Bag Seed With A Comeback!

• Thread starter Harp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Harp

Harp

Germinating some bag seeds I was given a couple years ago.

I don't remember what strains they came from.

Bag seed with a comeback
Bag seed with a comeback 2
Bag seed with a comeback 3
Bag seed with a comeback 4

Harp

Harp

It's been a while since my last grow. Took down the tent and took a break. I'm looking through my old threads just for a mind refresher.

I held on to all the seeds I bought and accumulated during my grows. Kept them all inside vials with rice to help remove any moisture. I kept all the vials inside a mason jar with more rice, and kept that inside the fridge the whole time.

Here's an example of the vials with rice

20171102 055257

Last edited:
Harp

Harp

I chose to grow some bag seeds, because I haven't grown in a while and if for some reason I mess up I won't feel too bad.
That's why this grow has been dubbed "The Come Back".

I'll save my better strains for when I get this germinating thing down again.

Harp

Harp

I've only done a few runs in coco
DWC is what I normally do. You just set it and forget it. Keep an eye is really what I felt I did.
A self automated system sounded futuristic and simple. But know that I started growing again, I like really being involved, hand watering and all. Not to say hydro isn't something you're not involved in. It's a lot of work setting it up. Imo
20171111 071746
20171111 071733

King Julien

King Julien

Good luck with the randos buddy. They can definitely be a pain in the ass to get to play nicely together but it's always an adventure.

The ones I've got going in my sig were all from the same seed but with an unknown sativa male. No way of knowing what any one seed would do. A couple wound up shorter and 9-10 weekers and a couple wound up being insanely tall and not finishing for what is likely to be 11-12 weeks. Had the damndest time getting them all to cooperate in a tent together.

Little un's are looking nice and healthy for their size. Temps could come up a little at this stage and help growth a bit. 68-74 is a bit cold for seedlings. Aim more for 78-82 if you can. It's not like it'll stunt them horribly or anything if you don't but it will definitely maximize the growth rate and at this stage the best thing they can do is hurry up and grow.

Harp

Harp

Good luck with the randos buddy. They can definitely be a pain in the ass to get to play nicely together but it's always an adventure.

The ones I've got going in my sig were all from the same seed but with an unknown sativa male. No way of knowing what any one seed would do. A couple wound up shorter and 9-10 weekers and a couple wound up being insanely tall and not finishing for what is likely to be 11-12 weeks. Had the damndest time getting them all to cooperate in a tent together.

Little un's are looking nice and healthy for their size. Temps could come up a little at this stage and help growth a bit. 68-74 is a bit cold for seedlings. Aim more for 78-82 if you can. It's not like it'll stunt them horribly or anything if you don't but it will definitely maximize the growth rate and at this stage the best thing they can do is hurry up and grow.
I won't be to distant into running into a similar situation as you. I'll just harvest as I go and leave the ones that aren't ready. Temps are up at 81 max right know, they are thriving I'm sure.
-Respect

Harp

Harp

Day 1 flowering!

I noticed roots coming out of the bottom of the pots. Got me thinking they might get root bound if I didn't flower soon considering they will stay in those small pots the entire cycle. Plus I have limited space.

Here's a couple variations
20171129 195925
20171129 195939
20171129 200012
20171129 200034
20171129 200043
20171129 200328
20171129 200400

Ceveres

Ceveres

Wow jumping right in to flower eh? Thats pretty bold, but I've never done it like that, so I don't really know for sure.. might work out perfect. Im subbed just to see how this pans out!

I like the rice idea, I'll have to toss a couple grains into my bank and the vials I know I won't get to for a while. Got some new (to me) seeds with some rice in there and wondered if that helped.

How are you going to feed them as they get bigger?

Harp

Harp

Here's a super late update haha.
IMG 20180222 062744

Out of 19 about 4 came out looking sexy like this one. Two are way tall. One is small/inferior. Two are heavily frosted. The rest look like the pic above minus the pretty colors. I'll post more pics tomorrow

Harp

Harp

#15 is the best plant I've ever grown. Smells like straight rubber and gasoline. It has some bag appeal too. Wish I took a cut.

Harp

Harp

#6 just doesn't want to bloom. Nugs are the size of gumballs. #2 on the other hand is my tallest lady. 50 days in and still stretching.

Top Bottom