Blood And Bones: Outdoor 2018

• Thread starter justiceman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I love how we can have a civil conversation together with various view points. It’s great to have you guys around here :)

—————————

So last night I put them to bed with a lantern to light my path. This morning I took a few pictures and now things are going to get interesting :cool:. After they get a bit more established I'll lay some soaker hose down. Can't wait!

The 4x8 has Farm Cheese on the left and Outlaw on the right

The 2x8 has Afgooey on the left and Blueberry Bubblegum #2 on the right

Afgooey

View attachment 812457

Blueberry Bubblegum #2
View attachment 812458

Farm Cheese

View attachment 812459

Outlaw

View attachment 812460

Family
View attachment 812461
they look happy happy happy,lol

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I love how we can have a civil conversation together with various view points. It’s great to have you guys around here :)

—————————

So last night I put them to bed with a lantern to light my path. This morning I took a few pictures and now things are going to get interesting :cool:. After they get a bit more established I'll lay some soaker hose down. Can't wait!

The 4x8 has Farm Cheese on the left and Outlaw on the right

The 2x8 has Afgooey on the left and Blueberry Bubblegum #2 on the right

Afgooey

View attachment 812457

Blueberry Bubblegum #2
View attachment 812458

Farm Cheese

View attachment 812459

Outlaw

View attachment 812460

Family
View attachment 812461

Oooh, they are lookin nice.

I totally agree. When we answer someone we should consider that when they post a comment, more often than not, it is friendly and benign. But because there no vocal inflections in writing, the way a person hears something in their head may come across totally different when written down. Especially posting on a forum where people are jotting down quick thoughts and possibly carrying on several conversations. It's best we be positive in our responses and give everyone the benefit of the doubt (also take into consideration that the poster is likely quite high, lol). That way we don't find problems where there aren't any maybe even be disarming when comments are intentionally negative. Overall this is a very friendly forum and I think we are excellent ambassadors for the Mary-Jane community.

justiceman

justiceman

What’s up everyone! :smoking:

The plants are definitely spreading some roots and gearing up for a quality veg period. I wasn't sure how well my amendment of the beds went, but so far it's looking pretty good.

Farm Cheese
DB973FA3 99A3 46CD BFE7 23A88A986275

Outlaw
I noticed one leaf on this baby had been munched on a little bit by leaf miners. I will continue to monitor it. If needed I'll spray everything with a mix of good old neem oil and dawn soap.
8785171B EA29 4AC9 AC9F 06C31DD55CEC

Afgooey
If you look at the bottom left of the picture you can see a bit of tip burn. No worries here it's not very bad. I'm attributing that to either the soil mix being packed full of nutrition in general, or the roots may have hit a small pocket of bone and blood that I did not mix well enough.
F1B92B8C E910 4FD3 BA0E 1572AFA6ECBE

Blueberry Bubblegum #2
DC4DBCC3 E1CD 42E9 9C4E DD600336C007

justiceman

justiceman

Good morning :) The ladies are in full form enjoying the sun. It’s been pretty hot but they don’t seem to mind one bit. Still considering whether I want to cage them for support or not. We shall see. The winds have been consistent. Not too strong but not weak either so they are definitely building some strong stalks as a result.

Afgooey
This one seems to be the most compact of the 4 strains so far. It also has the widest leaves, and it is 2nd to last in developing quality side branching.
1232F606 5664 439B 84AE FCC2788E77EF

Blueberry Bubblegum#2
So far I'm enjoying the structure on this one. It's not too compact nor too stretchy and looks to be #1 in developing quality side branching
B01A7DE6 EF4A 4D38 B869 17DC26ABADBD

Farm Cheese
I've seen the most vigor from this one. It is the tallest with by far the most space in between internodes. Dead last in developing quality side branching lmao
D3B1883E FE8E 4F8F 9DC4 EC34C308748B

Outlaw
Supposedly high in sativa. I look forward to seeing how this one turns out. It has a similar structure to the BB#2 but the leaves seem to be slightly wider. #2 in developing quality side branches
B7705BDD 11A1 428F 87D6 27A4B54046CC

MissBotany

MissBotany

Good morning :) The ladies are in full form enjoying the sun. It’s been pretty hot but they don’t seem to mind one bit. Still considering whether I want to cage them for support or not. We shall see. The winds have been consistent. Not too strong but not weak either so they are definitely building some strong stalks as a result.

