Branchy Strains

• Thread starter Friendlyguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

6 a year harvest x 6.5 lbs per harvest average = 39lbs.
+ I have a separate veg area with 2 x 1000w Hortilux. Will probably change to 1000w DE CMH, but like a Gavita, you have to have 38 inches from the top of the canopy. Or they WILL fry.

All these numbers are easily attainable if you've got the space. If you cant get 35oz with a 1000w Gavita in a 6 x 5 area, cranked to the max ( 1160w ), you should quit growing.
35oz per 3 lights = 105 oz x 6 times a year = 630oz. 630 divided by 16 = 39.374lbs.

If a person had better atmospheric control, you could even do considerably better than this.

Also, not any strain will produce results like the.

2 strains so far Ive found that will are F2 Mr Nice SSH that we went through over 200 females, and have been using it for 6 years. 1 plant vegged under a 1000w Hortilux HPS for 80 days, and trained, in 50 gallon container under a 1000w Gavita will do 2.5 lbs in a 6 x 5 space. The gavita is good for a 6 x 5 area, and is 2100 umol at 40 inches. You cant get them closer than 38 inches, or they will FRY. Gavita has a lot of infrared,/heat. 2x anything else.
I can get a 1000w Hortilux 20 inches from the top in the autumn - spring, but covers 16 sq ft vs Gavita is good for 30 sq/ft. Almost 2x.

You can see this 1 bud from 1 branch weighs in a 50 grams. And very little stem. This 50gs is after what small amount of stem is removed.

Notice this also my Les Paul Guitar Case. This bud is 21 incles long.

Add about 50 more good size branches, and it quickly adds up with big plants, and a lot of light, and soil, and veg time. This plant if it was straight up vs horizontal would be 6+ feet tall, and was 5 feet wide in a 30 gallon container.

Completely filled up a 6 x 5 area.

This was a Kosher Kush, and it produced big time, but was discontinued 4 years ago.

Wont let me post image from Imgur. Says Invalid

Last edited:
Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

Try again. SSH are bigger than this. This is Kosher Kush

WIN 20160912 17 10 50 Pro zps0xjrucyj

Monster762

Monster762

I misread your post. Numbers definately doable. I thought it was saying you pulled 40 out a 5x20.

Friendlyguy

Friendlyguy

It sure does! You are killing it to make two tips. Lol! Now the plant has to divide its flow and production of a plethora of bio chemicals that are used for growth. Each pinch depending on genetics and co2/light intensity. can set you back 4 to 7 days....do the fucking math....only time pinching is of any benefit. When you're creating a branchy plant that normally creats a main cola.

Not here to argue or watch my thread get turned into unintended bullshit! My intentions are clear...i want a list branchy strains....thats it not a bunch of questions trying to figure out how i operate. Which is very small by the way! This thread has been highjacked and now its a fucking argument! That shouldn't be...lmfao! Too funny

Edit: fellas this isn't a pissing contest!

Pinching does not kill the main growing tip... face palm

Last edited:
Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

Dominion Skunk
Dominion Granny Skunk
Dominion Sis Skunk
Dominion Screaming Eagle.... SeedsHereNow has Dominion Seed Company Gear.

Coastal Seeds Nl1 x UK Cheese.. GreatLakesGenetucs has these
Coastal Seeds Puck Yeah... Though its not a big plant, and production isn't huge, it is second to none in resin production

Coastal IBL Burmese

Mr Nice Super Silver Haze

Mr Nice Critical Mass

Swami Organic Seeds..... Blue Orca Haze.. Can be long flowering. Sativa phenos are most desirable.

Swami/Nevils Original LTD Release 1988 NL5 x Saze. But can go 90 days, it has prolific branching, as does BOH, and they need lots of light.

Th Seeds.. The HOG.

Reserva Privada/DNA Genetics Kosher Kush

There are more.

Id start with the Dominon gear, and Swami/BOH.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
It sure does! You are killing it to make two tips. Lol! Now the plant has to divide its flow and production of a plethora of bio chemicals that are used for growth. Each pinch depending on genetics and co2/light intensity. can set you back 4 to 7 days....do the fucking math....only time pinching is of any benefit. When you're creating a branchy plant that normally creats a main cola.

Not here to argue or watch my thread get turned into unintended bullshit! My intentions are clear...i want a list branchy strains....thats it not a bunch of questions trying to figure out how i operate. Which is very small by the way! This thread has been highjacked and now its a fucking argument! That shouldn't be...lmfao! Too funny

Edit: fellas this isn't a pissing contest!
You are talking about topping the plant not pinching to slow growth down, triple face palm....want me to draw you a picture??

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

I still disagree.

Mucking with the growing tip doesn't do it any favors. It still slows it down, as it has to recuperate, and also damage to the leaf tissue, in some cases, especially with high humidity, can lead to fungus/bacterial infections.

Again. I see no value, and have also experimented myself with no added positive results vs just training them, and manipulating the secondary branches myself.
Now I do Bend,, shake my plants vigorously. Daily I Pull UP on them, and stress the crap out of them by physical manipulation with my fingers, but I do not muck with the tips, as Ive found even excessively bending the growing tip, I can greatly slow the vertical growth of the plant of which is counter productive as I want to grow either Trees, or huge Round BEach Ball/Forsythia Bush looking plants, that if you want to find the growing tip, you have to get down to soil level, and trace out the main stem, and trace it till the end, as all of the secondaries, are as big, or bigger vs the main. 1 plant in 30 gallons x 1000w Gavita, can be 6 feet across/long, and 5 feet wide, and the secondary branches 3+ feet high, with 50 gram dry, trimmed branches.

Considering I'm getting 1+ Grams per watt when conditions are optimal. I use 000 atmospheric control ect, except excellent fresh air flow, a really large area that also helps dissipate heat, and air movement.
But for me, theres no way I'm messing with this formula, and have been doing it for years, on and off.

My grow area is 20 x 5 in flowering, and 10 x 10 for veg room. 10ft ceilings.

My total area in 50 x 50 and I have small areas blocked off ect, and have a lot of air. I also keep the fans on during lights out.

Last edited:
Friendlyguy

Friendlyguy

I am reading online that pinching and topping are the same. Fim'n is different from the two.
Then other places claim there is a difference...lol what is the difference?
To me pinching happens early on to create a bush.
Topping you are cutting down the plant 2 maybe 3 nodes. Keeping in mind there's already 4 to 5 nodes left after the top.

Lol....pinching is done earlier. where as topping is done after the plant has atleast 6 to 7 nodes, and you are topping it leaving the bottom 4 to 5 nodes. Explain in detail....i gotta hear this....there's much debate so says the internet!

You are talking about topping the plant not pinching to slow growth down, triple face palm....want me to draw you a picture??

Friendlyguy

Friendlyguy

The point i am trying to make is that i want naturally bushy plants without having to pinch or top. Then cutting the lower branches allowing energy to focus on the upper parts.

Face palm!

20-30gal pots

Needing about 5g water/feed daily per plant. But not time to pinch.....

K

kansabis

Guess what though,if you take clones you are doing the same too,but in reality life in nature these plants endure way more stress than most of us cause,grow em how you want,some strains are bushier than others,typically more from the indica side,but also they tend to be smaller and veg slower.

Latest posts

Top Bottom