BHO SCREEN OPTIONS?!?!?! SOOO MANY!!!

• Thread starter BHO MIKE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BHO MIKE

Okay so I have been running BHO concentrates for about a year now, and so far I've done everything you can think off. Dry spray runs that made black goo that was scrapped with a razor blade (on my first attempts) Golden Budder that was sprayed into heated water and collected from the surfaced based on the fact that oil is less dense than water and will not mix but will be thoroughly heated from being submerged. Vacuum purging (which is my current method) and ive done that with eveything from a inverted bicycle pump to scientific grade equipment with water pressurized gauges and electric pumps. And I've figured out my pro's and con's from all my purging options so that's not what I want this thread to be about.

I'm curious of what everyone out there is using for a screen and how it effects the color of there product. There are your basic options, the 50 micron screen (that rips in like 10 runs) or unbleached coffee filters that constantly have blowout issues. But I'm not satisfied with either of these options, there is your silk screen but that only comes in at about 100 micron and the coffee filters blow that out of the water at 25 micron. So i have looked up some 25 micron mesh screens made in germany

And they seem pretty legit. much more rugged than the steel 50 micron screens that seem to be standard, but it seems like it may leak. Also would it work for BHO since its for press DRYING? I have also heard of people using under armor as the screen for there tubes but with all the stained colors i cant help but think you are getting some of that nastyness.

Also just out of curiosity what is eveyone doing with there weed right before they run it? freezing it? have you noticed any chlorophyll (aka green color) from the plant matter getting too cold?

mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

Ive only been blasting for 7 or 8 months and havent tried as many methods as you but I can definitely say that if you freeze your packed tube and freeze your butane in the freezer overnight you will get a more golden color no doubt.
Also about flavor, glass tubes are the best. Some pvc tubes will leave a plastic taste until you break it in.
As far as screens just use a coffee filter and to prevent blowout I put a screen around that. I'm sorry but I don't know what the micron sizes are. I can tell you though the biggest leap i've made in making quality BHO is freezing the packed tube and freeze the cans of butane overnight and then blast immediately after you remove from the freezer. Your gonna love the color.

mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

Blasting straight into heated water? I've seen that in a music video but there was no explanation and this is the only time i've ever seen this method other than just now. Could I trouble you to tell me a little bit about it? How it works? How you liked it? Yield and flavor? Or quality? Thanks a lot man. I appreciate it. :)

shawnskush

shawnskush

I use a pair of unbleached coffee filters with a metal mesh screen clamped over it to contain blowouts. I have at least 1 blow out per run with zero issues as far as contaminates in my product.

urbanfog

urbanfog

last run i did I used one of the generic "k cup" replacement filters. Got 4 for 10$ at CVS. not sure of the size, but they dont let the finest espresso blends thru so I thought hell why not.....worked great and no blow outs. I dont run alot of BHO, soi I am no master but I do like finding new ways to do regular stuff, that and the blow outs pissed me off :(

pRiMo303

pRiMo303

50micron SS screen all day. I'm fairly careful, and my tube holds 100-120 depending on how tight so I don't have to pack/unpack as many times, but I rarely rip it. I order it from the same company Extraction Experts orders theirs from in bulk. Think its a 4sq ft minimum on orders, but it lasts me forever and I generally resale 3ft of it for what I paid..and its still way cheaper than EE charges.

pRiMo303

pRiMo303

And mine starts golden bc I use only popcorn and super tight trim, but the more its folded the darker it becomes. I don't scrape onto parchment, my dish fits in vac chamber.

BHO BOB

BHO BOB

Older thread here, but can we all list the various screen options for sale for good BHO screens? Preferably things you can buy on Amazon since they have free shipping. Would love to see a list of what everybody is using. No Coffee Filters please, I have plenty of those and want something I can't push my finger through when wet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom