Brown Tips On 2 Day Old Seedlings...?

• Thread starter Uckemfup
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

COBGrower420

My seedlings tips started turning brown within the first two days after coming up...I’ve since moved the light to a further distance, but it was already at 36 inches to begin with (6 cob 3000k light, running at 50w per cob) What is/was my problem? Different seedlings show different signs of stress. I planted in root riot cubes to pop seeds but placed these directly in uncharged 3 gal coco smart pots from the beginning. Too much light too soon? The new growth seems to be normal.View attachment 790868 View attachment 790866

View attachment 790865View attachment 790867

pull the light away...
thats a baby u have 6 cob running 50W... that baby cant even take 25W...

or put big zip lock back on top of it and cut sides with a scissor for ventilation.

you really dont need to add nutes till day 5 or 6.

it should perk up.

Uckemfup

Uckemfup

pull the light away...
thats a baby u have 6 cob running 50W... that baby cant even take 25W...

or put big zip lock back on top of it and cut sides with a scissor for ventilation.

you really dont need to add nutes till day 5 or 6.

it should perk up.
I opened up the light and unplugged 3 of the 6 cobs for the first few weeks and JUST plugged a 4th back in last night...at 31-32” currently...no dimming capability on my light so I’m at the mercy of spacing and number of lights. I could potentially take the lenses off the 4 I have on right now...would that help with the light intensity or should I even waste the time? They’ve recovered with the reduced intensity I created by turning off a number of the lights, but I’d like to make my grow as efficient as possible? Any suggestions? Here’s what the setup looks like now...4 3000k cobs running at 50w (I think this is what the light came set to, it’s the equivalent of an Optic 6 and I looked up the specs., undimmable) I’m thinking about taking the light apart and using the components to build a better light.
Is the cupping of the plants normal?\/

I think I overwatered this baby...\/

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
You can take the lenses off it would make the light more dispersed. That lens focuses the light at probably 60 or 90 degree angle so it would decrease the light intensity under the cobs but if you can unplug the individual cobs thats a more direct solution. By the way besides the genetic mutation and overwatering they don’t look bad, it looks like they are accustomed to the lights, let them be.

Uckemfup

Uckemfup

You can take the lenses off it would make the light more dispersed. That lens focuses the light at probably 60 or 90 degree angle so it would decrease the light intensity under the cobs but if you can unplug the individual cobs thats a more direct solution. By the way besides the genetic mutation and overwatering they don’t look bad, it looks like they are accustomed to the lights, let them be.

yah I fed the mutated one some ooze I found next to some turtles in the sewer...idk ? lol

Uckemfup

Uckemfup

Uckemfup

Uckemfup

They got better...I kept switching COBs on and off until I got the fastest growing arrangement/most efficiency...def not thru a scientific formula tho lol, trial and error.

Top Bottom