B.o.g. Sour Boggle Outdoor 2015

• Thread starter MajorPrune
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MajorPrune

MajorPrune

Hi All, here are my 5 Sour Boggle girls. I started them indoors on New Years Day under t5's. I hand-watered 6"pots with coco using GH FloraNova Grow. Starting at around 25 ppm I work my way up to around 500 at 45 days from sprout. It's quick, simple and works.
I set them to 12/12 at 60 days to set flower and separated the most vigorous male. I'm not set-up for selecting males beyond that...yet. I took him indoors and collected pollen.
I ended up with 6/11 girls from the pack. I continued to flower and pollinated the biggest pheno indoors.
I put them outside in at about 90 days in 1 bag of Happy Frog each. I'm going to compost my way to a fully raised garden so I just made mounds on the ground after I tilled down 2'with a rented walk-behind monster-tiller. As I live in a dry and relatively warm part of California, I can get a spring crop in the ground in March and harvest in May before they revert to veg. They reached to about 40" with stout dark green indica-ish stem and sativa-ish bushy branching.
These are tough plants as I was very rough on acclimatising them to chilly nights and full sun. I culled the weakest one and the rest came out great. Serious-Sweet-Rock-Hard-Nugs! I was very happy with the dense frosty rocks of very medicating body-stone bogglegum sweat smoke. It was very relaxing.

There seemed to be 2 main phenos, 1 broader leafed and thicker stemmed with a little less boggly sweat-funk, the other smaller and darker with a little bit more flex and more funk. Each plant had it's own peaks of greatness after the cure. The final bag-appeals were all in the 8,9,10's.
The girl I pollinated turned out to be the biggest but least(but still great) interesting odor. I liked #2 the best and will fully seed a branch in a few weeks with the pollen I collected.
I let them re-veg and I would say the hormones 'are strong in this one'. They didn't want to flip back! It took more than a month for the curly mutant leaves to stop.
They are now in pre-flower after shooting back up 6'. The phenos all expressed different growth patterns and the smaller ones are now the most vigorous and I can't wait to see them flower again.
In the pictures I just put up some screen to bend/ support the tops of the tallest 2.
Bog sour boggle outdoor 2015
Bog sour boggle outdoor 2015 2
Bog sour boggle outdoor 2015 3
Bog sour boggle outdoor 2015 4

Pre-flowers
Bog sour boggle outdoor 2015 5

Missed a zip-tie :(
Bog sour boggle outdoor 2015 6

Relief...
Bog sour boggle outdoor 2015 7

Bog sour boggle outdoor 2015 8
BushyOldGrower

BushyOldGrower

You are quite the busy grower my fellow Californian! We have a thinner leaved phenotype we love and it tastes quite bubblegummy with a touch of kush or a Champagne Bubblegum.

Medical reports show it to be very effective for depression, PTSD and pain. It is a good daytime strain you can still get things done on.

Thanks for your nice report Major Prune... :) Bog

MajorPrune

MajorPrune

You are quite the busy grower my fellow Californian! We have a thinner leaved phenotype we love and it tastes quite bubblegummy with a touch of kush or a Champagne Bubblegum.

Medical reports show it to be very effective for depression, PTSD and pain. It is a good daytime strain you can still get things done on.

Thanks for your nice report Major Prune... :) Bog
You are welcome. I'm really happy w/ your gear. Being new to the forum, I never saw a bad word about you and I felt it my duty to share my progress. ;):)

Last edited:
MajorPrune

MajorPrune

DSCN0243 DSCN0240 Front and back

Dead straight side branching(I've forgoten the # at the monment)DSCN0236

This one spreads out moreDSCN0238

This "lil" one had a ridiculous bouquet and might be my new favDSCN0242

Here's to this project not trainwrecking w/pests or thieves. I had a plant yanked 2 years ago when they were right next to the fence. Now that/those shits have to run a gauntlet guarded by a 90 pound Boxer that goes right for your ankles.

Off to the day job!

MajorPrune

MajorPrune

I think I'm getting extra stretch and slow flower development across my whole grow. Anyone chime in if you see something or have ideas.

My soil ph is 7. When I fert it goes down to 6.5 and creeps back up after a few days. City water/drip system 8.2ph 300-400ppm. I'm in a Mediterranean climate zone. My temp and humidity swing pretty hard 50*-100*f and 35%-80% respectively. I also have some light pollution from the road and neighbors porch-light. I'm going to get some blackout plastic this weekend to eliminate that. I'm leaning towards the light being biggest factor as I found a low branch tucked deep in the middle and it has much better development than the rest of it's plant, unfortunately the pics of it came out for shit.

(the light green plant in foreground is not BOG)DSCN0244

(far right not BOG)DSCN0250

DSCN0252

DSCN0255

MajorPrune

MajorPrune

I got the light barrier up and it seems to have helped. My blood pressure's going down:woot:

Turns out my neighbor added 2 large MH lights to his new outdoor patio complex that I never saw. Being a working father, I go to bed early and didn't witness the spectacle of light until last weekend when he was entertaining family.:banghead:

Upper left is forming a cola already
DSCN0256

Just exploding
DSCN0260

Bursting at the seams.:joyful: DSCN0261

Starting to fill in.DSCN0257

knuckles full of meat, not puff.DSCN0259

Here's a pic of the inner branch that never got night-light. This is how they developed in the spring when they were 2-3' tall and blocked by shrubbery. Much more dense and already frosty. If the whole grow doesn't start to develop like this, it's my error.

DSCN0264

Rix Mix

Rix Mix

Hello major prune, nice plants:-)
I'm into BOG gear myself and hope it's okay if I play along with you.
Bogglegum. BMR, Sour Grape, Lifesaver, and Sour Strawberry are what I'm running and also ten other strains. Mostly BOG due to our short season in Maine.
Most of our plants are over ten feet wide and six feet tall. Is this pretty standard for BOG Gear?

Rix Mix

Rix Mix

A bogglegum with a mosaic defection? Wish we new if it was in the genes, because we have three different pheno Ty

Rix Mix

Rix Mix

Or on the blue moon rocks if it has a Bordeaux defection that I need to treat or is it just naturally deep purple. Either way she's budding beautiful and am excited:-)

MajorPrune

MajorPrune

Hello major prune, nice plants:)
I'm into BOG gear myself and hope it's okay if I play along with you.
Bogglegum. BMR, Sour Grape, Lifesaver, and Sour Strawberry are what I'm running and also ten other strains. Mostly BOG due to our short season in Maine.
Most of our plants are over ten feet wide and six feet tall.

That's an awesome farm there!

Is this pretty standard for BOG Gear?

This is my first run w/BOG but I'm thinking so, mine are just exploding. I put them way to close together lol.

Top Bottom