Bogota, Colombia Here

• Thread starter Chris Ford
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Chris Ford

Chris Ford

Hello All,
I am Chris from Ohio but live in Colombia.
As you may or may not know Bud is very legal here. I just retired from the Military and live here with my wife who is Colombian. My wife suffers from sever Migraines and I have decided to grow my own product.
I hope to chronicle my first ever grow here.

I will start with my Seeds. Today I bought Purple Kush.
seeds.jpg

I was told that this was a good seed to start with and it is easy +\- to grow.

I also bought fertilizer for when the plant starts to flower.
fertilizer.jpg

I am told this is a good product to the plant.

I also was sold a High in vitamin and protein soil This soil comes from the Volcano in La Mesa Colombia Close to Tolima and is very rich in nutrients. The Little bag with it is Soil Food. It keeps the nutrients in the soil once mixed it.

soil.jpg

Now All I need to do is go get my starter pots to get the first sprouts in. And the larger pots for transfer.
Any helpful advice you can give me so I have a good yield would be very helpful.

I really hope this will help my wife deal with these very difficult Migraines. She is 57 and really does not partake in recreational use and gets a little paranoid about smoking it here in Colombia where it is Legal. As we lived in Florida. Last time she tried the Bud here she was worried about police. I told her, "Whats wrong honey, Dade County will not knock at our door in Bogota." HEHEHE it relaxed her becasue I made her laugh.

Thanks for any input you can give me. You guys rock!!!

I will post weekly pics to show the progress. Says this product will flower in 8 Weeks. I guess we will see.

Chris

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
If you can get a ph test for a fish tank and mix some of that dirt with some water and test the ph it would benefit you later. You could also mix in some perlite or crushed lava rock for drainage.

If the soil is too hot it will burn your plants, I would start the seeds in some coconut husk fiber, also available at a pet store in a brick that expands with water.

Chris Ford

Chris Ford

If you can get a ph test for a fish tank and mix some of that dirt with some water and test the ph it would benefit you later. You could also mix in some perlite or crushed lava rock for drainage.

If the soil is too hot it will burn your plants, I would start the seeds in some coconut husk fiber, also available at a pet store in a brick that expands with water.

Thank you for your Reply. Need to get the starter pots today

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Bienvenidos!

I personally cannot take any cannabis in any form when a migraine sets in, many others find great relief from cannabis.

Volcanic soils are extremely rich, you're going to grow some FANTASTIC plants in it. Don't focus on cannabis-specific fertilizers, they're too expensive and just not necessary. Make sure you provide good quality soil, and hopefully you can grow outdoors out there so there will be no need to mess around with changing lights and the like. Since you got autoflowering seeds then they can just go right outside I believe (I've grown a grand total of ONE auto and it was entirely by accident, I couldn't figure out what was going on with my 3" tall seedling that grew a 'massive' 2" cola, finished and died).

I am also of the opinion that as long as your soil isn't very heavy then sprout the seedlings in it. I find coir to be difficult to use for starting seedlings, but that's my experience. Others do great using coir of course. I like soil because it won't need to be monitored as closely, especially when we're talking about someone who's never grown anything before.

IF, however, you have experience growing other plants, then use that knowledge and shift it to cannabis.

Chris Ford

Chris Ford

Thank you for that helpful advise. Going to home center to get the Pots to put them in. This is only experimental right now to see how it grows. But I will do anything to help my wife. I can not imagine the pain of these Migraines. I mean I have had some pretty good hang overs but from what she tells me it has no comparison to hers.
Bogota is 10 thousand feet high +/- and sometimes chilly lately we have not gotten over 70 but in the 2 years I have been here I have never seen below 60. its like this all year around.
I know the weather plays a very important part in the factor of growing that is why I chose the indoor plant. You are allowed up to 99 plants here in Colombia for personal USE. hehehehee That's Crazy I actually had to check that again because in Miami 100 Plants is considered FED time. 10 Plants is State Time. I will keep you posted on how my grow is going. MIght even send the Miami Herald Photos. hehehehe.

Chris

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Oh man, I am SO jelly right now! I'm thinking about all that wonderful food you get to eat. And those growing conditions? You may need to warm the plants up a bit, but if you get yourself some of the good Colombian genetics that are adapted... oh MAN! Now I'm even more jelly.

I often cannot take any oral medications when I'm having a bad migraine, I vomit too much. Then it's an ice bag and hiding for a day or two for me. I hope this works for her, I understand her pain.

Chris Ford

Chris Ford

You know she has had pretty good luck with JagerMister. Is a decent drink made in Germany. It has Codeine in it. she pours a shot in her coffee at the onset of it. I guess the caffeine and the codeine are a half way good mix. but it does not take it 100% away. Just a thought if you ever are at the Liquor Store you might want to get a Bottle. Remember to put it in the freezer. it will not freeze but drinking it very very cold helps for some reason.

Chris

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I didn't know that Jagermeister has codeine in it!

The cold helps because it affects the circulation in the brain stem. That's why ice bags are helpful to me. I believe.

You could, once you get your first harvest done, put some flowers into a bottle of Jagermeister, leave that for a month or several. When made with vodka it's called Green Dragon. Tastes like gack! But it packs a WALLOP.

Chris Ford

Chris Ford

Oh by the way. The food is unbelievable. it is against the law here to server food with additives in it. And when you get a Steak here its a Steak I and talking about a MOOOOOOO COWWWWW STEAKKKK...
18oz. T-Bone cost about $3.00 and its a real big t-bone.

Chris Ford

Chris Ford

I didn't know that Jagermeister has codeine in it!

The cold helps because it affects the circulation in the brain stem. That's why ice bags are helpful to me. I believe.

You could, once you get your first harvest done, put some flowers into a bottle of Jagermeister, leave that for a month or several. When made with vodka it's called Green Dragon. Tastes like gack! But it packs a WALLOP.

HELLL YAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

indicabush

indicabush

High elevation grow; UVA/UVB at its finest. I definitely would have a few containers outdoors :smoking:

Former wife had occasional migraines and I would treat her with Peppermint Essential Oil. I would mix it with Coconut Oil and apply to hairline and temples and it worked rather well for her. Cannabis was not a option because of employment.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Welcome to the farm!

I admire your diligence in helping solve your wifes migraines. Best of luck!
Columbia is known for its wonderful cannabis heritage. Your very lucky.
If I lived there I would try to source the Columbian Red strain, also known as Punta Roja to the locals. I don't know how it is for migraines, but its legendary in its own right.
Thanks for sharing, cant wait to see get your first harvest done!

On a side note....JagerMeister does not contain codiene. That's an urban myth. It does contain poppy seed as one of its 50 or so herbs and spices, that it's derived from, so maybe thats where the urban myth originates.
As junkies , now ex junkies, we researched this extensively before there was internet. Lol.

Chris Ford

Chris Ford

ShroomKing,
Here is the really cool thing. Irregardless whether it has codeine or not it sure as hell taste good with Red Bull.

Chris

Chris Ford

Chris Ford

Ok, Here is the 1st Day update.

Started with a 5 gal bucket. to put the 3 seeds in once sprouted will transfer to own Large Pot.
BUCKET.jpg

Yes I made little Flags where I put each seed and gave them names for my Brother in-law and Wife. It was a little funny thing I added here is a close up of the Chris M. Flag.

CHRIS-FLAG.jpg

I also wanted to show you my first attempt at growing. I bout these 2 plants at a flower store for $2.50 each they were only 6 inches high at the time. Unfortunately the last 8 days here in Bogota its been around 60 an rainy as hell. No sunshine and cold. As I live in the city and it si easy for people to go up to your porch and steal stuff it is hard to leave outside. It would be stolen very fast. I mean some of these punks will take your tires off your car in your driveway. Seen it happen not a pretty site.

So here is my first pre-started plants. Any ideas I would appreciate them. I am still in the learner phase.

first.jpg

Looks sad. I am almost tempted to play music to it. Like soft Jazz or good pot music from the 70's. Anything to help the poor thing. This is just a regular weed not special strand. But it still is weed regardless. Any Ideas to help bring it to life pass them on. I was thinking about giving it some of that Fertilizer I bought for the Purple Kush but not sure how much.

All the best and thanks for any advice.

Chris

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
She appears to be a bit overwatered, and possibly wanting for a bit of K and P. But she also appears to be a rather Sativa-leaning gal, so it's easy to overlove her. I would literally use some diluted urine, around 5:1 unless yours is very strong, in which case 10:1 is good, when she needs her next watering. Those low temps are going to cause problems since she's in a pot. The root zone needs to be warm for her to be able to use what's available, in part.
High elevation grow; UVA/UVB at its finest. I definitely would have a few containers outdoors :smoking:

Former wife had occasional migraines and I would treat her with Peppermint Essential Oil. I would mix it with Coconut Oil and apply to hairline and temples and it worked rather well for her. Cannabis was not a option because of employment.
Thanks for that tip, equal parts?

Top Bottom