• no

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • im a dummy

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
Classic Remix

Classic Remix

whats up guys...

just hoping to get some insight from ANYBODY THAT GROWS INDOORS why the fuck you would use and/or want and autoflowered strain that you cant mom/clone/keep or anything, ESPECIALLY when you control your own light schedule....

seems retarded to me...can someone shed some light??? and please dont say beginners, thats like teaching a skater to skate mongo just because he can.... nah do it the right way or not at all IMHO, because your training up until the real shit will be WRONG.

opinions?? i know there are some breeders on here that do. i totally understand outdoor autos with where your at blah blah blah, but all i see is indoor autoflowers, and a lot of people are fucking doin em next to regs!?!?

WTF why would i want ANY roadside nebraska weed in my strain, even at 1%

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
Cant think of any reason...

I grew out the original Lowrider many years ago and it was horrible!

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

two people already voted "no"

i'd love to see this stance... honestly not trying to start ANY shit, i want to know for educational purposes.....

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
Actually, I just thought of one benefit. I suppose you could throw a few in your veg room for an added little harvest now and again..

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

whats up guys...

just hoping to get some insight from ANYBODY THAT GROWS INDOORS why the fuck you would use and/or want and autoflowered strain that you cant mom/clone/keep or anything, ESPECIALLY when you control your own light schedule....

seems retarded to me...can someone shed some light??? and please dont say beginners, thats like teaching a skater to skate mongo just because he can.... nah do it the right way or not at all IMHO, because your training up until the real shit will be WRONG.

opinions?? i know there are some breeders on here that do. i totally understand outdoor autos with where your at blah blah blah, but all i see is indoor autoflowers, and a lot of people are fucking doin em next to regs!?!?

WTF why would i want ANY roadside nebraska weed in my strain, even at 1%
Hey I've heard great things about those Nebraska landraces. Dank as hell!

homebrew420

homebrew420

Ivoted "I'm a dummy," hahahahaha how could I not vote that?....sadly it is true:(
Yeah indoors if your limited on flower and have extra veg kinda like a freebie flower. Still gotta make it work of course so not free. Also as a breeding tool for sure taking the time down on hazes and Sativas is what i plan to use them for.

Imagin if you wil...... Auto Malawi? Panama? Thai? that might be kinda fun. but I agree that these are generally made for early outdoor. Can't wait ot get me hands on some

Peace

Illmind

Illmind

so ppl can get several outdoor harvest b4 winter.. and actually smoked a lowryder x ak that wasnt complete trash.. i did not gro it 4 the record n i never would dream of using that garbage either.. n fukk that gimme more veg space

squiggly

squiggly

Autoflowers are good for beginners.

They are very set-it-and-forget-it. They are generally very hardy as well, and can deal with over/under fert/water fairly well. Beyond that, there is a bit to be said for the ability to keep lights on 24/7 in terms of photosynthetic throughput. Grams/watt/time is probably a good measure of autoflower vs. everything else.

They tend to finish a bit faster, and so turnaround is better too.

I think there's no question, for an experienced grower who's all set up--there is no reason for these things, except I do kinda like that veg tent idea. I might grab an autoflower to toss in my veg tent just for shits.

It's also possible there are some strains around which pack a punch. If anyone knows of any, let me know--I'll toss one in the veg room :)

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

i just think its the wrong sort of start for a beginner.... i mean you should understand some general horticulture....i mean how hard is it REALLY to do AND understand cutting the lights back to half or 12hrs will induce flowering. BOOM. was that the only sentence people needed so autoflowers are now pointless?? haha

i started illegally too... i bought that gorge cervantes bible at barnes and noble.... first run i ever had under t5s was some of the stoniest shit ive ever had.... not auto just saying..

i think thats learning and starting off on the wrong foot. like using both feet to drive kind of thing... yeah it may be easier, but it will never be as good, and will always just fuck your mentality up when you get to the point where you want to grow good weed.

ive just been thinking a lot about breeding and such lately, and have seen somewhat "reputable" brands putting out autos.... im just curious as to why waste the time....

furthermore that either must be a BITCH to breed or just lazy whatever phenos are out there.... not being able to mom anything....

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

no i totally see where youre coming from. i really hate on hating on peoples opinions even if they differ, and i totally see where you're coming from.

I, however, see all of those points that you gave, just come with general beginners growing... really has nothing to do with auto's. i saw a closet cfl grow back in like 02 and was hooked... we come from very similar paths lol. any weed im sure you can just water with some MG soil and keep alive.... auto or not...

same thing... started with bag seed years ago and some cfl's, cant even tell you how many rubber maids i destroyed thinkin a micro grow was smart and efficient... ended up with only 2 females and maybe a zip and a half.... but still i never looked back LOL.

so i totally agree with you in a way, but in another thats general growing IMHO, not just auto's...

i still have to see making autos beneficial indoors... was hanging out all day checking out videos and such, our other countries forum has a shitload.... i wonder why everyone there is fixated on autos???

I just refuse to take "uneducated" or "easier" as an answer... because that should not be the case. i dont see how breeders can waste their time on stuff like that and actually sell it for profit to the masses without another reason LOL..... because if your gettin your green off peoples lack of education and "easy" i'd never see it as anythign anyone would want...

where is the marketing team of an auto company. haha.

squiggly

squiggly

i just think its the wrong sort of start for a beginner....

I think the difference of opinion has to do with the conception of what a beginner is.

For what I'm referring to, think an 85 year old trying to work a computer for the first time. That's the type of beginner I'm talking about. Not only someone who is just starting out, but someone who's experience really works against them.

There are plenty of such people out there as it regards horticulture and I think autoflowers are a great place to start for them.

The idea being:

First learn how to grow something, then learn how to grow something well.

You need to learn to select before you can use shortcuts to copy/paste--metaphorically speaking.

homebrew420

homebrew420

I have read on countless threads that these are not great outdoor plants when its raining. A bunch of folk reporting bud rot powdery etc.
I feel these types are not any more for a beginner than any other domestic commercial variety. Honestly from what I have seen and read. I will make the leap this spring, Sour 60 or something from Secret Garden, he has got some nice offerings.

K

KPW17

Hi, I am on my first grow the picture is of Mepheisto's Alien V Triangle, growing in coco with a small layer of play sand on top. Anyone have any idea what the yellowing is from? Let me know if you have any questions any help would be appreciated Thanks!!!

Seedling
K

kansabis

Depend on who's point you want? From the point of a breeder looking to constantly sell seeds and make money they are perfect,you can't clone em so you gotta keep buying more seeds.

gwheels

gwheels

Because autos finish in 10 weeks ? We have a 4 plant limit so cloning is not as useful under that criteria. There are some pretty decent autos out there. I have some auto kush ryder that is almost as strong as my kush photo i grew outside. And delicious. And i spent 40 bucks on seeds to get 3 OZ from autos and 3 OZ from a photo (4 plants 3 autos 1 photo). So it is still a pretty good deal :D

K

kansabis

Good point on the plant count. Didn't think of that cuz i have a 0 legal plant count here lol.

gwheels

gwheels

Autos are smaller for the most part but wow they have come out with some better producing strains. And 10 weeks means 5 runs a year. 5 X 8 (2 oz per) = 40 oz and I need 24 oz for personal consumption.
That being said I do like the strength of the photos i get. I always pick 23% and up ratings so the difference is there. Autos cap out at around 20 to 21% and a lot are more like 16. But a lot of people do not need 23 to 29% weed. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom