this or tried it? I'd like some more info and explanation if possible.

View attachment 659187 View attachment 659188 View attachment 659189
Yup i have used knifes, screwdrivers, nails, staples... the goal is just to shock the plant into finishing. Using fridge water works too... put your bottles of water in the fridge over night and give your plants 35-40 degree water for the last 2 waters

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Yes I've used it a few times int was so many years back now I can remember if it did anything it claimed to do only thing I can say it gives you a good anchor point to hang your plants up using a bent pice of wire as a hook slide that through the split job done .

Betico

Betico

Yup i have used knifes, screwdrivers, nails, staples... the goal is just to shock the plant into finishing. Using fridge water works too... put your bottles of water in the fridge over night and give your plants 35-40 degree water for the last 2 waters
Would you say there's a right or wrong way of doing this? I'd like to try it out. Where would the best place to cut be? At the base of the stem or into each main branch of the colas?

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Why wild you intentionally stress your plant like this? Healthy plats=healthy harvest
Its a way to finish long flowering strains quicker. Uvb and temp shock work great. Shoving a nail through the stalk shocks the plant into pushing out all of its protection for the survival of the seeds. Cold water does the same thing making the plant think its fall... cold water also lowers electric conductivity and brings out anthocyanins.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Two types of living cells,
Animal and plant. Plant cells are VERY different than animal cells. They have cell walls we do not. So comparing to a human in any respect is null and void. Not meant to be offensive, I just see ppl compare their nitrogen based plants to carbon based life forms and makes no sense to me.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I can agree with that to some point but take a metal rod ad shove it threw your leg after doing a marathon and let me know how ya feel about working hard right after
Lactate dehydrogenase is just one example of a stress factor.
LDH is a key enzyme in anaerobic respiration. Anaerobic Respiration is the conversion of pyruvate into lactate acid in the absence oxygen.
This same enzyme is found in humans and plants.
When a humans LDH1 is over their LDH2 they likely just had a heart attack and and the cells are trying to repair damage.
I have done a little study in stress hormones and enzymes and cant find a clear link between plants an animals but i do believe the link is anaerobic respiration between plants and animals.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I can agree with that to some point but take a metal rod ad shove it threw your leg after doing a marathon and let me know how ya feel about working hard right after
Ah, you just hit the appropriate stresser (depending on whom you talk to) when you mentioned the marathon.

It's like the debate, wind on the plants or not? Wiggle them around or not? In my experience with things like trees (I'm leaving that cut of AC/DC out of this discussion, that girl is just WEAK, nothing I did got her stronger) if you tie them up and support them constantly, you're always going to have to and can expect some other problems to pop up. Instead, let them experience snow load, let them experience wind, etc, and you'll get a stronger plant.

I mean, quite literally, stress is one of the huge drivers of evolution, right? :D

Now, I've never done what's being discussed here, honestly because I didn't think there was anything to it. But I'm willing to keep my mind open.

N

Nog

I thought this stuff was discredited years ago; ie hang them upside down after harvest so the resin goes to the heads, hammer a nail through the stem, split the stem, don't water days before harvest etc.

Problem is because of long term illegality, there have been no scientific tests done.

Light leaks cause hermies is another old wives tail.

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

I understand the logic behind this theory but i have a very hard time believing there is any quick last minute fix to significantly increase quality. That comes from all the everyday little things throughout a plants life. I could see this method cause a plant to finish faster but i highly doubt it will make any significant difference on quality while potentially hindering yield since you are stressing your plant.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

what I have read on it you do it bc the plant knows it its dyeing so it trys to get its geno to go on so when it is a fem plant it will make the buds super ripe and dank so bugs will be more likely to fine it and pollinating it

on a male plant will ramp the pollin up big time so it will have a better chance of pollinating something so its geno will go on

have also seen it in poppy plants put a hole in the stalk to get more poppy ozz

all in all u want the plant as a lot of people all ready said to know its done for so it does every thing it can to live on some how

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

only got herm when I had light leak so might b a lil true on that one

Top Bottom