Afgooey
This one seems to be the most compact of the 4 strains so far. It also has the widest leaves, and it is 2nd to last in developing quality side branching.
View attachment 814317

Blueberry Bubblegum#2
So far I'm enjoying the structure on this one. It's not too compact nor too stretchy and looks to be #1 in developing quality side branching
View attachment 814318

Farm Cheese
I've seen the most vigor from this one. It is the tallest with by far the most space in between internodes. Dead last in developing quality side branching lmao
View attachment 814319

Outlaw
Supposedly high in sativa. I look forward to seeing how this one turns out. It has a similar structure to the BB#2 but the leaves seem to be slightly wider. #2 in developing quality side branches
View attachment 814320

I’m no expert but my last hybrid started off with indica fan leaves then began making Sativa looking fan leaves during flower.

justiceman

justiceman

I’m no expert but my last hybrid started off with indica fan leaves then began making Sativa looking fan leaves during flower.
Hmmmm very interesting. I'll be on the lookout to see if I get that type of change with the Outlaw. Speaking of leaf changes I still want to grow a Frisian Duck seed. I almost did it for this run but decided against it for now. What a gnarly leaf structure it has.

MissBotany

MissBotany

Hmmmm very interesting. I'll be on the lookout to see if I get that type of change with the Outlaw. Speaking of leaf changes I still want to grow a Frisian Duck seed. I almost did it for this run but decided against it for now. What a gnarly leaf structure it has.
The place where I buy my seeds has it so I might order a pack next time. I have to double check the THC content again, I need to buy very high THC strains...

bicky studs

bicky studs

yeah those duck foot strains are quite out of it. i find if a plant has leaves where all fingers meet at 1 point...sat they will get skinny at flower but ive never seen an indica fan.... where fingers meet further up change where thier fingers meet....get skinny sure.
is that what you meant or are the fingers just lookin skinny?

bicky studs

bicky studs

my c99 stops making propper leaves in flower n just throws out straight spears:D the diversity in cannabis is amazing! having thousands of ppl around the world x'n everything they get thier hands on has catapluted the variety of strains and traits to crazy proportions over the years. now its all getting legalized n everythings easier to get and x etc.... who knows what this could result in, whats it look like in 50years....
at least some are trying to preserve the 'old' strains

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Afgooey
View attachment 814317

Blueberry Bubblegum#2
View attachment 814318

Farm Cheese
View attachment 814319

Outlaw
View attachment 814320

They're looking fat and happy.

Your Farm Cheese has a similar structure to my Idunnoes. Topped it at 6' and it never slowed down. It shot off the two top branches at the same growth rate as the primary I just chopped. The lower branches have thickened a bit. All my girls are growing at tremendous rates due to this long run of hot weather. I don't expect to be waiting very long to find out if she'll be filling out. She's over 7' tall so her braches look thin but they're not. The pic is a little deceptive that way.

(I wish I knew her true strain. Her leaf structure looks very Kush to me.)
20180711 091744

Last edited:
justiceman

justiceman

They're looking fat and happy.

Your Farm Cheese has a similar structure to my Idunnoes. Topped it at 6' and it never slowed down. It shot off the two top branches at the same growth rate as the primary I just chopped. The lower branches have thickened a bit. All my girls are growing at tremendous rates due to this long run of hot weather. I don't expect to be waiting very long to find out if she'll be filling out. She's over 7' tall so her braches look thin but they're not. The pic is a little deceptive that way.

(I wish I knew her true strain. Her leaf structure looks very Kush to me.)
View attachment 814914
I know what you mean about "thin" looking branches when they aren't. Still perspectives from photographs can only capture so much. Man she's a tall one! Gonna be a beast she flowers :D Ya this hot weather streak has definitely upped growth rates no doubt. Trying to remember about how much "veg time" is left before flower set. It's gonna be a good season :smoking:

----------------------------------------------------
Sup everyone! As always I hope the day is treating you well. Summer is one of my favorite times as I really enjoy the hot days and warm nights. Just like cannabis I'm not too keen on cold weather haha.

Everything is running smoothly and growth rates rising for sure. I'm planning to top them and lay down a couple soaker hoses soon. Still considering whether I'm going to tomato cage them or not. Definitely need to decide that soon as well. All in all I am very pleased with how things are developing so far.

Afgooey
I mentioned after the transplant that one leaf had slight tip burn. Well that was the end of that because I have not seen anything else and she is doing just fine. Very compact so far.
EA66034A 106D 4036 A970 00976501B8C6

Blueberry Bubblegum #2
Really enjoying the growth rate and branching on this little lady! Such a good structure on this one.
22A9F40A AD42 4AED 9815 C8BB42A99789

Farm Cheese
This one is growing with great speed. Thickest stems, and biggest leaves. Also the biggest internode distance. I'm interested to see how this one fills out during the flower set.
1F23A4A6 EE60 4B60 95D8 ED61BCCA17E5

Outlaw
This one is starting to take off as well. Not quite as dense as the BB#2 but somewhat similar in growth structure. Seems to not be quite as vigorous at this time, but we shall see.
5792A34A FDC9 4295 AF25 B555B22812A6

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I know what you mean about "thin" looking branches when they aren't. Still perspectives from photographs can only capture so much. Man she's a tall one! Gonna be a beast she flowers :D Ya this hot weather streak has definitely upped growth rates no doubt. Trying to remember about how much "veg time" is left before flower set. It's gonna be a good season :smoking:

Sup everyone! As always I hope the day is treating you well. Summer is one of my favorite times as I really enjoy the hot days and warm nights. Just like cannabis I'm not too keen on cold weather haha.

Everything is running smoothly and growth rates rising for sure. I'm planning to top them and lay down a couple soaker hoses soon. Still considering whether I'm going to tomato cage them or not. Definitely need to decide that soon as well. All in all I am very pleased with how things are developing so far.

Afgooey
I mentioned after the transplant that one leaf had slight tip burn. Well that was the end of that because I have not seen anything else and she is doing just fine. Very compact so far.
View attachment 814966

Blueberry Bubblegum #2
Really enjoying the growth rate and branching on this little lady! Such a good structure on this one.
View attachment 814967

Farm Cheese
This one is growing with great speed. Thickest stems, and biggest leaves. Also the biggest internode distance. I'm interested to see how this one fills out during the flower set.
View attachment 814968

Outlaw
This one is starting to take off as well. Not quite as dense as the BB#2 but somewhat similar in growth structure. Seems to not be quite as vigorous at this time, but we shall see.
View attachment 814969
love a garden with no weeds lmao looking good

justiceman

justiceman

love a garden with no weeds lmao looking good
Hahaha indeed! The only other thing I let grow in the beds is the clovers if they happen to show up.

————————————

Got a couple close up night shots of a few blades and tops just because I felt like it. Time to get toasty before bed :smoking:. The girls are way ahead of me.

Afgooey
567DAFBC 9240 4C36 A9AA 14336C31CDB8

Blueberry Bubblegum #2

1366E679 E17E 4578 9665 CE0EC8F10703

Farm Cheese

AA77D6F1 C47C 4EA8 92B5 2FBFAD02620E

Outlaw

7BE30259 FD48 44EE B232 7826536B3C0D

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Afgooey
View attachment 814966

Blueberry Bubblegum #2
View attachment 814967

Farm Cheese
View attachment 814968

Outlaw
View attachment 814969

Where I'm at we've got about 3-4 weeks of veg left. I first spotted flowers on my clones July 30th last year but I think my shade cloth set them off about a week and a half early. The green house and full sun plants started about the second week of August. I'm in the Sierras, East of Sacramento so I think we're close to the same latitude.

justiceman

justiceman

Where I'm at we've got about 3-4 weeks of veg left. I first spotted flowers on my clones July 30th last year but I think my shade cloth set them off about a week and a half early. The green house and full sun plants started about the second week of August. I'm in the Sierras, East of Sacramento so I think we're close to the same latitude.

