Asian Fantasy Info Needed

• Thread starter C4lif4Kush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

C4lif4Kush

I’m about 6weeks into flowering on some Asian Fantasy plants. Great aroma. Strain seems to have no problem getting big. A lot of foliar feeding in veg produced some great growth,(brings to mind whether roots are properly developed/equipped to handle root absorption in flowering if anyone has thoughts/info.. first time I Foliar fed so heavy.) not super dense clusters but have a huge number of bud sites developing. Buds look typical to a sativa, lot of smaller popcorn buds. Never grown the strain before. This strain was from bare woods I think, bud was excellent; distinct in almost every way appearance,smell,taste,high. any info on pruning, yield, flower time etc would be appreciated. They look similar to Durban poison I’ve grown in the past but hesitant to treat them as such just yet

C

C4lif4Kush

82CA4FD8 79EF 49C1 B6FA 6EAB21962DB9
07953871 984D 40E2 B714 EE473E3EFD86
58F1F64A 411A 4CD5 B531 DA5FA5729424

Grows very vine like. Didn’t help that I topped them early in veg. (DE 1000w burns too hot to let them grow tall) Buds are pretty small in comparison to other strains I’ve grown but bud sites couldn’t be more plentiful. Naturally I feel like heavy pruning and lollipopping the middle and lower sections would definitely help but I only have two AF plants flowering right now I wanted to see how they grew unaltered(save for the topping done early in veg). Given their size I would’ve expected half a lb to a lb easily from each one but I think I’ll be lucky to get a 1/4 lb each. Tough to say at the moment. The potency is surprising, especially considering the finish smoke I was lucky enough to find the seeds in wasnt quite as potent but much more colorful. Definitely gives me the vibe of a strain that likes to be pruned heavy for yield, but I was hoping someone else might’ve been a little more versed with the strain. Thanks in advance for the help!

C

C4lif4Kush

The plants were close to two months in veg from seeds. And I’m not sure if I originally mentioned but I Foliar fed them very heavily throughout veg, so heavy (multiple times a day somedays) it brought to mind how capable the roots would be to absorb nutrients once flowering started and foliar feeding was stopped entirely. Mostly wondering if the plant would have developed a lot of new growth (the massive vine like growth I see) to help compensate for the roots inability to provide for the plant of its size once foliar feeding was stopped... just a thought. One thing I was especially curious about was foliar feeding during flowering, just the loose and inadequate lower growth and middle growth. It seems to boost growth considerably. Perhaps just the very new growth you wouldn’t mind not smoking at the end... curious because I tried it briefly with a few plants of a different strain in flowering and was surprised at how much new growth flourished in such a small amount of time.

Top Bottom