Aquashield info

• Thread starter St3ve
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
St3ve

St3ve

Hey gang, I had a question for Botanicare about running Aquashield and thought I would share the response for anyone who needed it also.

My question was: "I am currently trying your Aquashield product in my undercurrent hydroponic system. If you are not familiar with this system, it is a recirculating deep water culture with a separate top off reservoir.The instructions on the bottle recommend 5-15ml per gallon, per week. My question is, should I add the Aquashield directly to the pot/root mass, or should I add it to the (100g) top off nutrient reservoir? With nutrients, adding them directly to the system is not recommended by the manufacturer of the hydroponic system. Therefore I have premixed nutrients ready in the reservoir. However, I don't know how Aquashield best fits into the equation. Do I add it to the reservoir where it could potentially sit without any organic matter to react with or do I add it straight into the system?"

and the response:
"Steve,
Thanks for using our product Aquashield! This product creates a natural and beneficial growing environment at the root zone of your plants. This product is derived from composted poultry liter which has natural occurring bacteria that build a symbiotic relationship with your plant roots. In order to be as effective as possible, you want to apply this product directly to the roots. Dilute to the recommended dosage and hit each plant site directly. Aquashield can be mixed with any nutrients but is best if used right away. If it must be stored in a reservoir, use airstones to keep oxygen in the solution, adding some Sweet will feed the microbiology present in your nutrient solution. Use these pre-mixed solutions within 10-14 days.
Good luck!" - Manufacturer's Representative /BOTANICARE

Happy Growing :harvest:

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Thx for sharing that info St3ve! Botanicare has great tech support... On a side note, I added airstones to my topoff res to keep it oxygenated... :cool

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

I'd skip the sweet, stock answer from Botanicare for sure. Correct in theory but a UC doesn't operate best with thriving microbes......just benny microbes being present to inhibit pathogens from proliferating if conditions become less than optimal.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Oops... I totally skipped over the sweet info! That's a grain of salt that I believe in for sure... I'll keep sugar in my coffee instead... :nod

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

I dilute mine with 3 gallons of water and dump it slowly to the epicenter I also turn off the air pump to the epi.
Works for me

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Sup BG... are you referring to AquaShield or Sweet? :wondering

St3ve

St3ve

I'd skip the sweet, stock answer from Botanicare for sure. Correct in theory but a UC doesn't operate best with thriving microbes......just benny microbes being present to inhibit pathogens from proliferating if conditions become less than optimal.

I think the sweet was just to keep things going in the top off res as a back up. The first recommendation was to just add to each site and NOT add the sweet to the system.

B

bangbang24

So what exactly is the deal with running SWEET to feed the little guys? I'm running GREAT WHITE + SWEET @ 2.5ml/gal and things seem to be fine... Ph is stable, no swings.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
So what exactly is the deal with running SWEET to feed the little guys? I'm running GREAT WHITE + SWEET @ 2.5ml/gal and things seem to be fine... Ph is stable, no swings.
Sup bangbang24... Are you crown feeding Great White or adding to the Epicenter? Also what application rate are you adding Great White? Last question... Can we see some shots of your 6kW UCE setup? :wondering

St3ve

St3ve

The deal is that if you are going to add some bennies to a top off res before it has roots and other by products to feed on, then you'd need to add Sweet to keep them alive while they wait for the system.

If you are just adding the bennies to the root system then you can skip the sweet.

Top Bottom