Excellent that should be perfect. I was hoping and thinking about 3-4 weeks. Just enough time to get these babies big enough for a nice harvest. :D

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Excellent that should be perfect. I was hoping and thinking about 3-4 weeks. Just enough time to get these babies big enough for a nice harvest. :D

I put barely rooted clones in my garden last year at about the same time as you and they still hit 8-9' and your's are way bigger than mine were. You should have no problem getting a good yield.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Well, it looks like mine have started. I wouldn't take this as a sign that the veg season is over at our latitude. I think the combination of shade from the oaks and shade cloth cause my girls to break to flower early. You probably still have a few weeks or more in full sun. I am only seeing them on my Banana Ice Cream so far so they might be a strain that just flips early but my gut tells me I'll see the others bud soon as well. I said the exact same thing last year and they all ended up starting within a week of each other.
20180714 075517
20180714 075425
20180714 075450

justiceman

justiceman

Well, it looks like mine have started. I wouldn't take this as a sign that the veg season is over at our latitude. I think the combination of shade from the oaks and shade cloth cause my girls to break to flower early. You probably still have a few weeks or more in full sun. I am only seeing them on my Banana Ice Cream so far so they might be a strain that just flips early but my gut tells me I'll see the others bud soon as well. I said the exact same thing last year and they all ended up starting within a week of each other.
View attachment 815455 View attachment 815456 View attachment 815457
I've been waiting to see how that Banana Ice Cream goes. Can't wait! I'm wondering if she's really going into flower yet or if it's just showing sexual maturity since she's from seed. You know your outdoor flowering times well enough though. I like how fat and fuzzy the pistils are.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I've been waiting to see how that Banana Ice Cream goes. Can't wait! I'm wondering if she's really going into flower yet or if it's just showing sexual maturity since she's from seed. You know your outdoor flowering times well enough though. I like how fat and fuzzy the pistils are.

I thought something similar last year, except they were clones. Looked like preflowers and they were still pretty small but buds started stacking and the girls almost doubled in sise by harvest time.

justiceman

justiceman

I thought something similar last year, except they were clones. Looked like preflowers and they were still pretty small but buds started stacking and the girls almost doubled in sise by harvest time.
I’m on the lookout for sure :shockedninja: Definitely interested to see how the farmcheese goes this round. It's super vigorous compared to the others and like you said it so far it seems to have the structure to provide light to most of the flowers all the way through.

——————————————-

Greetings everyone. Hope the day is treating you well.

Alright I finally got around to caging them up;) Even if I end up not needing the cages better safe than sorry. In the past I have gotten winds sometimes that have blown branches over onto the ground and these cages have saved me headaches. Everyone is starting to get decent branching going on so I think I will top at least the Farm Cheese in the next few days and the others following depending on how their structures turn out. Soon I will also grab a couple short soaker hoses, and a watering timer. I'd also like to give these ladies a few compost teas throughout the season to make sure those nutrients keep getting cycled. Found my 60l/min water pump so I just need to go get some more EWC or another quality compost, and dig out a good bucket to brew in.

Fam Shot
EC319614 E974 4835 AA4A 4AF257430E8C

Blueberry Bubblegum #2
43251D07 7A3F 44B2 B0C3 6C16CF30E5D5

Afgooey
1697DAAE FC61 4A6B 8E0E D1EEF43402F3

Farm Cheese
C2D36AA9 2996 4161 9025 A88D20F40355

Outlaw
880AACEE 6300 411F A75A C9EC415012CC

Top Bottom