Buckets

• Thread starter lava
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lava

lava

Hello THCFarmers. You guys have the best uc section on the web!

I have recently changed from aero to undercurrent and have a question about the buckets i plan to use for flowering.

Here is my new uc vegger that i transplanted to 4 days ago. Those are 3.5gal buckets. No leaks.
New-UC-Planted.jpg

Uniseal1.jpg

Here are the totes i bought for the flower uc. Not very light proof. My other option is to buy 7 gallon buckets just like the veg unit. I can buy reflexive material and spray paint the white totes black.

The question is, would i benefit more from having 14 gallons for roots or can i get away with 7 gallons of roots? The plants wont be incredibly huge, maybe 6' tall and 3' diameter.

Flower-light-Problems.jpg

I will probably start a journal here soon because I still have a lot to learn

Thanks

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Clear totes will work against you, I would cover them with some kind of reflective material, paint, or opaque paint...I wouldn't use black because it really soaks the heat up and into the water.

Fill one with water first before you get to far and make sure they will not deform in shape of actually split..

Tex

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
I think given the size of the plants in that picture you would be waaaaaay better off with a 14 gal tote........ those roots will clog a 7 gal, quick.... and as far as the clear totes, you can wrap em or cover em pretty easily, heavy 6 mil trashbags or panda film, lots of options.

S

Sinister

Hello Lava,

I am wondering if you can help me...

I have built a mobile phone (cell phone) controlled system..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXPj1c08LBw

In the video you will see its got a rubbish dripper planting system on it.

I am looking for a top end planting system and was going to fit a RDWC system that was until I saw the undercurrents system!

Basically I want to build one that uses 7 gallon buckets like you are

I am wondering if you can help me out with where and what bits your using? I can get the 2" pipe and the 21 litre buckets but I am not sure on the connections, pump etc. If I can get the pumps at a reasonable price I will put a flow sensor on the pipe so if the pump fails another one will kick in..I will also do something similar with the air pump.

Thanks

lava

lava

sinister,

the connections are called uniseals, you can buy them at many online store, just search 2" uniseals. The pump i use is an ecoplus 396. You need to circulate the water 6-7 times/hour, so size your pump accordingly. The pump will fail, but i check it everyday, so i will be able o replace it.

When you use a hole saw on the buckets, go slow and make sure you cut round holes with no bucket flex.

Top Bottom