Bottom Yellowing Prior To Flowering

• Thread starter Iamrain
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Iamrain

Iamrain

Hey growers,
I’m growing outdoors using canna coco that I pre washed a few times, cal mag 1.5 ml/gal, canna a+b 4ml+4ml/gal, and 2ml/gallon of seaweed grow by blue planet. 3 gal fabric pots, lst training since 3 days ago.

I’ve been thinking about raising my nutes to start greening these girls up more (they seem to have always been on a lighter green side). But after I noticed the bottom leaves looking yellow with a few brown and white spots.. I’m thinking I certainly need to dial in my nitrogen and nutes better. I thought canna a+b wouldn’t give me too many issues really, that it would provide the plant with stable and proper nutrients?? I’ve also been using Epsom salts the last 3 days (while thinking that it needs more Sulphur because of the light green new growth). I noticed that the healthier plants out of my bunch have a runoff of closer to 5.8 rather than the 5.5 from the ones that have the bit of yellowing in the leaves.

So to sum it up- I’m wondering if the nutes need to be increased, and by how much roughly. And just- what do you think? I’m planning to raise my ph slightly also (I’m using strips). I have fulvic acid on hand as well as liquid silica. Those are prepped in a foliar sprayer which i used almost a week ago. I plan on spraying them once a week at night. There’s also a bit of Epsom salts in there too.

I just really don’t want my plants going south right before flowering. They are 28 days old to the day!

Thank you.

Bottom yellowing prior to flowering
Bottom yellowing prior to flowering 2
Bottom yellowing prior to flowering 3
Bottom yellowing prior to flowering 4
Bottom yellowing prior to flowering 5
Enforcer

Enforcer

I agree, they look fine to me. The top pic is probably just a few drops that got left there during watering. Are you feeding everyday, and at what strength?

Iamrain

Iamrain

I agree, they look fine to me. The top pic is probably just a few drops that got left there during watering. Are you feeding everyday, and at what strength?

The ppms seem a little funny when I do the reading. Because the blue planet seaweed makes it drop by about 50. I just increased my feed today. 1.5ml cal magic, 4.5ml canna A, 4.5ml canna B, 2.5 ml of the seaweed (in one gallon jug). Ppms.. I’ll have to do a reading this evening cuz I can’t remember it off the top of my head.

I feed twice a day, morning and evening. Splitting the one gallon feed across the 6 plants for one day. 1/2 gallon in the morning and 1/2 gallon at night.

Iamrain

Iamrain

I’m glad you guys are thinking they look good! I am still a little bit of a worry wart, so I will be keeping an eye on them and cutting back the Epsom salts once the lime greenness vanishes from sight.

I have been spilling the feed on the leaves quite a bit lately, because I have a cardboard backstop that I keep in front of them to trap the light. Maybe I should move it out of the way before each watering?

Iamrain

Iamrain

The ppms seem a little funny when I do the reading. Because the blue planet seaweed makes it drop by about 50. I just increased my feed today. 1.5ml cal magic, 4.5ml canna A, 4.5ml canna B, 2.5 ml of the seaweed (in one gallon jug). Ppms.. I’ll have to do a reading this evening cuz I can’t remember it off the top of my head.

I feed twice a day, morning and evening. Splitting the one gallon feed across the 6 plants for one day. 1/2 gallon in the morning and 1/2 gallon at night.
460 ppms is my final feed reading going into the planet. The seaweed would be boosting it but it doesn’t read that way. The Epsom salts jump in up over a thousand for a teaspoon per gallon also. I sometimes add the salt later on before feeding.

