Black Spots

• Thread starter tinderthumbs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Lol. Well I think you do have control. You got it!
I try to stay away from giving advice but I'm gonna this time. Lol.

I believe 100% in having a good plan and sticking to it. Diverting from the plan ONLY in extreme cases which should rarely to never happen

You said it best. Coco is inert and you have complete control over it

Give them everything they need and know that what you are giving them is their complete diet and stick to it. Everything the same every time. Multiple times a day if possible. But the main thing IMO is same same same.

If you see a small problem or spot or weird leaf. Ride it out. Trust that you k ow you are giving the plant everything it needs at the proper ph and ppm and let it work itself out.

In my opinion the second you start chasing deficiencies you're diggin your grave. I notice a lot of people trying to help and although they all mean well they're pulling you every which way.
Pick someone or 2 you trustand listen to them only them
I take advice from someone I trust and If I need advice I go to the same place for it. Never had a real deficiency problem
Go back to coco. Lol. Sorry for the long post and if this has been covered.
Ps..once you go back to coco read about cation exchange.
Don't let anyone fool you into thinking you need extra calcium or magnesium in coco. The amount in a full 1 part nutrient like Cns 17 or a A+B type or a 3 part is plenty
The key is to charge your coco with calcium and magnesium to make sure the cations are full. Once they're full they are bonded in the coco and will continue to feed the amount the plant needs. As long as you don't let the coco dry out and keep feeding a solid diet the cations stay full and the plant stays healthy. There is way more to it but it's a misconception. And I'm talking about RO. you should only use RO in Coco imo.
These are a 1 part (Cns 17 grow/bloom) and silica blast. That's it. The same amount every day upping number of feedings a day as they grow. Not the strength. (Veg is different strength than flower but stays constant). Nice and green

IMG 9431
IMG 9433
Organikz

Organikz

@tinderthumbs
I hate to say but as @Thejoeybrown stated it takes much experience and a lot of monitoring until you get dialed in.

KiS organics offers a water only soil. This stuff puts roots and fox farms to shame although I forgot you can't have things shipped...it contains high quality amendments including pumice vs perlite. They actually check the mix under a microscope to make sure the biology is thriving. Pre innoculated.

Tad hussey is the owner and also a microbiologist.

Last edited:
Organikz

Organikz

@Thejoeybrown I'll tell you a good system to keep coco a steady moisture. Blumat has a surface sensor. It sits on a capillary mat. A lot of guys in the UK are using these with smart pots. They can sit in flood trays. I works like a SIP. You can even feed nutes through the reservoir.
Flat_Blumat-500x500.jpg

Organikz

Organikz

Yea maybe go back to bagged soil or work on going organic living soil. You do seem to draw a fukked up straw every time.I feel for you. Growing weed should not be this difficult. :)
I think people have an idea that we grow weed. We just let it grow. I promise it grows.

The best advice I've ever been given LITFA. LEAVE IT THE FUCK ALONE.

Always hear people getting into this plan of action thing and that really starts to scare me

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I think people have an idea that we grow weed. We just let it grow. I promise it grows.

Always hear people getting into this plan of action thing and that really starts to scare me
Yup well balanced soil, good genetics and let momma nature take her to harvest. :D

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Yup well balanced soil, good genetics and let momma nature take her to harvest. :D
I 100% agree.
The plan of attack is us settin the plant up with everything it needs to thrive. In hydro without our inputs we have plain h2o or plain coco.
That's what I meant by have a solid diet that you know has everything you need and trust it. Let the plant work thru it.
I would never use bottled nutes and soil. If I was in soil I would build a soil. But in hydro you need to feed the plant. But that doesn't mean chasing deficiencies

New2dagame

New2dagame

any clue what Is going on here I looked in old post but don't seem like any one els knew what the heck is going on here about 50% of my veg plants have this seems to be moving quick

in promix
315w lec
around 3 weeks old
ph test says 6.1
seems to be all over not just on the top or in the middle

any more info plz just ask
Had similar issue . Did you feed nutes every time or did you take breaks and just use PH water ? I was feeding then thought I would be good just using PH water . But plants were use to the cal mag and was begging for more. My leaves looked similar . Feed every time going forward . Should clear in two weeks . Cut those leaves that show spots .

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

Had similar issue . Did you feed nutes every time or did you take breaks and just use PH water ? I was feeding then thought I would be good just using PH water . But plants were use to the cal mag and was begging for more. My leaves looked similar . Feed every time going forward . Should clear in two weeks . Cut those leaves that show spots .

going to amp up the feeding going from 3 to 6t pre gallon at this point why not cant do any worse

think what I was thinking was a burn from the cal/mag but I think it really was a def

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Lol. Well I think you do have control. You got it!
I try to stay away from giving advice but I'm gonna this time. Lol.

I believe 100% in having a good plan and sticking to it. Diverting from the plan ONLY in extreme cases which should rarely to never happen

You said it best. Coco is inert and you have complete control over it

Give them everything they need and know that what you are giving them is their complete diet and stick to it. Everything the same every time. Multiple times a day if possible. But the main thing IMO is same same same.

If you see a small problem or spot or weird leaf. Ride it out. Trust that you k ow you are giving the plant everything it needs at the proper ph and ppm and let it work itself out.

In my opinion the second you start chasing deficiencies you're diggin your grave. I notice a lot of people trying to help and although they all mean well they're pulling you every which way.
Pick someone or 2 you trustand listen to them only them
I take advice from someone I trust and If I need advice I go to the same place for it. Never had a real deficiency problem
Go back to coco. Lol. Sorry for the long post and if this has been covered.

That's some good sh*t man. There's a couple people on here I go to when I need advice and a few others that I heed their opinions. That's why I try not to start a thread with my problems, but post on my grow diary instead. The people who's advice I want are reading them already.

(Not a critique on thread starting. Do what you need to, to get help.)

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

That's some good sh*t man. There's a couple people on here I go to when I need advice and a few others that I heed their opinions. That's why I try not to start a thread with my problems, but post on my grow diary instead. The people who's advice I want are reading them already.

(Not a critique on thread starting. Do what you need to, to get help.)
Thanks brotha
Exactly. I stick to my thread for that same reason. Then I know people have at least seen what's been going on.
Don't get me wrong I would come to the infirmary if I had to luckily I haven't yet. But most people mean well just they only read the one post and say "add cal/mag." Probably not even knowing cal and mag are to completely separate elements.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Thanks brotha
Exactly. I stick to my thread for that same reason. Then I know people have at least seen what's been going on.
Don't get me wrong I would come to the infirmary if I had to luckily I haven't yet. But most people mean well just they only read the one post and say "add cal/mag." Probably not even knowing cal and mag are to completely separate elements.
I just read back and realized the last 2 comments were regarding cal/mag issues. I didn't mean anything by my last post about that. I just used cal/mag as an example. After reading back it looked like I was taking a shot at that and I wasn't at all. Hadn't even read that before. Lol

Organikz

Organikz

if you stick with dro dro joey is the man. I would like to add that in the case of a flush soak 1 crushed soap nut per 5 gallon of water for a flush agent that'll make sledgehammer look like a trim hammer. that's my contribution to hydroponics. This dawned on me today while thinking about all that hydrogen and oxygen in the equation. sledge hammer is a tablespoon of yucca extract and water. It's the saponin in yucca that is so effective in binding and leaching nutrients. i can almost guarantee water alone won't pull certain cations like magnesium and calcium out of your soil. magnesium is stuck. definitely not pulling heavy metals.
1024px-Solanine_chemical_structure.png

as far as diagnoses @tinderthumbs i'd have to agree with @jumpincactus. peat moss alone is loaded with magnesium. It takes time to become available. then your nutrients have cal/mag i assume as well as your unfiltered water. You're loading the medium. locking it up. think of milk of magnesia. it's a binder. that's why it's good for upset stomach

a flush would do you justice.

it's causing this
https://www.alchimiaweb.com/blogen/deficiency-excess-phosphorus-cannabis-plants/

Last edited:
Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

if you stick with dro dro joey is the man. I would like to add that in the case of a flush soak 1 crushed soap nut per 5 gallon of water for a flush agent that'll make sledgehammer look like a trim hammer. that's my contribution to hydroponics. This dawned on me today while thinking about all that hydrogen and oxygen in the equation. sledge hammer is a tablespoon of yucca extract and water. It's the saponin in yucca that is so effective in binding and leaching nutrients. i can almost guarantee water alone won't pull certain cations like magnesium and calcium out of your soil. magnesium is stuck. definitely not pulling heavy metals.
1024px-Solanine_chemical_structure.png

as far as diagnoses @tinderthumbs i'd have to agree with @jumpincactus. peat moss alone is loaded with magnesium. It takes time to become available. then your nutrients have cal/mag i assume as well as your unfiltered water. You're loading the medium. locking it up. think of milk of magnesia. it's a binder. that's why it's good for upset stomach

a flush would do you justice.
I agree.
I can't speak for pro mix but for coco I think 99.9% of "calmag" def are misdiagnosed. The cations hold so much that once they're filled you're set as long is there is a little in you're base.
I have NEVER added extra calmag supplement and NEVER had a cal or mag deficiency.
It is a misconception and leads to many a grower chasing their tails.
I believe if you have the proper nutrients in your feed you should never ever have to change your bite regiment even once.
I check my ph. I check my ppms are in order and I make sure my my environment is DIALED IN. After that I follow my recipe. Try to keep hands off

IMO it's
Genetics
Environment
Environment
Environment
Environment
Lighting
Nutrients.
In that order.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

Thanks brotha

I tried that all ready and no one replys on there only time any one says any thing is when I go on a rant then they pop in to say how wrong I am then not ever see them tell the next time I rant

Organikz

Organikz

lol @Thejoeybrown the funny thing is i started writing a long 10 times out of 10 it's environment or input. not nutrient related. same with pests but it's heat or uv stress and guess what here come the mites because you're trying to fight imaginary mites and stressing the plants more.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

also I would like to note I do know that there is not a cal/mag def its one or the other but most times they company each other

Organikz

Organikz

also I would like to note I do know that there is not a cal/mag def its one or the other but most times they company each other
what we're saying is your cal/mag deficiency is more than likely being caused by excess...believe it or not it's the case. I'm telling you that peat moss itself is loaded with magnesium and promix adds some sort of buffer. If you're adding cal/mag or any magnesium. forget calcium. that's what's being locked because of too much mag. as i said you may want to flush with the flushing agent i suggested and you really have to invest in an RO unit or just to LOS. tap water just doesn't work. Magnesium is a soil binder and it just locks up everything when the levels become too high.

Top Bottom