Black Dog Leds

• Thread starter MicksterRx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MicksterRx

Does anyone have experience with the Blackdog LEDs on a commercial grow facility? Which models did you use? How were they used? What are your opinions about them? Would you use a different Led like Fluence?

Thank you

B

Burned Haze

(Lol mobile versions and big fingers , well here’s a version 2 to make more sense )

Fuck black dog led they can’t compete and over priced ( just like kind, or a lot of the China made ones ) and I have never seen a true commercial/successfully documented based business that wasn’t being ethier owned or given free lights (by them)

The current top brands like I suggested above and what I’ve used or seen In commercial rooms are
* COB Vero29 (Timber Led pro’s : extremely powerful for the watts and can most replace a DE for under $700 bucks, cons:hot spots but just keep at the 12-16 inches ( it’s your choice to have reflector and without o]it on makes it more broad ranged ),
* fluence spydrx plus pro’s: best light for if you wanted to do double racked lighting , their costumer service is Top dollar and you know they will back their products, their product and wiring is UL listed and water resistant ( that’s how they want you to clean it, not to touch the lens), cons: most costly ,
* Quantum boards : HLG 550 V2 (horticulturelightinggroup) pro’s: best light for tents , extremely light, good costumer serve ice cons: in my opinion it’s a 750w de replacement (but look at its watts compared to the rests, wootie doo, if your doing a 4x8 floods table do 3, they aren’t as Humidity resistant as the other lights but does not mean you will have any issues ( it’s prolly better than a typical hps and I’ve never had any isssuesmwhen I used them )
* Chillled tech Gen 2 LED: pro’s air/liquid cooled so you can reduce your a/c a shit with only needing 300cfm per light ( leds typically still have 50% of a heat or more ), they are hand made and crafted, amazing strengeth and spectrum , cons: email only tech support ( only company I haven’t deal with), pricey compared to cob and QB

M

MicksterRx

(Lol mobile versions and big fingers , well here’s a version 2 to make more sense )

Fuck black dog led they can’t compete and over priced ( just like kind, or a lot of the China made ones ) and I have never seen a true commercial/successfully documented based business that wasn’t being ethier owned or given free lights (by them)

The current top brands like I suggested above and what I’ve used or seen In commercial rooms are
* COB Vero29 (Timber Led pro’s : extremely powerful for the watts and can most replace a DE for under $700 bucks, cons:hot spots but just keep at the 12-16 inches ( it’s your choice to have reflector and without o]it on makes it more broad ranged ),
* fluence spydrx plus pro’s: best light for if you wanted to do double racked lighting , their costumer service is Top dollar and you know they will back their products, their product and wiring is UL listed and water resistant ( that’s how they want you to clean it, not to touch the lens), cons: most costly ,
* Quantum boards : HLG 550 V2 (horticulturelightinggroup) pro’s: best light for tents , extremely light, good costumer serve ice cons: in my opinion it’s a 750w de replacement (but look at its watts compared to the rests, wootie doo, if your doing a 4x8 floods table do 3, they aren’t as Humidity resistant as the other lights but does not mean you will have any issues ( it’s prolly better than a typical hps and I’ve never had any isssuesmwhen I used them )
* Chillled tech Gen 2 LED: pro’s air/liquid cooled so you can reduce your a/c a shit with only needing 300cfm per light ( leds typically still have 50% of a heat or more ), they are hand made and crafted, amazing strengeth and spectrum , cons: email only tech support ( only company I haven’t deal with), pricey compared to cob and QB
Thank you!! Very informative!! I’m leaning towards fluence

B

Burned Haze

I also forgot to mention about a major pro to the chillled tech! ( This is the only light I listed I haven’t used but I would love too)

System features: