Auto Cheese And Auto Power Plant

• Thread starter Megalith1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Megalith1

Megalith1

After a good first grow with og kush in soil with mars 300w and biobizz nutes which I got 2oz dry off 1 plant I am now starting another only this time autoflower.
This time I have switched to canna terra pro plus instead of allmix and doing an auto chees and auto power plant in 10ltr pots

Whitesnake

Whitesnake

Are you starting in 10ltr pots? Do you completely saturate your grow medium to runoff? What is your watering/feeding schedule?

Thats a moderately large container to start seeds in. I've never grown auto's and I dont know what your water/feed schedule is but if your water/feed intervals are above 4-5 days my limited experience says to xplant into 1 gallons and then into 3 gallons so there is a 3-4 day water/feed frequency. My first grow was in 5 gallons for flower and towards the end they only wanted water every 8-9 days which is far too long. Cannabis likes frequent dry/wet cycles to facilitate oxygen intake by the roots. I'm no expert by any stretch just my 2c that any small plant in a 10ltr pot is at risk for either overwatering or fertilizer salt buildup. I just transplanted my 6 weekers into 3 gallon pots (10ltr) and they want water every 3-4 days. In the 1 gallons they wanted water every 2-3 days.

Good luck either way amigo, it's a weed so it's a relatively tolerant plant. I'm interested to see how the grow goes

Megalith1

Megalith1

Are you starting in 10ltr pots? Do you completely saturate your grow medium to runoff? What is your watering/feeding schedule?

Thats a moderately large container to start seeds in. I've never grown auto's and I dont know what your water/feed schedule is but if your water/feed intervals are above 4-5 days my limited experience says to xplant into 1 gallons and then into 3 gallons so there is a 3-4 day water/feed frequency. My first grow was in 5 gallons for flower and towards the end they only wanted water every 8-9 days which is far too long. Cannabis likes frequent dry/wet cycles to facilitate oxygen intake by the roots. I'm no expert by any stretch just my 2c that any small plant in a 10ltr pot is at risk for either overwatering or fertilizer salt buildup. I just transplanted my 6 weekers into 3 gallon pots (10ltr) and they want water every 3-4 days. In the 1 gallons they wanted water every 2-3 days.

Good luck either way amigo, it's a weed so it's a relatively tolerant plant. I'm interested to see how the grow goes
Well they just sprouted yesterday so I plan just to water around seedling and not the whole pot and I will expand outwards as they grow .
I started in 10ltr pots because I thought due to the fast lifespan of autos transplanting may stunt growth ...only on my second grow and first time with autoflower so I will read the plants and listen lol

Whitesnake

Whitesnake

Definitely watch and listen to the plants, they'll tell you what they need. If you're not watering/feeding to full medium saturation I would advise going lighter on the nutes because the unused nutes won't be able to work themselves down and out which leads to nutrient salt buildup. Cannabis can grow well with low nutes in veg and if anything you can foliar feed and add only a bit of water every few days to the soil.

In a 10ltr pot if you were to completely saturate the growing medium to runoff your water/feed intervals will be WAY too infrequent, if you don't saturate to runoff the fertilizer salts will buildup and cause lockout or toxicity.

If they're already in their final container either transplant a 5" x 5" scoop with plant into a smaller container or lightly foliar feed with an acceptable foliar feed complete nutrient as well as just enough water to your growing medium that it completely dries within 5-6 days (pref 3-5 days) OR half foliar feed half strength complete nutes with half to quarter recommended dose soil drench NOT to soil saturation to runoff. Cannabis likes frequent (3-7 day total) dry/wet cycles to facilitate root oxigenation/growth. Oversaturating your grow medium will kill your roots and invite root rot or insect pests.

Whitesnake

Whitesnake

Also you shouldn't feed any fertilizer until the plant is at least 7" tall, there are enough nutrients in the any soil or seed to facilitate growth until the 6th-8th node formation

Whitesnake

Whitesnake

Good luck amigo. Ganja is a pretty hardy plant so it can take a beating and do ok, just watch them for signs of stress- they'll tell you what they need. First thing i'd look for if they're already in the 10ltrs is overwatering- leaves wilting and feeling "full", underwatering and overwatering look very similar except underwatering the leaves feel dry and papery while overwatering the leaves feel almost moist but with both there is wilting so it's difficult to tell. If you're growing in coco it'll be harder to overwater as the coco drains somewhat quickly. Just keep asking questions if you aren't sure about anything.

One thing that helps me tell when the girls need water is to weigh the pot. For example - my 1 gallon pots weigh ~2lb 6oz dry and about 4lb immediately after watering. So you could get a more definitive estimate of soil moisture than the "pick up and feel how heavy the pot is" or the "somewhat dry up to 1-2 knuckles deep into the topsoil" methods.

Again, good luck and happy harvests

Megalith1

Megalith1

Well it's been 7 days since the beans sprouted through soil properly and so far all going well even though the one is a bit lanky and needed propping up .
I have been water daily being careful not to drown them lol with a bit of algamic foliar inbetween
20170808 143825
20170808 143813

Megalith1

Megalith1

So my fellow farmers ...seems my little and often approach on watering is working with just plain water and added algamic ....not sure when to start nutrients as I'm 14days in from breaking soil on a 20 &4 light cycle....i will be using biobizz nutes. Any info would be great
20170814 110559
20170814 110608
20170814 110614

Megalith1

Megalith1

20170825 120112
So here is my latest update .
Both plants seem to be doing well taken to nutrient schedule well just gotta figure out some sort of training so to maximise yield
20170825 120118

20170825 120112
Leew421

Leew421

You want to run no less than a gallon either water or feed. Always feed at a gallon and more than a gallon on plain water if possible. Salt will build up quick. Try not to add any pH up or down as it will jack your soil up. It is the buffer and will fix ph

Funk junky

Funk junky

yeah soil buffers ph. more important for soil ph to be correct which should be fine with that soil. some guys on her were getting around 9.7 I think and were saying you do need lower ph, but ph down will kill the beneficial organisms in soil but you can use organic cider

Megalith1

Megalith1

20170908 165044
So we are 5 weeks in and from what I can tell things are looking good ..temps at a constant 26.6c and humidity ranges between 45-55% depending on weather .....uped the nutrient levels and introduced cal mag
20170908 165118
20170908 164836
20170908 164846

Monster762

Monster762

Well they just sprouted yesterday so I plan just to water around seedling and not the whole pot and I will expand outwards as they grow .
I started in 10ltr pots because I thought due to the fast lifespan of autos transplanting may stunt growth ...only on my second grow and first time with autoflower so I will read the plants and listen lol
I'm planning to try autoflower soon as I harvest this run. They say start autos in the pot you're going to finish in for exact reasons you stated. I've never grown one yet but reading up on em now. I never see any delays when I transplant. I transplant carefully. Soil never falls apart or anything. Maybe I'll run 1 in finishing pot and go 1 gal 3 gal 5 gal like I do photoperiods with another seed. Same strain auto. Just to see what's really better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom