• Thread starter Brownyboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Brownyboy

hi all,
This is my first time grow and
Was hoping for a bit of advice.
I’m growing two haze Autoflowering plants in a closet grow with cfls (I know it’s basic)
I’m currently 4 weeks in,
The soil is westlands(uk) which has about 3-4 weeks of food.

Now the bottom leaves are browning up and dieing.

I have just now feed them 1ml bloom, 2ml grow bio bizz nutes with 1 ltr of water,
Hoping it just needed a feed,

does anybody have any suggestions to what the problem may be?

Here are some pics of the problem, as you can see the rest of the leaves look good, just concerned about the bottom part.

Thanks

Bottom leaves browning
Bottom leaves browning 2
Bottom leaves browning 3
Bottom leaves browning 4
Bottom leaves browning 5
Bottom leaves browning 6
Bottom leaves browning 7
Bottom leaves browning 8
Bottom leaves browning 9
MW7945

MW7945

Looks more like a pH issue potentially. Whats your feed pH at?

Otherwise, could just be part of the process. Lower leaves that don't get any light will essentially die off. I'd personally pluck them and see if any more issues come up and go from there.

B

Brownyboy

Thanks for your help,

Sadly I got a bit carried away when I got the seeds and rushed into it without doing a bit of homework,
I haven’t got a ph tester yet. So I wouldn’t know.
I now realise how important it is to use one and just ordered one this morning.
I was just giving her tap water and all I know about our water here is apparently it’s the purest water in England. (If that helps)
When it arrives I will check right away.

If the ph is out,
Will she recover?
I’m a bit worried now

Again thanks for the info

B

Brownyboy

Oh wait I have a Pronge thing in the soil that someone gave me.

It checks moisture, ph and light,

It’s a bit tricky to read but it’s saying between 7-8.

This is too high isn’t it?

Monster762

Monster762

Thanks for your help,

Sadly I got a bit carried away when I got the seeds and rushed into it without doing a bit of homework,
I haven’t got a ph tester yet. So I wouldn’t know.
I now realise how important it is to use one and just ordered one this morning.
I was just giving her tap water and all I know about our water here is apparently it’s the purest water in England. (If that helps)
When it arrives I will check right away.

If the ph is out,
Will she recover?
I’m a bit worried now

Again thanks for the info
Yes ph is fixable
Oh wait I have a Pronge thing in the soil that someone gave me.

It checks moisture, ph and light,

It’s a bit tricky to read but it’s saying between 7-8.

This is too high isn’t it?
yup you want closer to 6.5 in soil

B

Brownyboy

Thanks for the info.

I’ve read abit about the ph uppers and downers today, so is this what I would need to fix the ph problem,

Or is there other ways to fix the issue?

Again thank for the help, really appreciate it.

Monster762

Monster762

Yes ph is fixable

yup you want closer to 6.5 in soil
But it is fixable. Do you have vinegar? If so it will add acidity. ( lower your ph) I would ph some water down to about 5.5-6.0 and water real good. Just take a gallon and start with about a 1/4 cup vinegar in it.shake it up good then Let sit for half hour or so. Check ph of it with your probe. There are other ways but this is one you might have right in your kitchen.

Monster762

Monster762

check ph of your tap water before adding any vinegar too. Your tap may be really alkaline.

Monster762

Monster762

And they say apple cider vinegar is best cause the acid is limited to 5%. But the white vinegar I used was 5% acidity too. I just had high ph too around 7.5. It will lock out nutrients. Someone sent me a chart here I’ll find it n post it here.

B

Brownyboy

That’s a great quick fix, I will be doing that, first thing in the morning.

Thanks for the knowledge.

Monster762

Monster762

Idea is to keep it right where all the bars fall in at. I try to stay 6.2-6.5

Monster762

Monster762

if it is, then I’m guessing I probably will just need to add more vinigar?
Check water ph first. Add vinegar by the 1/4 cup. It will change the ph drastically. You want to add as little as possible to get it where you want. But being soil is around 8 you want to counter by going lower than the target by almost what your over by. So if ph is high by day 1.0 you want to counter by setting your water 1.0 lower than your target. That has worked for me. It isn’t perfect way but it’ll get you in range.

Monster762

Monster762

Oh I see,

So the plant is basically not getting fed anything with a ph 8,
That’s not good, hopefully will fix this tomorrow.

And thanks for the chart, really helped.
It gets some nutes but locks out everything that the bar doesn’t go that far over. Add the vinegar to water do not add straight to soil not is really acidic. Ph of like 2.5 or so straight. Dangerous acidic I would think.

Monster762

Monster762

I’m still learning it all too but I’ve personally had that issue n vinegar worked well.

K

kansabis

I wouldn't worry about your ph in soil and since your now in flower and the issue has just appeared it is either low light/old leaf die off or was hungry. In soil the ph buffers around so that the roots can take what nutrients they need,whatever the ph is of your water or nutrient mix will not be the ph of your soil or at least not for long,if however you are worried about the ph of your soil,instead of relying on the meter you have in there now or measuring the ph of your liquids,you would need to conduct a slurry test like they do when using coco but I honestly don't think its much to worry about,they are looking just fine besides those bottom leaves,roll with it.

Top Bottom