B

Burned Haze

Plants love that foliar , i’ve Been using this brew for a minute and the plants just love it and pray to the sky .. even after a few hours :)

Foliar spray tea: silica, aloe 200x, kelp,fulvic acid, em1, yucca extract for wetting agent (ph set to 6-7)

* Apply a IPM plan In between this foliar tea for 7 day schedule (prevention is the key)

Iamrain

Iamrain

Do you skip their usual feed routine at the time you apply the foliar feed? I’m thinking they might obsorb it better if they only eat 1 thing off of the
Plants love that foliar , i’ve Been using this brew for a minute and the plants just love it and pray to the sky .. even after a few hours :)

Foliar spray tea: silica, aloe 200x, kelp,fulvic acid, em1, yucca extract for wetting agent (ph set to 6-7)

* Apply a IPM plan In between this foliar tea for 7 day schedule (prevention is the key)
menu.

B

Burned Haze

Do you skip their usual feed routine at the time you apply the foliar feed? I’m thinking they might obsorb it better if they only eat 1 thing off of the

menu.

No I don’t skip any feeding, point is giving the plant a faster absorber version and to the parts of the plant it would be “yellowing” and be older( I stop applying foliar promoters at week flower 2 max 3-4). Then Doing a rotate IPM (prevention is the key), then what I stated every other week of each other. Everything I stated won’t burn or “overfeed” the plant , i even started out with 25% of all of those things and mixed cause I was fearful of the end result , welL I raised it every time and never once have I ever seen a plant get burned. Only positive results

I’ve played with a few other things in the brew like ( example :cal25) , just read the manual and make sure it can be mixed with other stuff . But I highly recommend the mixture of things I stated above who want a balance foliar feed

Think of drench is slow release, foliar your fast release ( you can see results in hours) but foliar is not the use only if your plants are def or sick only. Most good growers I know spray weekly a tea

Iamrain

Iamrain

Ah That's good to know, about not skipping the root feed when I foliar spray. I looked it up and say something written about it as well. Your IPM rotation???- What's that all about. Is that a pest prevention method? What goes into it?

From what I've been reading on foliar feed lately- my next grow could use a foliar feed way more often- like every other day. I wonder how those results would turn out.

Iamrain

Iamrain

Well you guys were right! That was minor, minor, minor, and nothing to be concerned about.

Since that time I have delved deeper into fuzzy tying my plants down with LST as well as upping their feed a bit and adding in a bloom booster from the canna line as well- PK 13/14.

They seem a little slow on developing their buds, but with huge amounts of cloud cover the last week and only 8 hours of sunlight attempting to hit their leaves, I think it’s inderstandable. Within the next week or two I think I can expect the flowers to stack on themselves more and develop hairs? This is my first time, so I don’t really understand what to be expecting.

LST seems to be one of the best things I could be doing for them now. Each day they look a bit different with some new growth and upward movement. I stopped foliar spraying ( it seems that my feed was too old and a few plants didn’t enjoy it- says the colorless spots on their leaves). I add 1 ml of silica to start in my one gallon feeding pitcher. The Epsom salts. I have discontinued and I finish the pitcher off with a concentration of humic acid and water about 10 min after mixing all my feed together.

If you’d like I will update my grow here every week or so..
A8DD0CBF 04D0 494B 91DE 86D3504674DF
3AFF19DB E1EE 47D4 B64C 5154AA73F2E1

Here’s to stress free growing and the ending of of the outdoor season! Have a good one and happy and healthy growing to all of you!

Iamrain

Iamrain

I thought I was spilling fertilizer on them and causing some discoloration. But there is no denying it now, there is some sort of internal issue. Calcium or magnesium deficiency?

I actually JUST took the plants off of cal magic today. Perhaps that will be compounding the problem. My idea is too just add more to their feed, more than my original amount. They are about 3 weeks from harvest I think, and the grow shop I go to said I should cut the cal mag at that time. Perhaps I can just flush hard at the very end and do cal mag through flower? My main concern are the appearance of these leaves though. It’s heavy on one plant and lighter on another. Hoping they don’t all acquire that look.

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

DetGrnThumb

DetGrnThumb

I saw you mentioning your runoff pH running around 5.8 on your healthier plants and 5.5 on you plants with issues. Are you also logging your ppm/EC both in and out and your runoff volume as well. That right there can tell you a lot also

Top Bottom