Barneys Farm Pineapple Chunk

• Thread starter memphismick
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

memphismick

I ordered 25 Pineapple Chunk Fems from Barneys Farm...First time growing them, but accoriding to B.F. they are supposed to be indica dom. and finish in around 55 days. These look sativa dom (totally sativa imo) and am at day 55 now and appear to be nowhere near ready...Anyone got any info for me???
Oh I only ran a 5 pack...I have 2 10 packs left that I am hesitant to try till I get more 411. Hope someone can help! Id like to know what im growin!
I have had no luck uploading pics but I will try that later if anyone wants a look.

N

nononsense

go by trichs homie and u cant go wrong. radio shack has a pocket scope for $10.

M

memphismick

No doubt as far as being able to determine when they are ready...I am more concerned about this not being Pineapple chunk and was curious if anyone could back up the fact it is indica dom. or if I may have gotten some mislabeled beans. Thx for the input tho...I just wanna know what I got...none the less I'll still be happy!

I

ibTheMan

Your bud isnt even under any light, and i looks small(400).
move your light up and top every plant thats veg n after 8 to 10th node, get ah 1000w er.

S

Steve Z

lolololol

barneys farm

first mistake was buying unstable genes that has fucking haze in its backround that they call indica. 2nd was those same fuck ups that are ruining global seed sales with their shitty genes and knockoff names actually producing FEM seeds.

3rd it wont ripen nearly as fast seeing how much light its getting, bend that thing into the light man!

you just got a pheno that wasnt what they wanted you to find lol.

i'd stick with reputable breeders that arent all about marketing and money. i mean if you have an artist draw up some dumb tangerine dream picture and stickers and shit and try and promote it....COME ON

the herb speaks for itself if its good enough

T

TexasMonster

That does look pretty sativa like. You know what though, others on other forums are growing the Barney's Farm gear and doing pretty good, including the Pineapple Chunk. You may want to look around a bit and talk to some folks running it.

jansjukebox

jansjukebox

I've got one pineapple chunk going right now. Mine grew pretty tall say compared to the bubba kush I have growing next to it like easy 12 inches taller but I bent her over and tied her down which is giving the side branches more light and she is chunking out nicely now. I'm at 37 days flower. Her smell is out of this world though. We used to have a desert on holidays when i was a kid and we just called it green stuff. It was made from leomon & lime jello with cottage chese mayo and...pineapple. This plant smells just like it. But I think my pheno is going to have a really nice yield to it. So I'd say if you're going to grow the rest of the ones you bought, you should top them and trellis them to max the yield. My pheno looks like it will be finished in 3 more weeks but only my 30x loope will tell for sure! This is a group that doesn't seem to stable yet to me. A lot of variance in phenos but if you've got space to grow some and pick a mother, you can find a good keeper like mine for sure. They clone super easy. I pinched 2 bottom brances and stuck them in the dirt and they rooted and have tiny buds on them now...lol Good luck to you bro!

M

memphismick

As far as the light, I have the plant pulled out of the light to take the picture so that it would be recognizable . I have it and the rest of them under 3 600's so I am pretty sure its getting enough light except for the fact I planned on it being mostly indica and it and the other 5 outgrew the rest of my indica dom. plants so I had to sit them (indica dom plants) on pots to even the canopy out the best I could. What I was trying to see for myself is if anyone had grown the Pineapple chunk from Barneys before and if it was remotely like this or if I got some off the wall pheno or all together wrong seeds. I have gotten seeds from barneys before and had good results so I was a little surprised when this happened.

M

memphismick

Thanks man, great adivce! mine are at 55 days in the picture and look to me like they could go another 3 weeks or so...they outgrew the rest of the babies by a good 2 feet for the exception of the other chunks. Hopefully it will still turn out good!

M

memphismick

LOL...I'm with ya man! I just heard really good things about the chunk though from some friends and thought I'd try it. We'll see how it goes

jansjukebox

jansjukebox

Here's my pineapple chunk.

12-7_005.jpg
The pineapple chunk is the one taking up most of the room in the picture. The center tall cola in this shot is the pineapple as well as all of the rest of the arms in the front of the picture

M

memphismick

Yeah, totally unlike what I have going..I think I got the wrong thing by mistake...I'd like to hear about your grow sometime though...your chunk looks pretty good.

jansjukebox

jansjukebox

Well, this pheno is pretty fast flowering and very chunky. I'm pretty sure I'll get 4 oz off of her,,maybe more if I'm lucky! She's crowed everything else out in there for sure.

This is a shot of how I grow umm..

12-7_004.jpg

W

wil2279

i wouldn't worry about getting the wrong thing. I have some of these seeds for my summer grow this comming year and have been researching what people have to say about pineapple chunk. so far the verdict is that it is a really nice plant that was a little misleading on the description. most people that have been growing it seem to all agree that it is more sativa dominant than indica... one guy i talked to said it was his 2nd favorite strain... comming in very close right behind barney's LSD. he said it smelled like watermelons! as far as barneys being a bad breeder... i don't know about that... pretty sure they usually do pretty well at the cup and if i am not mistaken... didn't they win this year... yea i think they did

B

biggs

looks good bro. how's she smelling? any cheesey or pineapple smells?

jansjukebox

jansjukebox

Last week mine had such a heavy pineapple smell that it was almost sicking sweet. If you've ever had green stuff jello salad, that's what it smells like. lemon-lime jello with cottage cheese and pineapple. Shes a much better plant thean the vanilla kush growing behind her. I'm not impressed with my vanilla. but on the other sidwes are bubba kush and blue cheese. I'm gonna have winners no matter what. High praise to the cheese crosses!

I

ISS_CashCropper

I agree the flavor and potency are pretty decent - but the 650gr./m2 listed on their site is a load of BS. More like 450gr./m2...

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
this is probably soem sort of cindy 99 cross?

also do all your phenos look like that?

jansjukebox

jansjukebox

I only grew one personally and last grow I did c99x deep chunk and this plant grows and smells totally different. I'm taking it down at 55 days and shes's mostly cloudy with just a few amber jumping in. I took an early smoke and I was happy. My buddy just started 5 babies and is in like 2nd week of veg. I can't wait to see if he gets the same results i did. I think my screen really helped to bring up the yield on this one though. The lower areas ended up with good light. I don't think their yields are what they claim, but I'm pretty sure I'll get 4 oz off of her. She's on my list of would grow again. But their is a whole list of ones I want to grow before I do grow her again...lol I've got some bubba x deep chunk that's gonna go some time soon! lol

Top Bottom