Back In The Game - 2x600w In A Tent

• Thread starter Eli Bloom
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Eli Bloom

Eli Bloom

this is my first time growing in damn near a decade!

My state recently passed recreational laws that allow me to have 12 plants in my home.

I currently have 8 plants sitting in 2 gallon smart pots in a 3x6 table in a 4x8 tent which leaves me room for gadgets like my humidifier and dehumidifier.

I'm running 2 air cooled 600w HPS and am injecting co2. Vegged under T5 for the most part.

My medium is gold label custom 80/20 which is 80% hydroton and 20% coco. Running DTW.

During veg I was trying house and garden nutes but kept having weird lock outs so I flushed down to ~40ppm runoff and switched back over to GH flora line which I have lots of experience with. Still using some of the H&G additives (Bud XL, top booster, and will use top shooter), some GH additives (diamond nectar and armor si), and using a light dose of bud candy by AN. I also used bud ignitor by AN.

This is my smallest grow ever but I've been out of the game for a long time. I'm pretty happy with how things are going so far.

I'm sticking pretty strictly to the VPD chart and would like to continue to do so, which means in the next few weeks I'll need an AC solution since my temps are around 82 and that means running RH in the 70's and I don't want any mold issues.

I keep lots of air moving all the time and have an autopilot environment controller to keep things dialed in. Running a small space heater at night to avoid massive fluctuations in temp.

Blue lab guardian monitor on my res and a small heater to keep the solution at 68 degrees. Res is outside of the tent.

Strains are Mary chino by unknown prophet (cherry pie x orange Tahoe), blueberry x snowlotus by bodhi, and a GG4 S1 from unknown prophet.

And some pictures! These were taken over the last few days (currently day 29 flower)

Back in the game   2x600w in a tent
Back in the game   2x600w in a tent 2
Back in the game   2x600w in a tent 3
Back in the game   2x600w in a tent 4
Back in the game   2x600w in a tent 5
Eli Bloom

Eli Bloom

Does anyone have any tips for air conditioning a tent?

I've read that portable AC's aren't very effective and they use a lot of electricity.

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

Epic grow Eli! I'm envious of those Dynasty bro. I grew out the Mrs. Universe and got 9 out of 10 females.

If there is a window in the room you're growing them in? Window A/C is quite a bit more efficient.

Are you running the Gorilla Glue S1 right now?

Eli Bloom

Eli Bloom

Epic grow Eli! I'm envious of those Dynasty bro. I grew out the Mrs. Universe and got 9 out of 10 females.

If there is a window in the room you're growing them in? Window A/C is quite a bit more efficient.

Are you running the Gorilla Glue S1 right now?

I'm in a tent right now and the tent is in my basement so I think the windows are too small for a window unit and I'd still have to duct it somehow.

I have like 6 window units sitting unused next to my tent lol.

I am running the GG S1 right now and she's getting bulky!

Glad to hear you had a good experience with the dynasty gear - I'm getting super excited to pop some! I'll probably do a run of blue magoo and the salmon river OG since they should both take ~9 weeks and I don't want to fuss with a second res and second irrigation setup.

The moose n lobsta has piqued my interest and I may grab pack of those and do pineapple fields and that as a subsequent run. Or run the PF and crater lake. I haven't had SSH in a long time and it would be nice to get it in the rotation from the crater lake!

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

Hmmm, well I guess you could do a water chiller? Unless you can get one of those window units to work for you.
Good to hear the GG is bulking up. That would be a fun one to run. Are you keeping clones mate?

Eli Bloom

Eli Bloom

Nah no clones from these. I dumped a fortune into this setup but after this harvest I'm going to get a mother/veg tent setup and I'll keep moms from my dynasty run.

I can get more clones of this gear locally if I want to run them again.

I thought water chillers were to keep your water cold in the reservoir. Are they used to cool rooms?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I grow in a basement with a. Portable ac unit. If your basement has glass block windows, if theu have a built in window that opens, you'll need to make a plexiglass insert to fit the window. Then use a 6" dryer duct. Cut hole for dryer duct. Silicone and screw securely. Runny our ac exhaust thru the new ducting. If no window, just glass block, you'll need to remove 1x block. Once again, grab a 6" dryer duct and silicone and secure in place. Run ac exhaust out that way.

Co2 isn't that great for tents. Your gonna waste a lot of co2. Also either a dual hose or single hose portable ac will suck out co2 air.

Eli Bloom

Eli Bloom

I grow in a basement with a. Portable ac unit. If your basement has glass block windows, if theu have a built in window that opens, you'll need to make a plexiglass insert to fit the window. Then use a 6" dryer duct. Cut hole for dryer duct. Silicone and screw securely. Runny our ac exhaust thru the new ducting. If no window, just glass block, you'll need to remove 1x block. Once again, grab a 6" dryer duct and silicone and secure in place. Run ac exhaust out that way.

Co2 isn't that great for tents. Your gonna waste a lot of co2. Also either a dual hose or single hose portable ac will suck out co2 air.

Thanks for the tip!

Does smell come out too with a dual hose? I thought a dual hose is sort of a closed loop system and wouldn't suck out co2 or smells.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Yes, it will suck out odors, same as a single hose. Do NOT buy active air 14k dual hose portable ac. I went thrun3 of them couldn't get my room below 78* while running 3x600hps. Utter garbage.

Eli Bloom

Eli Bloom

Yes, it will suck out odors, same as a single hose. Do NOT buy active air 14k dual hose portable ac. I went thrun3 of them couldn't get my room below 78* while running 3x600hps. Utter garbage.
Yeah that's what I'm seeing about portables in general. I've seen some ghetto rigged window units where people build a box around them but I'm unclear as to where the moisture evaporates to. I might have to go that route. I'm fine right now but in a few months when it starts getting warm/hot out I'll need a solution.

Eli Bloom

Eli Bloom

craigslist clones omfg .....never heard that before!!!
Yeah man recreational state!

It can be sketchy because of disease and pests and shady craigslist people but I dunked the clones in a neem solution when I brought them home and have had zero signs of pests or disease in the 10 weeks I've had them.

I was antsy to get the ball rollig as soon as possible but I have a nice selection of seeds now for my next run.

THELORAX802

THELORAX802

in a legal patient, but honestly have my hands full with this ace gear. I think I'm intimidated by pure sativa varietals because they always have me on edge......I can be very silly. I'd love to see these varietals shining outdoors.

Top Bottom