Bho

• Thread starter Ramrod509
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Ramrod509

Need advice and tips: a just groped my plant was wonder how much butane I will need. What measurements how much butane is needed for 1 ounce or how much is needed to make 1 gram of bho.

E

edmclendon

Need advice and tips: a just groped my plant was wonder how much butane I will need. What measurements how much butane is needed for 1 ounce or how much is needed to make 1 gram of bho.
Hey I get about 3 grams of oil per ounce. That's three grams per can of butane.

Leew421

Leew421

I pack around 128 grams and use about 2 cans maybe another half. You would be safe with one can on a zone. Make sure you dry the fuck out of it. Put on gloves and crush it all real good and pack it well. Make sure you freeze the packed tube and butane before you run.

Leew421

Leew421

Another pro tip: you want to purge out the butane as fast as you can. The longer it all sits as soup it starts to dewax the oil right there and causes a cream to form. I use a plug in griddle and put it on low so I can touch it and not burn.

lifecheck

lifecheck

Thank you for the tips Lee. I'll try to extract again. I am planning on having Bho party this Christmas and I would like to have more bho before holiday to get the party started. I will just throw the cheap korean brand butane that I used before because it really suck. The extract I got from it taste weird and funny. I'll just save money to get a better butane extractor.

Graywolf

Graywolf

About 80% of three times the volume of butane as plant material. If you pack at 3.5 grams per cubic inch, you need three cubic inches of butane which weighs .021696 lbs per cubic inch, so times three, times .80, ends up about .05 lbs per cubic inch.

King Julien

King Julien

About 80% of three times the volume of butane as plant material. If you pack at 3.5 grams per cubic inch, you need three cubic inches of butane which weighs .021696 lbs per cubic inch, so times three, times .80, ends up about .05 lbs per cubic inch.

First off, Listen to ^ guy. He's got that BHO funk down.

Secondly, never use cheap butane. Least of all is the funny flavors. Things like benzene and other heavy metals and hydrocarbons are what you should really be on the lookout for.

I don't know what the standard is now adays for sure but I know when I last did it a few years ago Power 5X Super Refined butane was considered by many to be very decent stuff and is pretty reasonably priced for ensuring your health. When I used it I got an amazing product even before purging properly. But you still should.

Also yields can vary greatly from what I've seen. It obviously is mostly dependent on THC content. I've got a buddy that makes it fairly often from outdoor grown rando weed. Some is good, some is fire, and some is rough crap.

Sometimes he'll pull .6-.8 grams of wax per a quarter from real crap and when he uses nice frosty buds I've seen him pull over a gram. Of the few times I've made it in the past I only used some super frosty buds that were some of the best I've ever had and some fairly mid-end stuff that had the most amazing flavor but wasn't too potent or frosty.

The flavorful stuff only pulled in the neighborhood of .75-.8 grams of shatter per quarter of bud but the super frosty stuff pulled around 1.3 grams per a quarter. From what I understand that's an amazing yield but it was amazingly frosty stuff too.

As a rule of thumb, to go along side the math, you should run the butane through until it starts coming out clear.

I like to blast half of it into one vessel and then go until it runs clear into another vessel so that the first batch is of the highest quality and you don't miss anything with the second batch.

Top Bottom