AZATROL/AZAMAX VS. MITES A SCAM??

• Thread starter cheaplastic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cheaplastic

cheaplastic

Ive been doing some research regarding the effectiveness of products such as Azatrol/Azamax/AzatinXL and i cant find one IPM publication/pdf that mentions AZADIRACHTIN's mode of action to be at all effective in controlling spidermites. I originally was drawn to the product AzatinXL (%3.o) because it 2X more concentrated than Azamax/Azatrol and appeared to be more cost effective. after reviewing the product label PDF it mentions nothing about spider mite control.

I found this strange, considering that both Azatrol/Azamax are quick to mention it is highly effective in spidermite control. So I thought to myself, how could a product (AzatinXL) that has the exact same active ingredient at 2X the concentration not be effective at controlling mites??

I decided to email OHP (The company that manufactures AzatinXL as well as the very popular miticide FloramiteSC.)

This is the response I received from the director of technical services:

"I have seen several labels (Azatrol/Azamax) that have suggested that azadirachtin will control mites but I have not seen any true results in over 20 years of working with this active. The most common mite mentioned on some labels is the tomato russet mite. Currently our Azatin label does not recommend for mite control. Hope this is helpful."

I have come to the conclusion that it seems as if General Hydroponics/Gordon's is lying and misleading us gardners. i have spoke with many other farmers that have followed the labels recommendations and have not seen any improvement with their mite populations..

Can SKILLED and ARTICULATE farmers chime with their own points of view on using these products and its effectiveness regarding spidermites?

southstreets

southstreets

Someone turned me onto this product recently that does work.. I don't have any mites but I'm keep some for a rainy day! It's called Abamectin....

cheaplastic

cheaplastic

Someone turned me onto this product recently that does work.. I don't have any mites but I'm keep some for a rainy day! It's called Abamectin....

Ah yes, Abamectin is generic avid. same mode of action. dont have any personal experience with it tho

southstreets

southstreets

Ah yes, Abamectin is generic avid. same mode of action. dont have any personal experience with it tho

It's actually used for keeping cows stomachs clean... I have a buddy who purposely isolated a plant and let mites infest it... One spray down with this stuff and everything was history! A lil pricey on e bay but it'll last you forever! If you need any info the university of kentucky did a lot of research on this product.. It's made outta fermented worm castings..

cheaplastic

cheaplastic

It's actually used for keeping cows stomachs clean... I have a buddy who purposely isolated a plant and let mites infest it... One spray down with this stuff and everything was history! A lil pricey on e bay but it'll last you forever! If you need any info the university of kentucky did a lot of research on this product..

Right on man! im gonna check this out tonite!

K

kushtrees

You need to be very careful when using avid. Respirator, goggles, gloves, coveralls etc. and of course only in veg.

Azamax is an effect control of spider mites from my experience. It does not kill them though, it is a insect growth regulator, so if you have them you need to combine it with something else. As a prevention though it works great.

As far as russet mite control azamax don't do jack shit. That's where avid and forbid are useful. Even floramite doesn't work against russets.

jyip

jyip

i use Exclude , made by whitmore i think,, comes ina tall aerosol can, and works well IMO,,, but bettewr as apreventative, and prolly need heavy artillery fora bad mite problem,,but for genral easy use, this works well for mites ,,, use LIGHTLY tho, or you will kill some v]leaves n shit

rvd

rvd

Ive been doing some research regarding the effectiveness of products such as Azatrol/Azamax/AzatinXL and i cant find one IPM publication/pdf that mentions AZADIRACHTIN's mode of action to be at all effective in controlling spidermites. I originally was drawn to the product AzatinXL (%3.o) because it 2X more concentrated than Azamax/Azatrol and appeared to be more cost effective. after reviewing the product label PDF it mentions nothing about spider mite control.

I found this strange, considering that both Azatrol/Azamax are quick to mention it is highly effective in spidermite control. So I thought to myself, how could a product (AzatinXL) that has the exact same active ingredient at 2X the concentration not be effective at controlling mites??

I decided to email OHP (The company that manufactures AzatinXL as well as the very popular miticide FloramiteSC.)

"I have seen several labels (Azatrol/Azamax) that have suggested that azadirachtin will control mites but I have not seen any true results in over 20 years of working with this active. The most common mite mentioned on some labels is the tomato russet mite. Currently our Azatin label does not recommend for mite control. Hope this is helpful."

I have come to the conclusion that it seems as if General Hydroponics/Gordon's is lying and misleading us gardners. i have spoke with many other farmers that have followed the labels recommendations and have not seen any improvement with their mite populations..

Can SKILLED and ARTICULATE farmers chime with their own points of view on using these products and its effectiveness regarding spidermites?
that stuff is garbage.people at my store buy that shit and come back to try somthing else.forbid from bayer is the best in the mite department spray once and dont see anything for at least 3 mounths.

urbanite420

urbanite420

A while back when I was picking up clones at that dispensary no one likes to name, I was also picking up mites and thrips. A regimen of Azamax did get rid of the infestation. Or so I thought.

Dips are Bullshit. You dip an infested plant. The mites and eggs fall off of the infected plant. The next plant that comes along gets dipped. You just introduced eggs and whatever resistant offspring to the cutting going out the door and into your garden.

After doing a lot of work...I realized it was the soap literally washing off the bugs and eggs while I sprayed the plants upside down into a bucket with my Azamax/Soap mixture that was getting rid of the bugs. I used soap (Ivory dish detergent (cuz its pure soap...is this an echo???)...at 1 teaspoon/Gal foliar feed) cuz it solublizes the Azamax better than with water alone.

Recently I was invaded by fungus gnats in a big way cus I was keeping a trash can in my grow space. I used Caps Bennies to get rid of them but I bought the Azamax anyways cuz I've become an outcome-driven worker (cuz of my job) but little did I know that Caps bennies would work faster than I thought.

My point...Save your money and pay attention to those seldom listened to voices out here...Not only WILL you save cash, but your meds will be better and safer to consume.

...And Kush trees hit it right on the head...

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

I've always questioned azatrol/azamax, hydro guy told me to buy it once but upon doing research. What is the real difference between those products w/ a high mark up and good old fashioned neem oil? The hydro store couldn't give me a straight answer. IMO all they are doing is calling something by it's scientific name, diluting it and then charging more for it... Does anyone wanna buy some high quality aqueos solution of magnesium-sulfate for 20 bucks a gallon!?!? any chumps... errr takers? jking

Cooter

Cooter

I've always questioned azatrol/azamax, hydro guy told me to buy it once but upon doing research. What is the real difference between those products w/ a high mark up and good old fashioned neem oil? The hydro store couldn't give me a straight answer. IMO all they are doing is calling something by it's scientific name, diluting it and then charging more for it... Does anyone wanna buy some high quality aqueos solution of magnesium-sulfate for 20 bucks a gallon!?!? any chumps... errr takers? jking
Psst.... Azamax is derived from Neem oil, both work pretty good, Neem is good for prevention and Azamax is good for infestations from my experience, the Azamax is a little pricy, but a 4oz bottle will last me a about a year.....When I'm strapped for cash a little Ivory bar soap and water at a ratio 100:1 (water to soap) is pretty magical as long as the critters are thoroughly drenched with the solution.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
It's funny because every time I see a thread like this anyone who says it doesn't work for spider mites either doesn't use it properly or doesn't use it long enough. I think you are looking for an instant kill which isn't what azatrol/azamax does. These product take a good month to a month and a half to fully kill the problem. The interrupt the life cycle of the insect. It will start contolling the first week of the application. You have to let the infestation run it's course. I have a gallon bottle of azatrol I bought over a year ago and I have never had mites except for once. This was pre azatrol. I Spray once a week with it. I laugh at mites because they have been the easiest thing to kill period. I don't know where this dunk suggestion came from but since it's systemic there is not need for it. At around $300+ a gallon that's an expensive endeavor.

Azatrol is Azadirachtin. Way more concentrated then neem oil. Also mixes with water a lot easier for better coverage. It is systemic so if you spray and drench the plant they will be gone. Also you have to be religious about spraying. Once every 3-5 days. flood once every 14 days. You miss days well then they wont die and you start over. Incests also can not build a resistance to it which is good for something like spider mites. I suggest you do your own research and don't rely on hydro store guys for all your info on products they prob haven't used. Avid? I would def read about how that's not supposed to be used on consumable crops. NASTY SHIT!!!!!!

rvd

rvd

azatrol once every 3 to 5 days for two mounths and if you miss a day you start over.thats funny shit.anything sistemic you are smoking in your buds.forbid is the real deal spray on leaves before 12-12 and your good to go.300 $ for 8 oz makes 200 gallons.one spray lasts 60 days should last about 10 years.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
azatrol once every 3 to 5 days for two mounths and if you miss a day you start over.thats funny shit.anything sistemic you are smoking in your buds.forbid is the real deal spray on leaves before 12-12 and your good to go.300 $ for 8 oz makes 200 gallons.one spray lasts 60 days should last about 10 years.
Grow shop carry? mites suck!

L-Immortal

L-Immortal

Ok listen up boys and girls if you want to rid these bastards forever (well almost) I cant guaruntee once mite free you wont bring in some jacked off infested clones from some fly by night collective. I've used everything, neem,sm-90,floramite,azatrol azamax,spray bombs, and many others (syatemic and non-systemic). Never in flower I only take care of moms and in pre-veg basically. I battled these fuckers for about a year straight and everytime I thought I won, I LOST. I won many battles but never the war until...

Ok one more precursor I have my genetics secure so NO clones are ever brought in for re-infestation. I guess by some random act of god I could theoretically have some on me and carry in and have another war on my hands but thats as likely as winning the mega millions lotto (not happening).

Here it is you can use azamax as your magic bullet (reccommended dose every 7 days) but the secret is the marines that finish the job. Marines you say? Yeah Californicus mites. I promise you if you are vigillant and your room isnt a "Pig Stye" you shouldnt have further issues.

Here is the recipe it'll take about 3-4 complete applications in this order
Day 1 spray azamax
Day 8 spray azamax
Day 9 Release the cracken (apprx 200 californicus) per plant
Day 16 spray azamax
Day 17 Release the cracken (apprx 200 californicus) per plant
Day 24 spray azamax

Why this works is that the azamax/azatrol will slow down breeding reproduction but not wipe them out. The californicus mites will swarm and eat any eggs as well as survivors and once no mites are left they will eat each other until the last californicus mite is left standing. They dont eat plants only mites/eggs and they are vicious little bastards, you will see body parts like battlefield earth once they do there thing.

You will need to hang small wax cups on the bottom branch as the californicus only go out and up,not down. Not sure why but just hang from bottom branch. They hatch over 3-4 days and are hungry and the only thing they munch are mites and eggs so guess what, yeah thats right they pillage everything. Your plant thrive with these gurdians as they do nothing to your ladies aside from protect from evil borg

This works but it is slightly expensive and labor intensive which is why most dont choose this route. If you follow to a "T" it'll work but you need to drop some dough for the mites. I was buying 10-15 k californicus per application and it is an 8k with apprx 12 plants per light. I tried many times with only one might application but you really need two. Knock on wood I have been mite free for the last year and pm free. My only small issue is stupid whiteflies but i'm looking into "caps packs" to eliminate the one small road bump.

Top Bottom